Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Treasure Hunter Effect Amongst Jobs

As an adjustment to the balance of Treasure Hunter at level 99, the below pets will have their Treasure Hunter effect changed to Treasure Hunter I.

-Dipper Yuly
    -Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.

Here is the premise regarding the hierarchy of the Treasure Hunter effect (from strongest to weakest).
    1. Thief
    2. Ranger
    3. Support job thief
    4. Other jobs
    ※As ranger received the new “Bounty Shot” as a support ability, it is now slightly more beneficial than a support job Treasure Hunter when effectively used.

However, with the increase in the level cap from 75 to 99, this ordering has started to become ambiguous, so in order to clearly define the premise again, our current aim was to find adjustments appropriate to follow this.

The prime example of changes to this hierarchy were with the increase in the Treasure Hunter effect for familiar pets due to the level cap increase and we would like to start by adjusting this area.

The development team looked into routes to adjust this, such as changing the pet’s job, lowering the stats of the pets in exchange for not lowering the Treasure Hunter effect, revamping the pet’s special abilities, etc., but ultimately they made the decision to preserve their fighting capabilities and only reduce their Treasure Hunter effect. To go along with this adjustment, we will be easing up on the materials required to synthesize “Lucky Broth” which created with the basis of the Treasure Hunter effect in mind.
    ※The current focus of this adjustment is for familiar pets, but in the future if automatons and avatars are given Treasure Hunter, we will be adopting the same policy.

To give a bit more insight, the development team looked into a completely different direction on this at first, exploring if they could establish proper balance to follow this idea by changing the drop rate table. However, if they were to change the drop rates, the obtainment rate for every single item would change and the effects would be too drastic, so they came to the conclusion that they would not be adjusting the drop rates.
    (32)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    incoming bst s#%*storm
    (5)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Rubbish is as rubbish does.

Guarantee's three things.

1. Goodbye FFXI
    2. Never going to join FFXIV
    3. SE needs to stick to making 1 player offline games and NEVER make another MMO.

Also this is just Absorb TP and Saboteur again, real translation.

"We can't think what to add so instead we'll weaken something to make it the same strength with
    gear, kupo!"

EDIT:
    When does BLU get the nerf hammer, that jobs been OP for so long now.
    (16)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 02-03-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Character
    Detoxy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Rubbish is as rubbish does.

Guarantee's three things.

1. Goodbye FFXI
    2. Never going to join FFXIV
    3. SE needs to stick to making 1 player offline games and NEVER make another MMO.

Also this is just Absorb TP and Saboteur again, real translation.

"We can't think what to add so instead we'll weaken something to make it the same strength with gear, kupo!"
    WE WILL SEE U IN A FEW MONTHS L8RZ!!!
    (8)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    An issue was discovered in which the Beastmaster job was inadvertently made effective. This issue will be addressed in a future content update.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
    (28)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    An issue was discovered in which the Beastmaster job was inadvertently made effective. This issue will be addressed in a future content update.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
    If you didn't know better you'd think that was from the devs themselves.
    (6)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    about time.
    (5)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    149 coins left for me to farm so whew got in before nerf

I Kinda thought this was gonna be nerfed shame really cause it's useful for killing stuff like nms outside dyna.

Either way i'm sure you'll still farm coins faster than the pre-ruinator days ^^

If ya rage quitting cause of this just rememebr 500k-1mil a glass and 10-17 slaves was need to do what bst could do solo.

yes it'a a nerf BUT red = 100% 1 coin drop which means it's only gonna reduce the other 4-5 coin drops by like 10-20 % so it's not that big of a deal.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 02-03-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    about time.
    I know right? BSTs have been dominating dynamis and other popular content with their TH pets for years.
    (7)

I don't see why you'd decide that preserving fighting strength in exchange for TH. I doubt there's a bst alive that wouldn't rather have the pets themselves nerfed in exchange. We pay good money for these pets. These are in fact the two most expensive pets out there, shouldn't we get something out of that in exchange?
    (6)

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast