Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Player
    out of curiosity, were there any conclusive tests that showed THI + taru sash = THII? i can't remember
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laphine View Post
    out of curiosity, were there any conclusive tests that showed THI + taru sash = THII? i can't remember
    I cannot see why it shouldn't be. I've done a fair amount of tests on the workings of TH itself, and it all indicates that TH is very simply tiered, with all trait tiers and all increasing items and buffs (Kupower/Atma) as well as upgrades just adding up. No extra-TH calculations (like post-TH modifiers or mid-tiers) or anything like that.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

The only thing I'm going to say is this. While it's annoying to say the least, but the 'nerf' isn't going to break the bank too much.The Reason why I say this: THF's TH base is 4 with all the Job Trails; +1 For Knife, +1/+2 for Assassain's Armlets (+2), and another +1 for Empy. Feet +2. So the magic total of TH8 with gear, 9 if you use atma. BSTs will be getting an Axe, I presume. The thing about TH is that once you hit with all that loveliness, you can take the TH gear off, because it no longer helps at that point. So one extra axe to carry to proc your TH3 might be a little inconvenient, but once you've got it on the mob you can go back to business as usual. It sucks, trust me, I understand... I was working on my THF Steal gear so I could make Dippers for my BST. But it's not THAT bad of a nerf once you re-gear (again...) And 1 maybe 2 axes in the grands scheme might not be so detrimental.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    The only thing I'm going to say is this. While it's annoying to say the least, but the 'nerf' isn't going to break the bank too much.The Reason why I say this: THF's TH base is 4 with all the Job Trails; +1 For Knife, +1/+2 for Assassain's Armlets (+2), and another +1 for Empy. Feet +2. So the magic total of TH8 with gear, 9 if you use atma. BSTs will be getting an Axe, I presume. The thing about TH is that once you hit with all that loveliness, you can take the TH gear off, because it no longer helps at that point. So one extra axe to carry to proc your TH3 might be a little inconvenient, but once you've got it on the mob you can go back to business as usual. It sucks, trust me, I understand... I was working on my THF Steal gear so I could make Dippers for my BST. But it's not THAT bad of a nerf once you re-gear (again...) And 1 maybe 2 axes in the grands scheme might not be so detrimental.
    Depends on the mob. Big ass NM? Sure, swapping won't hurt you much. Dynamis mobs that die in seconds? You're gonna notice a significant drop in DPS from swapping weapons. For BST, it will probably still be worth it, since they're gonna have TH0 or TH1 normally (depending on the pet), and the upgrade is very effective at those tiers (upgrade up to TH2). For THF, for example, it would actually be worse to swap gear, because while you marginally increase the drop rate, you lose in amounts of kills in any given timeframe.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    THF's TH base is 4 with all the Job Trails; +1 For Knife, +1/+2 for Assassain's Armlets (+2), and another +1 for Empy. Feet +2. So the magic total of TH8 with gear, 9 if you use atma.
    Base 4, wut?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Depends on the mob. Big ass NM? Sure, swapping won't hurt you much. Dynamis mobs that die in seconds? You're gonna notice a significant drop in DPS from swapping weapons. For BST, it will probably still be worth it, since they're gonna have TH0 or TH1 normally (depending on the pet), and the upgrade is very effective at those tiers (upgrade up to TH2). For THF, for example, it would actually be worse to swap gear, because while you marginally increase the drop rate, you lose in amounts of kills in any given timeframe.
    *The use of Treasure Hunter enhancing equipment has no effect if the current effectiveness level has risen above the user's cumulative Treasure Hunter effect (from traits, equipment, and other sources).

*Treasure Hunter can be enhanced by any THFs in the group, not just the THF that set the initial Treasure Hunter level.

*If a THF with a higher tier of Treasure Hunter than is currently in effect performs an action on the enemy, it will set Treasure Hunter's effectiveness to his or her level (e.g. the next strike will increase Treasure Hunter's effectiveness to +1 of his or her effect). This is also the case when a THF performs an initial action and subsequently performs another action in Treasure Hunter enhancing equipment.

This is taken from the wiki. If you're managing to kill a mob in 10 secs then I can see what you're saying to be true, but you're procing, hitting with TH, and then finishing off. I swap gear all the time for SMN, BLM, PUP, Etc. It's instantaneous And the thing now, with Pet +TH gear, you now have greater options of pets to use. Even if you only gain TH +1, which bestows the greatest boost % to TH anyway, It's now applicable to pets that otherwise wouldn't have it as is, like Crude Raphie. While the lose of TP would be bad for gear swaps, it's not unmanageable. Most cases you're subbing DNC to begin with; so Reverse Flourish could help compensate for some of the loss there. Plus, with Dual Wield, the TP gain in most cases is large as is. And as it stands, I could be wrong, we don't even know what type of equipment it is that'll have the Pet TH+. It might be an earring you get from VW or WoE, It could be a pair of gloves you get somewhere. Which in that case, there'd be no TP loss at all, so.... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    Base 4, wut?
    At lvl 99 The Base Treasure Hunter gain with no additional gear, etc. is 4.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 02-14-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Thought of some thing
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    [..], so.... yeah.
    Exactly what I said. In short: probably worth it for BST, despite loss of DPS, unlike for THF.

It's 3.
    (1)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    It's 3.
    Thief's Knife: +1 THF
    Assassin's Armlet's +2: +2 TH
    Raider's Poulaines +2: +1 TH
    I own all of these and Proc TH8, No offense... It's 4
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Thief's Knife: +1 THF
    Assassin's Armlet's +2: +2 TH
    Raider's Poulaines +2: +1 TH
    I own all of these and Proc TH8, No offense... It's 4
    It starts at 7, then when you see the message that is you bumping it up to 8.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    And if you kill a mob and fail to get a TH+ proc...the BASE with all possible gear is 7, not 8.
    (2)

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast