Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Best. Announcement. Ever.

Why should BST be able to roll in more coins from Dyna then a THF main? This doesn't break BST in Dyna at all, but it will put a dent in your profits.

tl;dr: want drops? Bring a THF.
    (18)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This is an incredibly bad move. Bst is absolutely worthless in Voidwatch. Chances are it will be extremely undesirable in Legion. That leaves us primarily with two "semi relevant" events to shine in. Abyssea, and Dynamis. Do you think we shine in those two events because when people build parties for them they shout in port jeuno "5/6 Beast Master Can I have it?"

NO. We shine in those two areas because we are solo'ing/duo'ing. Or sometimes a small group of friends are doing something, and a Beast Master can fulfill a twofer by being a backup tank/DD with a little TH mixed in.

With this announcement you want to shit all over small groups, and solo play in events that are boring as hell to begin with. Where if people still need things from old events Bst offers a way to obtain those items without begging for help. To help new players obtain gear, or to catch up returning players to the game who need gear yet can;t find anyone to help, because everyone has what they need from these two events already.

Honestly wasn't Farsha enough of a kick in the balls to Beastmasters? Why don't the Developers spend their time making the WS not be the most pathetic empy WS these is outside of abyssea. Or make special pets only callable when you have relic/mythic/empy equipped? Unless this "TH gear" allows us to retain the same level of TH we've had with Yuly this decision is a complete slap in the face. How out of touch can the development team be with a game THEY are creating... Jesus.
    (18)
    Last edited by Zaknafein; 02-03-2012 at 08:19 AM.

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    And because the Japanese like this pointless nerf, there's zero chance we can resist it. Thanks for stripping of us of our ability to pursue relics independently, I'm glad I put so much effort into gearing BST for this purpose, as if the Abyssea nerfs weren't enough.

Now it's back to kissing ass and bowing to disability check collecting, Rascal riding, diabetes having pyramid scheme-type LS mafioso wannabes if we EVER want to lay hands on a relic. Thanks guys. I hate you and your balance.
    (5)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Why can't they just do away with Treasure Hunter entirely?

Give THF some traits and JA's that make it more than a job thats primary function in PvE is to smack something a few times and gtfo.

Start giving THF crit damage +% crit chance +% and shit like tactical evasion and special bolts like mdef down, meva down, and upgraded versions of the Bloody/Acid/Blind exclusive to Thief only.

Treasure hunter is a retarded idea that only holds the job that has it as its "primary" focus back, if you're going to give it to everyone, /take it away, or GIVE IT TO AVATARS AND AUTOMATONS.

Just do everyone a favor, delete it and give Thief things worth while.

Treasure hunter is the thing that has single handedly sent thief into oblivion. Yet the dev team still says stupid things like "Mug and Steal" having lower recast times etc is overpowered, there's NOTHING TO STEAL, THERE'S NOTHING TO MUG, TH DOESN'T MATTER IN VOID WATCH, IT DOESN'T MATTER IN NEARLY 80% OF THE GAME.

Just do the smart thing and give THF a combo point system like you gave to DNC and call the abilities different things, jesus christ I feel sorry for you guys.
    (9)
    Last edited by Urteil; 02-03-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargent View Post

Why should BST be able to roll in more coins from Dyna then a THF main? This doesn't break BST in Dyna at all, but it will put a dent in your profits.

I'll be sure to bring a THF next time I solo dynamis, thanks for the suggestion.
    (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Sargent View Post

Don't get the wrong idea, even without TH bst will still pull more coins than a thf. We've still got the kill speed advantage. I think the main difference is you're going to be seeing a lot more falcor out there to compensate
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Eh. Can we at least get a TH boost for Falcorr over Yuly? Just seemed weird to me for them to have the same TH effect.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    And because the Japanese like this pointless nerf, there's zero chance we can resist it. Thanks for stripping of us of our ability to pursue relics independently, I'm glad I put so much effort into gearing BST for this purpose, as if the Abyssea nerfs weren't enough.

Now it's back to kissing ass and bowing to disability check collecting, Rascal riding, diabetes having pyramid scheme-type LS mafioso wannabes if we EVER want to lay hands on a relic. Thanks guys. I hate you and your balance.
    Yeah no shit. They need to get the Beastmasters out of Dynamis so they don't interfere with newly formed groups going to farm assinine trials to upgrade peoples relics to 99. Not only do they feel the need to tell you "Hey we decided you need an alliance to get that last upgrade for the relic you solo'd/duo'd... or wait on 2nd thought from now on we don't want people solo'ing/duo'ing their way through boring as hell content at all. KthnkxBaI." Need to insure that bullshit timesink is running smoothly.
    (7)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    Eh. Can we at least get a TH boost for Falcorr over Yuly? Just seemed weird to me for them to have the same TH effect.
    Idk, if anything seems like Yuly should be left with the higher TH. I mean they kinda have a point on Falcor. He is really strong. But Yuly? Poor weak take years to kill anything Yuly? No, I do not agree
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    I'll be sure to bring a THF next time I solo dynamis, thanks for the suggestion.
    Because soloing on THF/DNC is hard.
    (2)

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast