Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No, it becoming a wyvern would be a downgrade, since it's already a dragon.
    (0)

Player
    Dragon - a mythical monster usually represented as breathing fire and having a scaly reptilian body, wings, claws, and a long tail. In some cases it can use magic and they are traditionally highly intelligent.
    Wyvern - Similar to dragons, but smaller, not as intelligent(more animalistic) and never can use magic.
    Wyrm - Similar to Wyverns, but have no forearms, are more aggressive and much more serpentine in features.

hope this clears things up :3
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    A dragon has wings separate from arms, giving it 6 apendages. Wyverns are like bats, their arms and wings are one and the same. A wyrm is an old dragon.

All of that aside, the entities depicted are a completely different animal from what tha JA calls out.
    (1)

Player
    I always figured a wyvern develops in a similar way as a frog, except you know, baby wyverns actually have some similarities with adult wyverns compared to tadpoles and frogs; the wyverns ears being the obvious example, their wing/neck structure being another. The only real similarity to a wyrm is in the number of limbs; two of them drop off during development, problem solved.
    (0)

I just mess with .dats when I get bored of the wyvern
    (1)

Character
    Dabackpack
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Would rather see more survivability options for the wyvern, frankly. My wyvern does not last long at all in Voidwatch, even with Steady Wing/Protect/Shell, and the Temp. items for restoring pet HP. I think the wyvern mechanics are good the way they are aside from that.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
    Would rather see more survivability options for the wyvern, frankly. My wyvern does not last long at all in Voidwatch, even with Steady Wing/Protect/Shell, and the Temp. items for restoring pet HP. I think the wyvern mechanics are good the way they are aside from that.
    That's why I never take her out in VW unless I have to. Then the brds never listen and she dies. ; ;
    (0)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    mine lives 1/4 of the time. just gotta hope its HP drops pretty low without dying before you use steady wing and cure it. after that I guess its just luck of aoe spam. Either way I have found that blm is the fun job for VW.
    (0)

Character
    Masamunesky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordecora View Post
    Azure-wyvern : mage-type

Earthen wyvern: Melee-type
    i would like some kind of customization, after all that is what makes an rpg. all dragoons have blue wyverns(would be nice at a minimum to be able to change its color to be a lil more unique, another idea with it whatever color the wyvern is the empy gear should chameleon to it *wink*)
    (3)

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The only upgrade I need to our wyverns is a "stay" command. Even with the new Steady Wing command my wyvern still goes down way too fast on the higher tier VwNM's. A stay command to keep our wyverns off the front line if battle would be great.

Another idea would be to give them some sort of aura for strategic placement. Possibly some new breaths to restore MP or to reduce enmity. These would only be usable after the wyvern has been placed in "stay" mode. This would still maintain the wyverns usefulness in battle and should also help maintain balance.
    (1)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast