Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    KF, keep up the good work. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Auredant View Post
    This has been the only thread I've seen that actually would contribute to the game. Everything else I've seen is either a whine or flamefest. Usually both.
    You should try and read more threads then.
    (0)

Character
    Facticious
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Can we move this thread to the new game play section under other? I second Auredant that this thread is by far the most constructive one that will contribute to the game.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    I think this is well thought out and presented very well! I actually read through the whole topic (it took ages!) and I think it's awesome that so many people support this and were giving ideas as well. I think it would make it a lot more fun to skill up, especially if it is set up in a mini-game style. Sure we all can skill up the old, tedious, boring way, but why is it when you think of a way to make something more fun (and it really could be challenging in it's own way) it's a bad idea according to some people?
    Anyways I support it and I think it would be a great addition to 11. Also I have to say I loved your illustrations! I like that they were quick and loose looking, good job! (Do you use a tablet by any chance? and what program did you use?)
    --------
    /kneel Thank you for the support and compliments ^^/ I have to commend anyone that has the patience to read through this many post ^^; so Grats on making it to the end!! lol I've become pretty attached to the idea at this point, and must see it fully fleshed out at least for the sake of all the very cool folks that have taken the time to show their support. At that point, I'll have to leave it in the hands of the Dev Team to decide if it's worthy to be invested in.

@my illustrations: Thanks again, and yeah, I use a little Bamboo Wacom tablet and Photoshop to wip up the quick sketch concepts for everything around here It helps cut down the time it takes to get thoughts out and share them.

/salute
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    KF, keep up the good work. ^^
    You should try and read more threads then.
    So far...except this one...here's a summary of the threads i've read or skimmed.
    Abbyssea sux...go back and level grind...Abbyssea great....character creation to 90 in 1 sitting...YES!
    Relics bad...go away!...Your jealous cuz u dont have 1...your jealous cuz urs is obsolete!
    Why doesn't the director of FFXI talk to us....WHYYYYYYY! boo hoo...sniffle sniffle
    I've been playing for years...stuff is hard...make it easy 4 me! oh...you did? hmmmm....WANT MOAR EASY!!!!!

then ya have the light-hearted posts, which, while pretty funny 4 the most part....not exactly offering anything useful.
    Still a welcome break from the whinefest.

Ugh, can't wait till friday
    (0)

Character
    Harpalina
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    --------
    /kneel Thank you for the support and compliments ^^/ I have to commend anyone that has the patience to read through this many post ^^; so Grats on making it to the end!!
    This is the only thread I've followed since day one of the posting that lasted 32 pages of comments lol.

So far...except this one...here's a summary of the threads i've read or skimmed.
    Abbyssea sux...go back and level grind...Abbyssea great....character creation to 90 in 1 sitting...YES!
    Relics bad...go away!...Your jealous cuz u dont have 1...your jealous cuz urs is obsolete!
    Why doesn't the director of FFXI talk to us....WHYYYYYYY! boo hoo...sniffle sniffle
    I've been playing for years...stuff is hard...make it easy 4 me! oh...you did? hmmmm....WANT MOAR EASY!!!!!
    ^ {True Strike}
    (0)
    Character: Harpalina, Rank 10 Windurstian
    Server: Valefor, formerly from Kujata.
    Jobs: WHM/BLM/RDM/BRD/WAR/DRK/DRG-90
    BST-85 PLD-69 MNK-55 (Retired) BLU-50 [THF/SAM/NIN/DNC/SCH-49]
    Defeated Maat as: WHM/WAR/BLM-Maybe one day I'll go for Maat's Cap...
    Crafts: Alchemy-81 Cooking/Woodworking-60

Character
    Ozaro
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    --------
    I had to see how it would look!! ><; >Wooden GA vs Wooden Scythe<
    lol nice...
    (0)

Character
    Ozaro
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70

then ya have the light-hearted posts, which, while pretty funny 4 the most part....not exactly offering anything useful.

Lmao! truly the forum at a glance
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    no worries man, you've done the heavy lifting on this stuff!
    as to the training gear tho', I think you missed part of what I was going towards. When you go into the gym, you use the gym's equipment for alot of stuff (either you just get it walking in, or you have a special locker just at the gym to hold your work-out gear so you don't have to hold yet another set of stuff in your regular storage for each job). Sort of like noone expects you to come to the gym and bring your own heavy bag if you get my meaning.
    If they decide to go with the more military training option, the "Obstacle"-i'm sorry-"Confidence Course" could be used, plus heavy bags, "rifle range" and the simulator are all viable. Yes, i know it's a pseudo-mideval game but we have helicopter ships and ships with (it looks like) steam engines, and even robots (Automatons anyone?), so specialized golems and the like are certainly not out of the question.
    Oh, don't know if you mentioned it, but any PvP needs to have some type of auto level sync. I think you addressed it already, but it's alot of posts to dig through to check.
    ----------
    Nah, I think I follow you in regards to the Gym Gear ^^/ It would very much behoove Folks to suit up in such types of equipment should they be coming for Self Improvement regimens of any kind. And the concept of having a "Storage Npc" hold the sets is the icing on the cake! lol Players with multiple jobs that have to skill up everything from Melee, to Magic, to Ranged, to Blocking, and more would end up with like 4-5+ Gear Set receipt slips, but it would be a super great help to ease Player storage.

Yeah it would be awesome to have all kinds of skill up mobs that follow suit with type of regimen choice selected. I've thought of how the RNG regimens would look, and it would be cool to see Cardians with nice Big Targets stuck to their chest lol... /points >>RNG regimen<<

Nope, I never addressed the auto sync functionality... but I almost wouldn't want lvl sync involved in the PvP system I'm proposing, to be honest. It could very well prove to be an invaluable educating experience for Players to be able to set up matches that have lvl 90+ vs lvl 30s~. Even in the "Official" version option of >my proposed PvP system<, having 6k HP wouldn't really help a low lvl player survive that long against a high lvl Player. I would still opt for ultimate "choice" in regards to the PvP system, so people could build their own experiences whether balanced or not. You never know, being able to wipe 5 low lvl players in one swipe could be a blast lol ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-24-2011 at 01:11 PM.

can we has locker rooms? complete with the illustrations for sweaty, stinky sox?! lol (Galka Sweat Sox for Taru sleeping bags <gasp>)!
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    ----------
    /kneel ^^; This statement is like being nominated for an award for "Most Followed Thread" lol I'm incredibly humbled that this is the case in the midst of all of us starving for FFXI to come back! I almost feel guilty for not adding more illustrations @_@; Thanks for following the thread though /salute
    Don't even know what I'll do once servers are up, but I'm sure I'll remember... I think I logged out inside Abyssea while skilling up Scythe >.< *doh* didn't realize it would be down so long ^^; lol
    (0)

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast