Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Kuryomi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    maybe have been mentioned befor and im not sure where to post it but maybe someone will read this and post it more appropiatly.

drk needs the spells that appose holy 1 and holy 2, such as demi 1 and demi 2 or bring Gavija back from the older ff games!
    i like Demi better though, a darkness based nuke with the same casting time and either same damage or greater damage then the holy spells

also maybe a ability that apposes souleater, but uses mp instead. either consumes mp like souleater does hp or just dumps your mp onto your next attack. something along those lines would give entropy greater use for a drk rather then sticking them strictly to reso for dmg.

just some thoughts plz post em in a more apropiate place is ya know of one
    (1)
    Last edited by Kury; 02-29-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Character
    Hatfield
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It was mentioned but id love to see abs-mdt, ptd, and speed spells introduced. A version of holy for dark magic would be cool too, since that generally is a fast cast. Personally i would rather see SE add a way for us to use our mp to increase our physical dmg. If i wanna nuke there are jobs more suited. Give me selfbuffs or even debuffs worth casting or dont bother.
    (2)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    What do i want? i want zombies. In the words of good old george carlin, "Where the F*** are all the zombies!"
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    It was mentioned but id love to see abs-mdt, ptd, and speed spells introduced. A version of holy for dark magic would be cool too, since that generally is a fast cast. Personally i would rather see SE add a way for us to use our mp to increase our physical dmg. If i wanna nuke there are jobs more suited. Give me selfbuffs or even debuffs worth casting or dont bother.
    Selfbuffs.... with no enhancing skill.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Dark Magic or DRK magic spells as a whole?

DRK should definitely have it's own version of Fast Cast/Elemental Celerity. Could be called Quickened Shadows, a trait that increases castingn speed based on your dark magic skill without affecting recast timers.

An alternative would be to make all Dark Magic native to Dark Knight have Stun's casting time.

------

If you were talking DRK spells as a whole, then my suggestion would be revamp the elemental nukes to work as follows:

Job Trait
    Arcane Ruin: Changes your elemental magic spells to short cast, low damage enfeebles that boost Absorb spells.

Tier I spells take one second to cast. Tier II spells take 1.5 seconds to cast. Tier III spells take 2 seconds to cast. Each spell would deal 10% of the maximum damage it would normally do and inflicts the target with the debuff <Element> Ruin that takes effect so long as the elemental spell does damage. Each elemental spell makes its corresponding absorb spell unresistable and boosts the amount of the stat absorbed. Ruin I would boost it by 25%. Ruin 2 would boost it by 50%. Ruin III would boost it by 75%.

Example:

Casting Fire III on a mob gives that mob Fire Ruin III. The DRK follows this with Absorb-STR. The amount of STR drained via Absorb-STR is boosted by 75% while consuming the Ruin III effect.

-----

On the topic of stun, Stun II wouldn't do much for us outside of being something else to stun with when stun and weapon bash are on cooldown. I just think the devs should focus on making what we currently have actually work in our favor before adding anything new.
    (2)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Selfbuffs.... with no enhancing skill.
    We have a couple self buffs. They are dark magic skill. Kinda like how blu self buffs don't require enhancing skill either. Smn, same deal. Was never a rule written that said all buffs have to be enhancing magic, even if most are.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Finuve View Post
    DRK magic, what do we really want?
    As a final spell, drks should get death, but that wont happen.
    Instead they should be given Contagion.
    (3)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    As a final spell, drks should get death, but that wont happen.
    Instead they should be given Contagion.
    This.
    A hundred times.
    I want to give anymob i see the status effects i have so they know my pain D:<

But really... This.
    (0)

Player
    on the job bio pages on the wiki, it says that DRKs have black magic that is used to torment our enemies http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category%3AJobs

Annoy does not equal torment in the least. Plz fix SE
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    What ever happen to revamping our 2hr, SE promised in the 1st quarter of 2012 the where going to revamp or give drk a new 2hr along with several other jobs. They even hinted at these new 2hrs being unlocked though merits, where is all this stuff they promised? is it even in the works??
    (1)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast