Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think the biggest area where the wait times is a problem is in some of the Assault promotion quests. This is only a wait until next game day (so a maximum of 1 hour instead of 1 day), but it can still be VERY frustrating. I'm thinking here especially of Promotion: Sergeant Major, Promotion: Second Lieutenant, and Promotion: First Lietenant. These quests require you to play some puzzle minigames and wait until next Vanadiel day if you fail. The minigames are a bit of a brain teaser and can be tough to figure out, but they'd be a lot better if you could just retry instantly in the event of failure. As it is now, people just force a disconnect during the minigame to reset so that they won't have to wait.

A lot of people are talking about a wait between cutscenes in mission lines. I think that's a good idea, but maybe not as critical because it's a thing you will do once in your life and never again. It can and often is a problem when you're doing missions with a static group and someone forgets to do cutscenes until the last minute and no matter how hard he tries can't catch up with you in time for a planned run at the BCNM fight for that mission.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    If you guys could provide for us specific examples of where you have (or are) being inconvenienced by wait times, we can put those on the top of the list to be removed first.
    Every single JP midnight delay. Every. Single. One.

Get rid of them. All of them. No exceptions.
    (2)

Character
    Wulfshadow
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The wait times for campaign promotions
    ToAU Missions
    Relic af2+1
    af+1
    Limbus
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Every single JP midnight delay. Every. Single. One.

Get rid of them. All of them. No exceptions.
    Did you maybe miss the part of the post where he explicitly said that it would take time because these things have to be recoded individually? He asked for specific higher priority examples for a reason.
    (1)

Character
    Evandis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I hate the one's in the original AF missions. The gear is now used strictly for level cap stuff like BCNMs and shouldn't become a 3 day affair.
    (0)

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Oh, biggest annoyance wait for me? The recharge on Exp Rings once per Conquest. Levelling low level jobs is tedious enough that the bonus from an Exp Ring really helps.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    You could always buy all your currency and then start the upgrade process. Why is now any different...? I did the exact same thing as you like 5 years ago.

Pro-tip: upgrade the relic weapon as soon as you get it.
    Now isn't any different from 5 years ago. Except how many people do you know farmed all drops for turn in and buy all currency in one week? I don't think it was possible back then. Especially when you only had Dynamis twice a week you could do. And you needed bare min 3 trips to get all Dynamis drops assuming you were gifted with them over everyone else and not that one person who funded Dynamis shells to fill your pocket with relic weapons. You can have all the gil in the world but supply and demand can stop you dead in your tracks. It's simply not a problem anymore. If we're talking strictly conceiving your idea of going after a relic on day 1 and being done with it on day 11, then yeah it is very different from 5 years ago in most all situations, if not every single one. I won't proclaim to know the truth but I doubt a single soul pulled it off like I am today without farming everything they needed weeks or months in advance to then start the upgrade process and finish in a week and half. Even then why wouldn't they have started to do the upgrades before they were done farming? Might as well while you wait to finish collecting items to finish. Even I did that and finished mere days after starting turn ins.

I'm personally not gung ho over it but if they're going to ask for suggestions on what to axe on wait time then I am suggesting Switchstix and any older quest NPC like it since everyone else already has everything else covered for suggestions. I would not complain if I had a few days less waiting time on my future aegis. Just as long as it doesn't become, oh look you handed me your items and I conveniently forged your next stage in the 1 second it took you to give me said items. I'm done here. You can go find your ??? now. See ya.

I don't suspect they'll touch Switchstix, though. They do have better things to do or better have better things to do, dammit. But if they needed a reason to look at it, well, here it is.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Elanabelle
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Get rid of wait times for:

Anything to do with AF/AF+1/AF2+1
    Anything in-between Missions for CoP/ToAU/WotG
    Anything in-between key Quests (in a series), such as Assault Rank upgrades.
    Anything involving Quests to acquire useable/sell-able Scrolls (Teleport-Yhoat, etc.)

Would also like to see S-E reduce the "cooldown" timer for Limbus re-entry to 24 hours. And eliminate the "daily cap" on trading Soulplates to the NPC for Zeni.

There's probably more, but that's what I can think of right now.
    (0)

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I can't believe I forgot this even though I've been doing it weekly...get rid of the 5 day wait between Campaign Evaluations!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hello everyone!

The dev. team is looking into removing the wait time restrictions for older missions and events. However, we won't be able to remove them all at once since there are such a large amount of them and each of these event scenes being created differently.

If you guys could provide for us specific examples of where you have (or are) being inconvenienced by wait times, we can put those on the top of the list to be removed first.
    ToAU Missions
    Getting Automaton/Puppetmaster Stuff (Same for all AF for ToAU Jobs)

Are the ones i can think of off the top of my head, and even made a thread about... months ago.
    (1)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast