Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Quick Bst Dyna Question

Hello!

I was wondering, what is everything that is involved with farming currency solo on beast? I have not played beast very long, so I'm still new to a few of the options. A few questions I have are;

What type of pet do I need to bring into dyna for solo farm?
    How much food should I bring for my pet?
    What merits are needed mostly for soloing dyna?

If you could give me a few answers and any tips, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Don't think there's much to it. The mobs are somewhere around level 92-97 or so. So it's like killing high-end Easy Prey and Decent Challenge mobs. I usually use DipperYuly because he's got THF job. But I never actually farm for currency. During my ventures, it's always been in search of Relic armor.

Not really restricted to BST though. I solo in there as MNK\DNC too.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Tried to farm CoP dynamis-valk on BST/DNC only once and it's been a huge failure; what I was wondering is what you do with TE stones? They're a bit harder to get, typically, than the static ones in City/Beau/Xarc zones. They roam a lot and are usually surrounded by hordes of monsters.

Do you try to clean the area if there's just one/two mobs around? Do you just move around waiting for a stone to be in a good position to be pulled/killed?
    You can't really kill them in 2 seconds (mobs turned etc) unless you have TP stored, and sometimes waiting for the right positioning you just waste so much time moving around wasting powders/oils and seeing your mobs pulled by others who refused to team up with you just for the TE kills.

The rest of the farming looks very very easy to me, it's just getting TEs efficiently that's making me wonder how to do it right.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Did tav 3-4x in the last few weeks to get the clear out of the way (wasn't solo btw). BST/DNC is like a cheat for almost all but 1 TE in there (you have to go through Taurus to get to the last TE). I brought along Falcorr and just sneak/inv next to the TE and have pet slap it down while you just move on to the next TE. It's sickening that you actually dont even lose sneak/inv when you do this. Not sure if this is a glitch/bug or just was there forever (I've never used BST to sneak/inv and just send off Fight command back in the days when I actually played BST so not sure if it was always there or not. But I know that SMN would lose inv when you command it to fight.). With /DNC, you can proc JA most of the time (you just need to look up the time-mob trig from the BG wiki to know what mobs to go after).
    (0)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    always been like this with fight command
    (0)

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Tried to farm CoP dynamis-valk on BST/DNC only once and it's been a huge failure; what I was wondering is what you do with TE stones? They're a bit harder to get, typically, than the static ones in City/Beau/Xarc zones. They roam a lot and are usually surrounded by hordes of monsters.

Do you try to clean the area if there's just one/two mobs around? Do you just move around waiting for a stone to be in a good position to be pulled/killed?
    You can't really kill them in 2 seconds (mobs turned etc) unless you have TP stored, and sometimes waiting for the right positioning you just waste so much time moving around wasting powders/oils and seeing your mobs pulled by others who refused to team up with you just for the TE kills.

The rest of the farming looks very very easy to me, it's just getting TEs efficiently that's making me wonder how to do it right.
    I personally do not clear mobs before sending in my pet to kill the. TE. There is some waiting for a good pull but when they're in the middle of a pack of mobs sometimes that's just not possible. Often, you just have to send in the pet and hope it can get the job done fast. That said, what jug are you using? Dipper isn't the jug to use for sniping TEs. I use Gorefang or Shasra (mostly because I have movement speed boots and it drives me when nuts when my pets lag behind while hunting TEs). Gorefang and Shara do hit hard, taking out huge chunks of of the statue's hp per swipe. Most times they get the job done while other mobs backs are turned. If I get links, I get my hands dirty and finish the TE off myself, then beat a strategic retreat.

Sometimes it's just about luck but getting TEs done fast requires agression on your part and willing to spend money on oils/powders/pets.

It just might be to use dd pets while doing TEs and then dipper for farming. That's what I do and sometimes there will be days I get links and have to call more pets but most days I'm honestly done in 5-10 mins.

Also takes practice to get a real feel about what pulls are gonna be safe and one's that will turn into clusterf**ks. Keep at it!
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Guess it takes practice and yeah, I was using Dipper Yuly.
    If a mob links a statue and your pet dies it should come for you right? Unless you're very far away (like 150+ yalms I guess?)

Thanks for the encouragement though, I tend to get discouraged very easily by my several failures ^^'
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.