Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Excalibur + RDM = ???

I haven't looked this up in forever so I figured I would ask. Is there any legitimate reason you would want an Excalibur if you already have an Almace?

To my knowledge:
    • CDC > KOR
    • Enspells override the additional damage so you'll never see it proc if you have Enspells on
    • Excalibur doesn't do anything past it's DPS if it is in your offhand. (The +attack is going away soon.)
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Nope, Excal was never anything special to a RDM. Other then KoTR > Savage (back before DB) and Excal being a good sword for DB spam (before CDC existed). In all honestly Almace + CDC + Gain-STR/DEX + Temper is just ~that~ good (relatively speaking).

Only relic a RDM should be worried about is Mandau, as even if the attributes are taken away, it's DMG / Delay is beyond amazing.
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    About the only reason for using Excal over Almace is if you are in a situation where there is an Amnesia aura or it is beneficial to use Requiescate over CDC due to it's special properties (ignoring defense attributes similar to twilight scythe). And if you're going to offhand any relic, the best choice is Mandau due to the high base dmg and low delay. This is subject to if you think it is worth using over a str/att ToM sword though.
    (0)

Player
    Back at 95 assuming the attack worked in offhand it would have been, currently 95 Mandau offhand is about on par with Str Shikargar.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I keep eyeing Ephemeron as an offhand and thinking if Enspell 2s are worth it. Any idea what the proc rate on the TP Drain is? I want to believe it is the TP Draining Enspell some of us are looking for, but I try not to get my hopes up.

The Haste is decent enough to change some of your TP gear around and the AGI+TP drain works for TP feed and some extra evasion.

I feel bad COR isn't on this sword. It would really be handy.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I would like that sword only because it would give me more leeway with gear slot choices. I'm pretty much forced to chose certain pieces to reach 25% haste.
    (0)