Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: To the devs!

Player
    If I didn't have to butcher my merits for VW I'd have kept 5/5 Phalanx II, it's better than bio/blind/Para2 above 1 imo. It's tied to Phalanx 1 at 5/5 but loses at every tier under 5/5, that isn't right for a Tier 2 merit compared to a spell you get at level 33. If it's going to be that terrible, turn them all into scrolls and give us better merit categories.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 01-21-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Break's a nice option and can also be used with Manifestation. Tho it's duration blow's and doesn't work the way a Petrify spell should. You'll never gain enough enmity to put you into trouble if some one attacks one of the mob's while under it.
    Meh, Break's duration is fine. It wears off right as the recast timer ends. It could be worse...
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    True, I just wish them damn spell work right.
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    It's the natural consequence of having two starving lions in a den and only throwing in a scrap of bone once or twice a year.

Keep the lions fed and they won't give a damn about each other.
    Favorite thing you've ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mageoholic View Post
    Our melee has always been mediocre at best, exactly where it belongs, until Single handed DD's can gear swap into 900+ DMG nuking sets, or 600HP healing sets it shall always be right where it belongs.
    Umm... why is this hard again? It's just macro gear you have to put together for RDM....just like everything else on the job. You want to be good at X you better get X gear because we suck at pretty much everything innately.
    (1)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 01-21-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Umm... why is this hard again? It's just macro gear you have to put together for RDM....just like everything else on the job. You want to be good at X you better get X gear because we suck at pretty much everything innately.
    I think he's was refering to actually DD job's being able to swap into nuke gear or healing "WAR,DRK,DRG" Not RDM swapping into those gear set's.
    (0)

Character
    Tripphacker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I've noticed that there's a couple of people out there that seem to think you're a troll when you disagree with them. On a side note... who the hell is RCD? I mean, what does it stand for?

I do have to say that I do enjoy how each side takes it to the extreme... It makes me lol.

"HUH WUT U WANT MOR MAGEY STUFF? WELL IM SORY THAT U DNT HAVE EVERY MAGE EQUIPMENT IN THE GAME, OR EVERY MAGE SPELL IN THE GAME. OUR MAGIC IS FINE JUST TEH WAY IT ESS. WE CAN OUTPOWER BLMS AND MAKE BLUS LOOK LIKE WHM WHEN IT COMES TO NUKEZ, LULZ. CURING POWRZ WHO NEEDZ A WHM LULZ, WE CAN HIT THE 150% CURE CAP."
    (Yes, that is how you come across to others. I know it's a 50% Cure Cap. Just pointing out how it's coming across as.)

Then there's the other side of the spectrum.
    "HUHZ U WANT 2 HIT LIKE A WARRIOR WITH ALL YOUR TP GEAR AND MELEE THINGS?! Y U NO LEVEL WARRIOZ THEN AND LEAVE US WITH OUR MAGE THINGS. WHO CURZ IF U HAS AN ALAMCE. Y U NO GO UKKOS A MOB ON RDM HUHHUH?"
    (Again, this is how each side views each other basically, probably a little less intelligent than how I posted it.)

Be more civil with each other. This is like a bad marriage. That means knock it off with the blisting. It's not cute, it doesn't prove anything if anything you just end up making the other guy feel like he's/she's right in what they said. You're man enough to claim this, then be man enough to pull through with it. You can't simply just be "oh well u disagree wit me u must be troll D:< i blist u". At this point, I'm just waiting to get blisted for simply saying "Sup?"

In short, if someone disagrees with you, it's not trolling, perhaps they may not know better and they're going by eyeballing. Hence it's up to you to prove otherwise, and remember, just like yourself if you're going around blisting people on a whim, they may not be fast learners, but they will understand eventually.

As for gears which is primarily a big thing now a days specifically. Remember just because you're lucky enough to have an LS that's willing to put up with your crap to get you an Almace for Red Mage, it doesn't mean that the rest of us have something like that. No, it's not having it handed to us, before someone goes about "OH U WANT IT HANDED 2 U HUHZ? I HAD TO WORK A WHOLE DAY TO GET MY ALMACE, IF I CANZ DO IT U CANZ 2 O THE HORROR OF HAVING TO SIT BACK AND KEY WHILE THE ALLIANCE DOES EVERYTHING." I don't care if you duo'd it, trio'd it, allianced it, flew it in on a truck. Point remains, not all of us are that lucky to have a partner, or duo box, or have an LS to help us when we feel like going on a whim. If only, right?

However, there are a few people who have actually proven things correctly without looking like the other side is taking it to the extreme. (View examples above.) So the question is this, which one are you?

(Also, lol @ the people who are going to blist me after this.) I can just see a few of you with your monocles and your jaw drapping and speaking out "MY WORD, THIS FELLOW REALLY RUFFLES MY JIMMIES."

Conclusion. Ya'll need marriage counselling.

Stay away from dem fractals ya'll.
    (2)
    BRD/RNG paving the way since lolrdm can't have lolcurev because lolwhm/drg would cry itself to sleep each night.

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Only the Dev's can save us from raging over one another.

We need Susan Sarandon to come in a a do a psa for us. Before we all Troll ourselves to death
    (2)

Character
    Tripphacker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Despite it looking very trollish, very trollish indeed. I'm not actually trolling that much I can tell you. I'm just putting it in that sense because that's how everyone else's remarks look like to me. Some sort of pissing contest between mage and melee.

Although, I honestly do believe that some people need to research what troll/trolling actually means. I think some just go to google and click on images and type in troll. So they imagine Shrek on the other side of the computer.

Although, I know after posting that, I definitely will get blisted, just because it would be against people's ethics to not blist someone who points things out, or disagrees with them. It's the easy way out button to be honest. "Don't want to confront your problems? Black list them. Someone disagree with you? Black list them. Detect sarcasm in their text? Black list them." The list goes on. I'm not stating names, but there are some major offenders.

All you do when you blist is, you show that you're an elitist, that's all there is to it.
    "You disagree with my point, you're obviously a horrible player, I am better than you." Is all that gets stamped on your forehead.

When I say find a common ground, I don't mean something as vague as "We need buffs that's our common ground." I mean be specific, find something that we can all agree on that needs to be buffed. That's what we should do, we find one common ground that needs to be buffed and we go from there.

Melee is decent as it is, sure we just need one TP body, but is that it? I mean, you're neglecting everything else for just a TP body? That it? When resources can be placed in other parts of Red Mage that truly need them? Yes, I agree that we need more sword weapon skills. This is what it just seems like the melee enthusiasts are fighting about. What you want your epeenmace to dispense brews that can be used inside and outside of abyssea?

Remember this, you're a Red Mage. You're a mage first and foremost. You're not a Warrior, you're not a Samurai. You're a Mage first and foremost. Yes, you can melee, but not as efficiently as other jobs.
    Blue Mages can use swords, and they can fight, yashure. Your point? None, because they deal the majority of their damage via Blue magic. Don't expect to see a Blue Mage pull out a 7K WS, expect it with their magic.

I'm not against a bit of a melee boost for Red Mage, however with that in mind remember we're mages first, and everything else second. I understand that for either side that gets boosted, the other side needs a boost as well to comply with both spectrums. However, put this into consideration, how would you feel as another job if you saw a whole update to just Red Mage?
    "This update we're going to focus mainly on Red Mage. We're giving you native Vorpal Blade, several TP bodies, several pieces of equipment that you can focus on either spectrum of the job. To the mage spectrum we're going to add these spells; <insert x amount of spells here.>" Imagine how salty the other jobs would feel? Specially since we just finally got rid of most of the White Mages that came here and objected to us getting Cure V, because they feel as if suddenly the world would shatter if that were to occur.

Yeah, I get it... It's occurring to us right now. However, we don't know what SE is planning or what they're going to do. How salty do you think a Warrior would feel if suddenly we ranked them in damage? Pretty damn salty. ( I know that some of you are going to state "But we don't want to be as strong as Warrior, we just want a small boost.") Well, it doesn't work that way, and small boost that we get, we'll have an outcry from several jobs that we're overpowered and that suddenly their seat has been nabbed from under them. Kind of how we feel right now.

I'm not saying let's place trust in SE, because as we've seen time and time again they're made fools of us all.
    I'm just saying let's get under one banner that we all desire to see fixed and propose that. While it will go unheard for a while, eventually the devs will realize "Well, they're not being childish anymore." We need one thing to be fixed, and then we can continue with the rest. That's what I mean by find a common ground.
    (0)
    BRD/RNG paving the way since lolrdm can't have lolcurev because lolwhm/drg would cry itself to sleep each night.

Character
    Tripphacker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd make a suggestion, but I'm sure that it would be either taken out of context, or simply disagree'd upon. I'd say let's choose someone to be the Red Mage representative. One that can convey the thoughts to the Devs. So that it gets heard loud and clear. However, it's tedious and annoying and possibly a lot of work, and not to mention who here doesn't really have a secret agenda as to what they want Red Mage to be? We need someone who'll look out for the best interest for Red Mage all around, and not one that'll just simply focus on one aspect because they do it on their down time. There's obviously something else I want to say. (As you've all gathered, I don't really make one liner posts.) However, that's just taking it to a personal level.
    (0)

Remember this, you're a Red Mage. You're a mage first and foremost. You're not a Warrior, you're not a Samurai. You're a Mage first and foremost. Yes, you can melee, but not as efficiently as other jobs.
    Blue Mages can use swords, and they can fight, yashure. Your point? None, because they deal the majority of their damage via Blue magic. Don't expect to see a Blue Mage pull out a 7K WS, expect it with their magic.
    Hate to nit pick but isn't this the kind of spiel you just blasted myself and Saev for?

Its funny you brought blue mage up though since we were discussing job relevance lets examine BLU in comparison to RDM.

- Cure V
    - Refresh
    - Haste
    - Aspir
    - Drain
    - AoE Nukes (physical and magical damage)
    - Single Target Nukes (physical and magic damage)
    - stoneskin
    - blink
    - many stuns
    - slow
    - paralyze
    - silence
    - more
    - various traits from MAB to DA, DW to Refresh pretty much anything and everything.
    - EX sword WS's
    (can AoE a spell natively every 10 minutes)
    - Self Skilchain/MB

Now they can't set all of these at the same time, unlike RDM. But they do have a generous timer of 1 minute. That is a complete customizable diversity, every BLU can be different.

RDM functions in the same way but instead of spells we rely on subjobs, we make our selves unique in the sense of our subjob defining us. Unfortunately it takes more than a minute to change our primary focus in most cases (warping or getting D2/ D.Warp). We are either locked into support or locked into offense. (our support side is pretty shit at the moment, our offensive side is pretty decent however).

So really BLU is a lot more versatile, and probably the saddest part, they are better healers, nukers. While RDM is the better native enhancer and melee (read melee damage not BLU spells mrs semantics). Both are about even in enfeebling consider slow and para are mostly useless no matter who puts them on. BLU might edge out just because they have the stuns too.
    (0)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast