Character
    Medli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Questions about Elemental Gorget+Belt

I've been in the dark about this for awhile, and after looking around for solid/easy to understand information I can't seem to find any answers, so I turn to here.

For any specific weaponskill, it usually has two or more aligned elements. For example, Blade: Hi is listed as aligned with Shadow + Soil Gorget. My question is this: if I have a Shadow Gorget, does Shadow Belt then work alongside it? Or am I supposed to get the other element to match for the belt? Only reason I ask is I see some people posting their ws macro gear and they have different element gorget + belt. If I've been doing it wrong for this long, oh well... but I'm curious as to what the answer is.

On a further note, is there an good cheat sheet out there listing each ws's alignments? Every wiki I seem to look at has differently paced updates, with some ws's being up-to-date and others unlisted still. Alternatively, how do you determine the elements? Is it a specific element for each skillchain property?

Thank you for your time!
    (1)
    ara ara

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Belts are the same as teh gorgets and work in tandem.
    As for a list, I've always just asked someone what gorget works.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The Gorgets / Belts are easy to understand. They work off SC properties.

Each WS has A / B and sometimes C SC properties, the elements of those properties will determine which gorgets work for them. The only time this isn't true is if a Level 3 Light / Darkness is one of the properties, in which case the WS may or may not use the four properties attached to the L3.

Reference here for a list of A / B / C properties
    Or for a list of WS's then go here

EX:
    Vorpal Blade
    A: Scission (Earth)
    B: Impaction (Thunder)

This means it will work with Earth and Thunder Gorget / Belt.

If a WS has a L2 property then it use's both from that property.

EX:
    Death Blossom
    A: Fragmentation (Wind & Thunder)
    B: Distortion (Water & Ice)

This would use Wind, Thunder, Water or Ice gorgets.

And if the WS has a L3 property, it may or may not use all four from that property. The Relic WS's don't use them but some people have reported that the Emperian's do.

EX:
    Knight of Round
    A: Light (Light & Fire & Wind & Thunder)
    B: Fusion (Light & Fire)

Works with Light and Fire gorgets but not Wind and Thunder.

Also a note on a big confusion between light, dark and transfixion, compression. Light and Darkness are the Level 3 SC's that each contain four elements, Light being (Light, Fire, Wind, Thunder) and Darkness being (Darkness, Earth, Water, Ice). The Level 1 SC Transfixion deals light damage and is aligned with Light gorget, the Level 1 SC Compression deals darkness damage and is aligned with Shadow gorget. The L2 SC Fusion deals Fire and Light damage and is aligned with both Light and Flame gorgets. The L2 SC Gravitation deals Darkness and Earth damage and is aligned with both Shadow and Soil gorgets. From everything I've seen with CDC, even though it's properties are A: Light B: Distortion none of the L3 Light gorgets work with it (Flame, Breeze, Thunder, Light) and only the two Distortion gorgets work (Aqua, Snow). Basically "L3 Light" is not the same as the L1 transfixion that the light gorget works with.
    (1)

Character
    Medli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Thanks for the responses guys, answered my questions ^^b
    (1)
    ara ara

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Basically "L3 Light" is not the same as the L1 transfixion that the light gorget works with.
    The way I see it, L3 Light and Dark are complements, not elements. They complement an L2 to create L3, but L3 > L3 does not work because the first L3 isn't primed to either one of the L2s. So belts/gorgets have no effect on them, since L3 doesn't have a proper L1 or L2 that they can match.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    The way I see it, L3 Light and Dark are complements, not elements. They complement an L2 to create L3, but L3 > L3 does not work because the first L3 isn't primed to either one of the L2s. So belts/gorgets have no effect on them, since L3 doesn't have a proper L1 or L2 that they can match.
    That sounds cool in theory, but that's not how the game actually treats the WS. It's as simple as WS's have multiple SC properties and the belts / gorgets are aligned to their single property. The L3's don't match up with anything from everything I've seen, their special.
    (0)