Thread: Divine Caress

Character
    Stani
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Divine Caress

When I'm on WHM, I can't see when a Divine Caress effect I put on someone else gets activated and nullifies the incoming status effect. I don't think that's what should happen, if the point is to save WHMs repeated status removal spells, we should be aware of when it worked.
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Probably have a filter on. Should show on 'Actions evaded by party members'.
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't recall offhand exactly what that filter does, but I imagine that it doesn't register status effect resists from either TP moves that deal damage with status effects, or TP moves that apply multiple effects? Personally I feel that these are the situations that it's actually important to register resists on, as straight "paralyga" type spells or moves already explicitly state whether the status lands on someone or not.

The log is woefully inadequate when it comes to statuses in general, really. This problem has been around for ages when it comes to barspells - if I put barfira and barvira up to block the Plague additional effect from Plague Swipe, to pick a random example, I'm still going to have to Viruna everyone anyway. If SE could change this:

Monster uses Plague Swipe
    Player takes 200 damage.

To this:

Monster uses Plague Swipe
    Player1 takes 200 damage and is afflicted with Bio, Plague.
    Player2 takes 253 damage and is afflicted with Bio.
    Player3 takes 103 damage and is afflicted with Bio, Plague.

then we could actually act intelligently rather than wasting precious time spamming -na on everyone who's taken damage, and blocking status effects would actually be worth it, using Divine Caress or barspells. These new messages would also not be blocked by the "party damage taken" filters, being categorised under "special effects" or whatever enfeebles are for the purposes of both text colouration and filters. This would also let us have things like this:

Monster's spikes deal 25 damage to Player. Additonal effect: paralysis

that would match with -enstatus additional effect messages (which should, incidentally, be recategorised under enfeebles as well, in my opinion).

Sorry for the ramble. Tl;dr: I agree with the OP. :P
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah you're right about that, if it's an additional effect from a TP move then it won't show. Only way you can tell is if it's a direct spell, for example if a mob casted Paralyga it wouls say "Mob casts Paralyga. No effect on player."
    (0)