Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Who does stardiver benefit most? SAM

Who does stardiver benefit most? Not drakesbane drg that's for sure. Only one job, SE's favorite DD, gets the most use from this new WS.

Add the new merited GK WS that does similiar numbers to Fudo.

War's double nerf.

Shake, Stir two minutes, pour contents into server, let cool three-six months and everyone will forget that WAR was king for a little bit, yet still subscribe. April fools, I mean, Happy holidays, bend over and toe your toes.

Thank you, the DEV.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Stardiver is great for DRG too. Much more consistent outside Abyssea, and seems more effective against higher-level targets.
    (2)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    Who does stardiver benefit most? Not drakesbane drg that's for sure. Only one job, SE's favorite DD, gets the most use from this new WS.

Add the new merited GK WS that does similiar numbers to Fudo.

War's double nerf.

Shake, Stir two minutes, pour contents into server, let cool three-six months and everyone will forget that WAR was king for a little bit, yet still subscribe. April fools, I mean, Happy holidays, bend over and toe your toes.

Thank you, the DEV.
    => sam will benefit from it when they get a lvl90+ polearm. they have a better WS they can use with better weapons.
    and why post it in war thread?
    (1)
    Last edited by hiko; 12-26-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Why would I use Stardiver against anything other than bird type mobs?

Also don't forget SAM can spam Apex Arrow with Quint Spear!
    (1)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'll let others, who are more understanding in technical terms than I, do the explaining, please note however, their posts resulted in exactly what I brought to your attention:

Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    For those situations, you have Stardiver, which is even better than Shoha w/ a high enough C-ratio and not to forget the instant boost of Overwhelm you get from the beginning
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    And DRG's have drakesbane which is superior to Stardiver. Heck SD is just another version of penta.

SAM's don't have high attack nor powerful JT / JAs. Their entire focus is getting TP at an insane rate and spamming WS or making SC's. They were only *powerful* back at 75 because any idiot could buy a hagun and get decent performance without BRD's and COR's buffing them to high hell. We don't exactly fight those monsters anymore, there isn't any super big HNM fight where you would throw tons of melee's at it to kill. Now we have VWNM which is all about hitting procs not spamming a single powerful WS to kill it ASAP. In this regard AH WAR's with all their WS's unlocked are more valuable then a Shoha SAM.
    So again, I ask who benefited from the polearm merited ws because I don't see Drg getting the same use as Sam does. <cough> War nerf, <cough> Crappy Empyrean Polearm <cough> Sam is 11's poster child DD. And as much as I like blu, why did it get Pld's 2hr in a spell version. Now that must be SE's favorite mage job.
    Thank you
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 12-29-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Your right, I should have posted it elsewhere.
    (0)

>Drakesbane is better than Stardiver

lol, made my day.
    (0)

Stardiver is better than Drakes unless you're in Abyssea or have a Ryunohige. so long as its 5/5.

far more consistent as well.
    (1)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The Hydra Move only lets you absorb like one move (or one attack) So it's probably only good to put up the shield when you might get hit by a powerful aoe because you need to stand close to the monster. It doesn't give BLUs invincible for five minutes or anything as far as my knowledge goes.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Meldity View Post
    >Drakesbane is better than Stardiver

lol, made my day.
    Actually at the time I wasn't aware how horrible Drakesbane's attack penalty was. Most of the DB's I saw were inside Abyssea where anything with +crit is godly. Mort's math was able to demonstrate that outside of Abyssea against anything T or higher, that SD would pretty much destroy DB due to it's consistent damage.

SD has gone from the ~meh~ category to one of the better WS's introduced.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast