Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Seriously, VW loot system..come on.

It's been going on a long time now, the event itself is pretty good but the loot system.. everyone hates it (aside from a few lucky people), you keep adding new VWNM and it goes on and on and most of us can't even get rewarded for our mass investment of time from the old nms let alone do the new ones you just added.

FFXI has 2 things for most to do atm, Abyssea and VW..that's it. I understand that drops are wanted to be kept difficult to get to keep us doing the content but it's way too damn random and rare (the carrot is too far damn away from us)...I've killed hundreds of body NMs now and have nothing to show for it other than some crappy plates. I don't really need the gil anymore and the amount of plates needed is too high to want/bother to work on the unimpressive 95 emp.

I know in the interview they stated they don't want to change it and I know why but seriously can they reconsider this horrible system, can it be passed along that this is a huge issue for most everyone that does it? The reward is almost non-existent here, to encourage people to keep pecking away at it there has to be some reward or it's just useless slog on and on. You can let it go if there is other stuff to do but VW is the only show in town for most serious players now.

Is there ever going to be something done about the loot system? The urge to keep doing this event is quickly wearing off now, even a mouse needs to get a lump of cheese before it walks into a trap to kill itself.

A point system where you have to kill 50 of each NM to get the bodies, an increase for the drop rates...anything, something?

It's not a matter of not working for the things, some of us have killed them insane amounts of times and still have nothing to show for it.
    (52)

Player
    Two words:

Point system.
    (36)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Yeah do something about vw loot seriously.

It's not just the bodies, I've been trying to get appetence crown from the morbol VWNM and after dozens of kills i have none and my LS leader and his 2box character both have 3 each. Need to fix this shit.
    (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Player
    Seriously, what changed seemed like at the beginning when these forums opened what we said mattered, that the dev team legitimately wanted input on what direction to take the game.

Then they released the job adjustment manifesto, continuously came out with ignorant reasons as to why x adjustment would over power y job, and more so lately they just dont bother to respond because they know what we say will not change the fact its happening (by it i mean any issue of discussion on these lame excuse for feed back boards) and that we know they arent going to change it.
    (12)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Yeah do something about vw loot seriously.

It's not just the bodies, I've been trying to get appetence crown from the morbol VWNM and after dozens of kills i have none and my LS leader and his 2box character both have 3 each. Need to fix this shit.
    This leave the drop rates the same but if the items keep going to the same people then no matter how high they are with out being 100% its still bs.
    (5)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    Two words:

Point system.
    I 100% agree with this post. A point system would open up soo many options and allow players to actually make progress instead of watching someone else drop an item for the 1000th time.
    (8)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I was talking today with a friend about how they should add an effect that increases the drop rate of good items from any specific VWNM for every time you kill it. The suggested number was a .1% drop rate increase per kill that caps at 10%. So after 100 kills of any specific NM you would have a 1/10 chance of getting the item you are after. It still fits with the Tanaka style dice roll reward system but players could at least say they are making some sort of minimal progress even when they get logged. It would still be a massive grind but the chance of going 0/200 on anything would be very very low and the chance of some guy showing up and going 1/1 when you are 0/100 would be even lower.

I know a guy on my server who put together 200+ Qilins runs that never got a Coruscanti who was treated to watching someone who had no use for it go 1/1. There's no justification in the world to crush someones soul like that in a video game.

Also, I made this to illustrate how VW makes people feel.

(40)
    Last edited by Insaniac; 12-25-2011 at 05:09 PM.
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    I was talking today with a friend about how they should add an effect that increases the drop rate of good items from any specific VWNM for every time you kill it. The suggested number was a .1% drop rate increase per kill that caps at 10%. So after 100 kills of any specific NM you would have a 1/10 chance of getting the item you are after. It still fits with the Tanaka style dice roll reward system but players could at least say they are making some sort of minimal progress even when they get logged. It would still be a massive grind but the chance of going 0/200 on anything would be very very low and the chance of some guy showing up and going 1/1 when you are 0/100 would be even lower.
    This idea is quite good, I would love something like that. Preserve randomness, yet increase steady rewards through progress.

That's the thing that ticks most people off about randomness. If you remember, SE had a poll whether people wanted AF2+2 to be static augments or random augments. People were overwhelmingly for static augments, and for the exact same reason. People wanna see progress. They don't wanna be right where they were 50 tries ago, while someone else goes 1/1. They want progress, like with empyrean armor and weapons. They wanna know that, when they invest five hours of their lives, that they at least went somewhere. People don't like playing the lottery (well, some maybe, but definitely not as a fulltime job). Just give us something that tells us we're working towards a goal.
    (10)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Guy in my LS has received two Coruscantis. Another has received 5 (6?) Mekira Meikogai. These situations should not be allowed to exist. If not allowing us to put loot into a common drop pool, at least have the game stick the item in someone else's chest instead, or make it impossible to have the same item drop if you already own one in one of your primary storage locations to avoid the rest of your group wanting to murder you.
    (13)

Guy in my LS has received two Coruscantis. Another has received 5 (6?) Mekira Meikogai. These situations should not be allowed to exist. If not allowing us to put loot into a common drop pool, at least have the game stick the item in someone else's chest instead, or make it impossible to have the same item drop if you already own one in one of your primary storage locations to avoid the rest of your group wanting to murder you.
    At this point I'm so sick of checking the box after a long fight only to get garbage that I would be ok with them just making everything sellable. I'm just sick and tired of it.

Point system with large number of kills, increased drop % based on number of kills, increased drop rate, sellable...literally anything. Voidwatch is the only endgame event FFXI has outside of Aby and it's current loot system is the worst thing I've ever seen. The idea was good, the reality sucks.
    (11)

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast