Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It sounds to me like it's 1 ticket per item. In other words someone who got a Toci's ticket would probably just sell it for 20mil lol. This will be nice for the junk drops that some people end up going 0/50 on like Faijin boots or Phasmida belt but I really don't see it making much of a difference on the stuff people really want. Can you imagine how much a Coruscanti ticket would go for and how hard it would be to actually find one?

I think the dominion trophy-like system that someone mentioned would be pretty cool. Let's say chakram would be the T1 on pil. Ussually you will get at least 1 per kill. If you do a 2:1 ratio and need 6 T4 tickets for a Toci's you would need 48 chakrams to drop to force a toci's which is pretty reasonable. If Coru was a T5 you would need 96 gorgets worth of tickets. LSs could pool their tickets if they wanted and I'm sure the market would be insane for tickets for quite a while.

That being said I'm pretty sure this is just a "6 Chakram tickets = Chakram" system. Not bad by any means but nowhere near as good as some people are thinking. Clarification needed!!
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

I really really doubt its a "Every item has a ticket" type system Insaniac, as pointed out on the last page, the post clearly says "Turn them in for a R/ex Item of your choice".

Theres going to be some limitation but i really don't think its going to be Chakrams into Chakrams type deal.
    (1)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I will admit most of my theory is based on the "SE is an evil genie" clause. I just can't imagine something that good coming out of their office right now. With the 2 conflicting statements that people have posted it's pretty much up in the air until we get some clarification.
    (3)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

I really hope SE doesn't go full Evil Genie on us this time... I'd rather they make the Items Cost more the rarer they are (10 Ticket for Crap-tier (Chakram, Eye), 20 Tickets for mid-tier (Phasmida, Fajin), and 30 tickets for High-tier (Toci's/Etc), 40 for Epic Tier (Coruscanti, Asteria, Borealis/etc) than them making it an "Item for same Item" Deal because they were afraid of it being too "unbalanced".
    (5)

Character
    Macross
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Why would they make tickets sellable is beyond me. Should be turn in tickets from your own personal chests, do them enough and you can buy your own loot. ie if you got 6 gorgets you would have 6 tickets you can exchange for loot. Having the tickets be sellable would defeat the purpose of the personal loot system.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Why would they make tickets sellable is beyond me. Should be turn in tickets from your own personal chests, do them enough and you can buy your own loot. ie if you got 6 gorgets you would have 6 tickets you can exchange for loot. Having the tickets be sellable would defeat the purpose of the personal loot system.
    Um, Probably because They're also trying to solve the "I got this Item, But my friend needs it" issue.

Now if you get an Item your friend needs, and you already own, You can give them the ticket. Is the concept.

They're not so much "Making it sellable" as they are making it Trade-able. Sellable is just a side effect of that in my eyes :X
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    How is getting something that you can sell from your personal loot box not getting personal loot?
    (1)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm sorry while this is a step in the right direction its really going around your elbow to get to your butt. Putting loot in to the pool with limits on what goes in would have gotten to the same point with less O.o. Simple fix like no crafting items or RA tag only items could be put into the pool and only one RA/EX, EX items of the same type could be in the pool at once, boom you have now gotten around the reason they didn't want to do add to pool. But hay maybe their Codey Os don't allow that.
    (1)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    I'm sorry while this is a step in the right direction its really going around your elbow to get to your butt. Putting loot in to the pool with limits on what goes in would have gotten to the same point with less O.o. Simple fix like no crafting items or RA tag only items could be put into the pool and only one RA/EX, EX items of the same type could be in the pool at once, boom you have now gotten around the reason they didn't want to do add to pool. But hay maybe their Codey Os don't allow that.
    im sure they could do it, but the Headstone in Behemoth's Domain would break
    (2)

Player
    I think you are looking at it the wrong way. Sell is just a fancy term for trading for currency. All currency is, (both game and real) is a standardized bartering system. You trade an item you have multiple of or don't want for currency which in turn is traded for the item you desire. (without having to go through Zelda style trade sequences) So, you are getting personal loot you are just converting it into a form which can be used to obtain other items. In the end currency doesn't really have a purpose (it does you no good in currency form) its not until you buy (trade) a second time that something of value is obtained. Item -> ticket -> currency -> Ticket or other item the player deems to have value.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast