Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neofire View Post
    I disagree, just because someone with the right gear setup ws'd for 7k ya'll want to shun it. I heard noone crying when people were doing 7-10k damage with wildfire. Good god.
    Um, RNG or COR can take punches? No. They cannot. This is why Wildfire users don't get the short end of the stick. That's a fair trade-off.

SAM has a potential to tank using Shoha with Seigan and Utsusemi, and can hold it with proper healing and support. And you want to complain about a Gun WS? Get real, man.
    (10)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 12-22-2011 at 02:48 AM.

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    Um, RNG or COR can take punches? No. They cannot. This is why Wildfire users don't get the short end of the stick. That's a fair trade-off.

SAM has a potential to tank using Shoha with Seigan and Utsusemi, and can hold it with proper healing and support. And you want to complain about a Gun WS? Get real, man.
    not to mention how much more often SAM can WS than a COR or RNG
    (6)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neofire View Post
    I disagree, just because someone with the right gear setup ws'd for 7k ya'll want to shun it. I heard noone crying when people were doing 7-10k damage with wildfire. Good god.
    Because they were too busy shunning Blade Hi and Ukko's Fury because nin and war are bandwagon Abyssea jobs and no one really cares about wildfire. It's a great ass kicking WS but no one really cares.

But if you're suggesting SE shouldn't worry about balance at the highest tier of gear you'd be wrong because if your ultimate goal isn't to wear the best gear then you have odd reasons for playing. Interesting content only lasts so long before the desire for better gear kicks in and takes over to keep you playing. SE should balance the game based on the very best gear a player can wear. Anything below that is meaningless. And while my sam isn't quite up to par in levels and I would no doubt enjoy using this WS, I have the same mindset with this WS that I do with others: They're overpowered.

Though that's not to say they should be nerfed to do crap damage. But, come on, how are you going to sit there and nerf merit WSs and empyrean WSs and let this one SAM GK WS off the hook? It's insultingly biased and it's going to kill every other DD job once more like SAM did back in the ToAU era. This isn't balance. It's SamuraiXI. The amount of favoritism this job has gotten is astounding. So like people didn't quite care that Tachi: Fudo basically made SAM #1 outside of buffed content like Aby/VW so what SE did was to go and design a new WS that ALL sams could attain that would walk all over everything else at anytime. I'll say it again, I'll be very very surprised if they ever bother nerfing this GK weapon skill. The only reason they will do it now is because all non sam DDs making a fuss over it because if they were going to do it themselves, they would have done so by now.

But I stress I'm a SAM fan and am in no way an anti SAM fanatic because of whatever. I am an anti SE bias fan, however. If you're going to work on balance then work on balance and not what can you do to make SAM the uncontested #1 DD job. Which would be fine, if they were open about it and not preaching balance about everything else.
    (12)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    My sam is 4/5 AF3+1 and 1/5 AF3+2, I use an EXTREMELY easy GK to get, Kikugosaku (SP?), my WS gear is decent with Twilight n such, but I have to force 357 GK skill using justice torque

My DRK has Redemption, has pretty sick Crit hit damage, great WS gear, great TP gain gear

However, MY WSs on DRK average 2k-3k (1500-2500 outside abyss) and my SAMs Shohas average 3k-6k (Havent tested outside abyssea) and my SAM can WS faster than my DRK and self skillchain twice in the time my DRK can do one

moral of the story? buff Quietus Camlann's Torment and Cloudsplitter

as well as Entropy Requiescat Realmrazer and Ruinator

nerf Shoha so SAM can be the job the WSs the most often and skillchains to make up for WS damage, instead of Self Skillchaining, WSing the most often, and doing the most per WS damage
    (9)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Moogle's Law: When Square-Enix makes WAR and MNK top DDs, they nerf and laugh at them at the last moment by making SAM more overpowered with Tachi: Shoha.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    Which would be fine, if they were open about it and not preaching balance about everything else.
    Yeah when the devs are making (balance) excuses for not making changes to classes like BST which would make them USABLE in mainline content such as voidwatch - and then overpowering only 1 of the merit WS (while making sword WS essentially useless, despite the fact most sword users have crappy WS to choose from)... yeah.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    1. Everyone reading this needs to post screenshots of the damage from Shoha as high as the numbers posted in the original post. Minimum Damage 5K to a Maximum of 8K (if that's even possible)

2. Underneath these screenshots should say, "THIS IS NOT BALANCE!"

3. Keep doing it until we get a Developer's response
    I vote we include pictures of all the new WS with similar quality gear sets on the same mobs. Requiescat and Entropy vs Tachi: Shoha, and they say they're balanced. pffft
    (4)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    I vote we include pictures of all the new WS with similar quality gear sets on the same mobs. Requiescat and Entropy vs Tachi: Shoha, and they say they're balanced. pffft
    Ill toss quietus in there as well, someone else should grab camlanns torment and cloudsplitter
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    Even better!
    (1)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
    Rock needs a nerf, paper is fine.
    (0)

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast