Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

requiescat elements: Help ( it has WS elements)

Question1: Can anyone Confirm the elements of requiescat?
    the WS is capable of creating Liquefaction (Quadrastrike), and darkness(for rudras). this means the "non-elemental" WS possesses SC propertys and therefore can be enhanced Via Gorget/belt combo. my guess is it has an element of either earth or thunder, as those are the only 2 elements that can lead into Liquefaction. if it makes darkness with rudra's that leads me to believe it at minimum has Earth/Darkness propertys. can anyone please confirm

QUestion2: do gorgets and belts stack? noob question, i know.
    ive always been stacking them and never bothered to ask of they stacked.
    (0)
    Last edited by hideka; 12-20-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne
    Since Requiescat has no element, it’s an effective weapon skill against monsters that are immune to physical attacks. Considering that players can use attack boosts and double attack effects to enhance damage (edited at 12:28pm PST), we decided that an adjustment was unnecessary.
    A non-elemental weaponskill can still have skillchain properties. (See: Vorpal Blade)
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I apologize for Hideka, she's extremely confused.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Requiescat

Physical WS that has it's damage subtype set to none. Not magic, doesn't use MAB, fINT or Mag.Accuracy.

Known SC attributes are
    A: Gravitation
    B: Scission

Could have a third of Liquifaction, needs testing.

Gorgets that are known to work are,
    Shadow
    Soil
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    QUestion2: do gorgets and belts stack? noob question, i know.
    ive always been stacking them and never bothered to ask of they stacked.
    question one was already answered, so I'll give you this'n. Yes they stack, but no, it's not always the best option. Depending on the job (by which I mean available gear alternatives) and the wsc/fTP of the ws, you may get more benefit from using just one (belt OR gorget) and having a different stat piece in the other slot. This is especially true of the new WS with their 100% stat mods, even the complete piece of garbage that is lolrequiescat.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I apologize for Hideka, she's extremely confused.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Requiescat

Physical WS that has it's damage subtype set to none. Not magic, doesn't use MAB, fINT or Mag.Accuracy.

Known SC attributes are
    A: Gravitation
    B: Scission

Could have a third of Liquifaction, needs testing.

Gorgets that are known to work are,
    Shadow
    Soil
    apparently your confused, the hits are what is considered to be "Spirit damage" akin to spirits within. not affected by physical damage reduction. so i apologize for your ignorance.
    Also i never even alluded to it being magical damage,learn to read.

SE compared it to Spirits within in their post, hence why i was surprised that it possessed SC elements, not over the fact that it was nonelemental damage.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    apparently your confused, the hits are what is considered to be "Spirit damage" akin to spirits within. not affected by physical damage reduction. so i apologize for your ignorance.
    Also i never even alluded to it being magical damage,learn to read.

SE compared it to Spirits within in their post, hence why i was surprised that it possessed SC elements, not over the fact that it was nonelemental damage.
    Ummm ... what ...

Spirits isn't physical, it doesn't use attack, accuracy, fSTR or any form of LCF. It's magical non-elemental as -MDT will reduce it's damage. Compared to Sang Blade which is Magical Darkness or Aeolian Edge which is Magical Wind.

Req is physical, it uses attack, accuracy, fSTR and LCF. It's physical non-elemental as -PDT will reduce it's damage. This is compared to Vorpal / CDC which is Physical Slashing or Evisceration which is Physical Piercing.

For crying out loud, Req STACKS with sneak attack, that kinda destroys your entire comment immediately.

There are two main types of damage, Physical and Magical, each has different subtypes.

Physical -> Slashing, Piercing, Blunt, Non-elemental

Magical -> Fire, Water, Thunder, Earth, Wind, Ice, Light, Dark, Non-elemental

Only thing that makes Req special is that monster physical resistances won't effect it. Slimes are Slashing -50% Blunt -75% Piercing -50% but magic +50%. Using Vorpal or CDC on them will have a -50% damage reduction, using Req will have no damage reduction. Using Sang or Aeolian Edge will have +50% damage bonus.

I don't know how to make it any simpler then this. This has all been tested prior to those WS's even being released into the live server. I've personally used Req vs various monsters on the test server to verify it's physical: non-elemental vs magical: non-elemental. Prime example is find a pot or eyeball, get it to use magic-shield then do Req. It will hit for full damage and completely ignore the magic shield effect.
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It does bonus damage to cerberus type mobs. KTHXBI
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Spirit is a type of damage. Non-elemental is (apparently) a type of damage. This is non-elemental, which is SE's way of saying, "Hey Paladins! You know how we took your WSs that bypass physical immunities and made them useless by making all new content monsters resist the shit out of them?" . . . . . "Well don't worry, now you can use Requiescat in those situations instead!"
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Spirit is a type of damage. Non-elemental is (apparently) a type of damage. This is non-elemental, which is SE's way of saying, "Hey Paladins! You know how we took your WSs that bypass physical immunities and made them useless by making all new content monsters resist the shit out of them?" . . . . . "Well don't worry, now you can use Requiescat in those situations instead!"
    Magical Non-Elemental vs Physical Non-Elemental

Only difference is MDT vs PDT effects

Spirits Within / Atonement is just Magical Non-Elemental. Anything that gives MDT will block those. Req is apparently Physical Non-Elemental, something that players didn't have access too until just now. Anything that gives -PDT will block Req. Go fight a PLD monster and have it Invincible then Req on it, 0 damage.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Now if we really want to be technical there is no such thing as "magical" or "physical" or anything else for that matter. It's just a bit flag on the WS inside the games database. The bit flag is checked during the attack script that the appropriate code is called to determine what actually happens. The whole physical / magical damage types and subtypes is just us trying to figure out what exactly SE is doing inside the games database on the server. SE could of named one of the bits carrot and anything with it set to 1 would be calculated as doing carrot damage. The attack script upon detecting the bit flag of carrot set to high would then call the carrot damage formula and check to see what value was in the targets carrot damage resistance entry.

So all this nonsense of "spirit" and other crap is nothing but a set of bits on an entry in the database.

Nevertheless, the WS Req deals physical damage but isn't Piercing, Blunt, H2H nor Slashing damage. PDT will reduce it but none of the three known physical damage resistance's will effect it. Basically Physical Shield will reduce Req damage. Spirits / Atonement both are not effected by PDT nor any of the three known physical resistances (Slashing / Blunt / Piercing). Magic Shield will reduce the damage from Spirits / Atonement, but no other elemental resistances will effect them (Fire / Darkness / Light / ect..).

Based on the above information we can conclude that Req is Physical damage with no other bit flag set (Slashing / Piercing / Blunt / H2H).
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast