Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Except sometimes being a man means arguing for pages with the jack ass posters like the one in my sig.
    Adding a dislike button won't stop that.

It never will. Again, FFXIAH-Pre Removal, and Alla as it stands, Both solid proof of that.

Ratings will always remain a popularity contest, they serve no purpose... I was even against the "+" System.
    (0)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    No.

In this forum 7 - 10 people camp ALL NEW TOPICS

When a New player come here with a Idea even if is a Silly idea. If that idea Dont like the 10 campers, they will PERMA RATED DOWN every new Topic that player do.

Or when a new player come with a silly question, will be called troll and perma rated down, if a person do a mistake in analisis this guys will try Humillate and make feel bad that person in agresive way.

A system like that only will promote the Elitism and will give control to the "Forums Campers"

I fear more the "Agresive Elitist Posters" Than the silly trolls lol.

Even the troll more terrible cant compare an angry elitist poster.

The Elitist poster usually show you in a terrible, hostil and agresive way "You are a stupid" he dont stop until let you totally owned and humillated.

This forum in my opinion is a Light forum and is friendly to the FFXI comunity.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Adding a dislike button won't stop that.

It never will. Again, FFXIAH-Pre Removal, and Alla as it stands, Both solid proof of that.

Ratings will always remain a popularity contest, they serve no purpose... I was even against the "+" System.
    Adding that button would immediately tell the devs that everyone disagreed with what that guy said, and save them from reading 30 pages of people explaining exactly why it was stupid.

Look at this thread. 1400 views. 64 posts. I would bet my favorite body part that a large number of those people have an opinion about this topic, but are not willing to get into a huge debate to express that opinion. Right now, the thread has 40ish likes, and ............0 dislikes.

Ratings are and should be a popularity contest on a feed back forum. The object is not to find the post that has the coolest wording, or the best lay out, or even the best idea. The object is to find out what your customers want.

Alla is a fan board. People do not log in using their registered account, and can spam, curse, troll, and rate down with impunity. This board is run by SE, and they are far stricter about that sort of behavior.

You could easily follow me around every thread, and follow my every post with one liners about how dumb my ideas are, or how weak my character is, or how crappy my ls is, or just how lame the color of the text I use is. You could derail my every thread, by using crap arguments that have been argued in any one of the other forums.

I really don't see how a little thumbs down arrow should worry me, or anyone else for that matter, and I definitely don't think that not having it is stopping people who want to be dicks from doing it.
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7