Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Extra greifing. No thanks.
    (5)

eh.. this has come up several times already. Was thinking there was an actual reply from the mods on the topic at one point, but couldn't get my hands on it with a quick searrch.....probly buried back in April or May. I did get a hit on the thread where they were adding it though:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ll=1#post55230
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 12-13-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: fix URL
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Alot of people don't like the idea, not sure I do either even though I see what you are saying TC. I don't post on ZAM anymore because people rate down your opinion. This is a free country I don't like being censored on the internet if I am not really harming anyone in a hurtful way so that is why I stay away from ZAM.
    (1)
    Last edited by svengalis; 12-13-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I dont like the idea
    (4)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You can just concidder a lack of likes as a dislike.
    (2)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    Believe me, a dislike button will only be abused and used to harass members.

Don't even think people will know better, that will never be the case on any forum.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Biggest problem is people start liking/disliking based on the poster and not the content, and groups of people conspiring to rate down someone they don't like regardless of the thought or idea in the post. Although some people like eachother's posts because they're friends, the worst that can happen is that the likes have no benefit. With dislikes, however, there is more potential for abuse and damage to be done.

The devs specifically added the "like" button so that people who don't have much to say other than "good idea" or "i like this idea" can do so without actually posting. People who dislike a post can instead simply not click the like button, and express their disdain with a textual post.
    And this.
    (1)

7. 12-13-2011 05:47 PM

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yes, but the "Like" button is friendly and happy and doesn't hurt people's fragile little egos.
    Add a dislike button, and this will become Allakhazam in literally a week.

We SHOULD be able to voice our displeasure of a topic within the thread itself. However, 90% of the posters on this forum believe that to be "Trolling" and every topic immediately devolves into KillingIfrit
    (3)

9. 12-13-2011 06:05 PM

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Don't even think people will know better, that will never be the case on any forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    Can we dislike dev posts?
    this! don't make a dislike button for random post but make it possible to dislike dev post so dev understand they are doing it wrong. (understand that we wont dislike the little moogle posting but the content they are asked to post)

now if 5 people hit "like" on a dev nerf post (because it nerf a job they don't play) but everyother poster dislike it dev team think their idea is good
    (2)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5

I approve of this idea.
    (2)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 12-13-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Dislike buttons don't work, it's the reason most forums/sites etcetera are removing them.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast