Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    A job ability that doubles ws damage and costs mp to use mp, sort of how smn has mana cede. I'd like to be able to use scythe, it's our best weapon, without having a relic. Let's face it, your two strikes in, the empyrean sux and the new ws is junk.
    Actually a JA similar to soul eater or last resort (fixed version). Each hit consumes MP and creates a specific effect, either +damage or maybe +crit rate.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Really need to lower the casting time of all dark's spells to 0.5s like stun.
    Absorb spells at the least. Even a 1s cast time wouldn't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Actually a JA similar to soul eater or last resort (fixed version). Each hit consumes MP and creates a specific effect, either +damage or maybe +crit rate.
    Plus damage and have all the damage that they do be considered either the same as Formless Strikes, or dark based magical damage. Could very easily be a new merit ability too, although if it was, it should only be in the same category as spells and buffs to spells that Dark Knight has. Well, that or eliminate the stupid cap on merit abilities and allow people to merit every ability.
    (3)

Player
    Going back to the Darkness nukes(which er might be getting, but not holding my breath) I think they should also be able to stun. Not as reliable as the real Stun, except with maybe capped dark magic and good macc. Or they could have interesting debuffs like inhibit TP; a dark DoT after effect that stacks with all other forms of DoTs(more potent than Bio III); Plague, potency determined by Dark Magic Skill; Slow, again potency with dark magic. There's just so much they can do with it. However, they still need to be .5sec cast, deal a heavy amount of damage(no less than 500 outside abyssea), and have no longer than a 1min recast even with Hasso. Their "drawback"? they require a lot of MP, which might give us a reason to have at least 1 merit into Entropy haha.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Absorb spells at the least. Even a 1s cast time wouldn't be too bad.

Plus damage and have all the damage that they do be considered either the same as Formless Strikes, or dark based magical damage. Could very easily be a new merit ability too, although if it was, it should only be in the same category as spells and buffs to spells that Dark Knight has. Well, that or eliminate the stupid cap on merit abilities and allow people to merit every ability.
    an mp baby version of souleater mixed with endark? sounds neat.
    (1)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I really think what would separate DRK's from all other two handers would be give them the option to cast quick, damaging spells that take up a decent amount of MP. Let a class actually be up close to the mob that can do damage close up and cast as well, with doing comparable damage to other two handers. I think this could definitely change the play style of DRK in a good way. More casting orientated DRKs can use a scythe and entropy and could possibly open up viable casting subs, but if that's not your thing you could stick with /sam, /war, or /thf and cast less of the possible new spells but be more melee orientated like it is now. Granted, have the option to still be melee orientated with a scythe, but maybe buff quietus some if that's the case.

If SE can add fancy new graphics for the new weaponskills, I don't see how they can't add new graphics for dark basses spells like the opposite of holy or banish. I mean they could do a spell that's the opposite of banish and could give it an effect like the merited version the whm has. Don't make it merited, but make it so that the spell could have say a unique effect to mobs that it's casted on. Instead of say defense down on undead mobs it could be defense down on all things but undead etc. Kind of how drain works. They system is already there, they just need to utilize it. I know people can say that may not be fair to whm's, but whm's are there to mostly heal. They could have the option to do damage to undead all the time and they sacrifice other merits and healing abilities to do it while drk's main focus is only damage.

I think of drk as the opposite of pld. Pld's need to make use of their MP bar to be more effective and efficient, while drk's are not so reliant on it. It's just there for them to use if needed. I see that as a bad design flaw in class mechanics. Why have a class with MP if they are not going through it consistently? Entropy would fill that gap IF we had what so many other suggestions players have been saying previously that were awesome ideas. I know many people may not cater to casting as drk, but honestly, there are three other two hander classes that can do what drk can do, but do it so much more better with subbing the main two hander subs.

Sekkanoki and Hasso streamlined all the two hander jobs to be very similar in play style. I think the other jobs have enough niches to be different. War has massive damage. Drg has wyvern, breaths, jumps, and solo ability. Sam is just a skill chaining machine. Drk can stun and cast some situational drk magic that is either resisted a good majority of the time, or just doesn't have much reason to cast. Then they could do self skill chain with Sekkanoki that, every other two hander can do so what makes them different? I wish SE would give me a reason to actually be enticed and motivated to play drk besides being a stun machine or soloing in campaign with say subbing /sch to actually make it fun with all the tools you have at your disposal. Other than that I don't see much reason to play drk these days.
    (0)
    Last edited by Akutenshi; 12-20-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Quote Originally Posted by Selzak View Post
    Shamelessly quoting myself for another page and adding an idea I had for that unique enfeebling necessity that I feel is the most important thing for DRK right now:

A new line of debilitating spells to define the job's enfeebling role~

Dark Magic:
    DRK 91) Rupture- Lowers enemy's resistance to blunt weapons.
    DRK 96) Disclosure- Lowers enemy's resistance to piercing weapons.
    DRK 99) Exposure- Lowers enemy's resistance to slashing weapons.

*These spells overwrite eachother.

Make these meritable to improve the effect. For tougher enemies, allow the spell to land regularly (with sufficient dark magic skill) and balance it by making them wear off within a shorter amount of time depending on how tough the monster is. In content like VW, balance the spell by letting it last just long enough for us to quickly set up a volley of SAM WS or something like that before it wears off.

There's you some spells to cast. There's you a reason to invite a DRK to your PT. There's your unique, perfectly martial/magical identifying line of spells to define the job. If the future identity for WAR is the ability to change its weapon type, what more perfect way to define DRK (WAR/BLM) than with this dark arts twist on that concept. This is exactly the kind of thing the job needs to make its MP bar feel like part of the job again.
    This. So much this.
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10