Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    No, no, DRK doesn't get Ukonsavara or Verethragna. Those are WAR and MNK/PUP only weapons.
    Maybe this person is one of those abyssea noobs that thinks Ukon and Vere do the same damage outside of abyssea too so dont be angry at her lack of insight ^^
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I just wanted to warp in here and let you know that we are thinking about lowering the casting time for dark magic. On top of that, we are also looking into DRK's magic usage.

Great ideas so far! Keep the feedback coming. ^_^
    Omg thank you for hearing our Idea's I'm glad a SE representative came in a drk thread and gave us a useful response...again thank you^^
    (1)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 12-09-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I love a blood weapon JT, Drain III, dreadspikes II, and a lines of darkness based nukes would be great. It'll be nice if you guys can experiment with death, doom, and maybe confuse as dark magic spells for drk. There's alot of great ideas in the drk forum hopefully you guys can implement some of them. Death is already in the dat. files I urge you to release it (drk only of course) if you do Rukkirii I will sacrifice my apoc too you for the good of the job and I'll rebuild another one.
    (0)

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    Give us a self only haste spell, which is dark magic base, with a short cast time, doesn't matter if it cost a lot of MP or drain our HP. but make it stack with WHM haste spell.
    (1)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm on board with these ideas, especially looking at the boost pup gets now w/ the automatons casting a wide range of additional magic; with a vast majority of it benefiting the master... the purpose was to re-define the job considering how it was being left behind and re-establish its position as a solo job...

A dark-magic version of haste with a low cast/recast at or near lvl 99 would not be over powered by any stretch; with a 2-handed weapon this addition to the job would significantly help its dps and output; PUP gets it and more... no reason not to spread the love to jobs that now need it in order to make them much more versatile.
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Player
    I would like to se
    Dark spell I+II maybe even III
    Temper? (the rdm double attack spell)
    Absorb Attack / Def / Haste (gives same symbol as haste spell, so they dont stack which wouldnt make the spell op + slow on mob)
    En-Drain (yes I know we have a drain 2h but would a Endrain spell be to overpowerd? We have drain samba so, I dont think a little en-drain spell wouldnt be to overpowered)
    Drain III (or some other form of drain like dot drain? idk)
    I think these spells should be possible, now to the "OP dream spells :P": Death, Doom, Curse, Terror
    (0)
    Last edited by XxCo0kyxX; 12-09-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quick magic no. This is a terrible idea.

I do not want to base my job on something that "might proc" or might activate, and if it doesn't I just wasted time casting when I should have been meleeing.

No. No. No. No. To "Quick Magic."

I'd rather take a -5% casting time reduction (which is nothing) than this.

Apparently DRK gets tactical Parry II next update, wtf is up with that SE?
    (3)
    Last edited by Urteil; 12-09-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by XxCo0kyxX View Post
    I would like to se
    Dark spell I+II maybe even III
    Temper? (the rdm double attack spell)
    Absorb Attack / Def / Haste (gives same symbol as haste spell, so they dont stack which wouldnt make the spell op + slow on mob)
    En-Drain (yes I know we have a drain 2h but would a Endrain spell be to overpowerd? We have drain samba so, I dont think a little en-drain spell wouldnt be to overpowered)
    Drain III (or some other form of drain like dot drain? idk)
    I think these spells should be possible, now to the "OP dream spells :P": Death, Doom, Curse, Terror
    Temper and any spell like that is Enhancing clearly, you'd need to be able to take Absorb-DA, TA or QA before SE would ever give this to DRK.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I just wanted to warp in here and let you know that we are thinking about lowering the casting time for dark magic. On top of that, we are also looking into DRK's magic usage.

Great ideas so far! Keep the feedback coming. ^_^
    Rukkirii I do appreciate you giving us feedback! This is the first time we have gotten anything in ages. So please understand the frustration is not toward the community reps, such as yourself but the glaring incompetence of the development team.

It would behoove everyone in this thread to cross their arms and reply with a "we'll-believe-it-when-we-see-it."

Or when we get something other than: "We are actually aware that Dark Knight's have magic spells, and are finally understanding this fundamental concept! We are looking at magic, and going to do something with magic, maybe. . . Well actually we might do something about the recast time, but we're just looking at Dark Knight's casting magic in 'general."

SE is giving us another tier of Tactical Parry in the new update, don't be fools and get your hopes up until we get something besides:

SE Speech (n):

1. A type of deceptive rhetoric in which a statement that uses passive voice and ambiguity to make a claim, in an attempt to relay that something of value was said, but in all reality wasn't.

On that note Rukkirii, can you please relay to the dev team, the most basic of steps:

Magic Attack Bonus # {Yes, please.}
    Tactical Parry # {No thanks.}
    (3)
    Last edited by Urteil; 12-09-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    Quick magic no. This is a terrible idea.

I do not want to base my job on something that "might proc" or might activate, and if it doesn't I just wasted time casting when I should have been meleeing.

No. No. No. No. To "Quick Magic."

I'd rather take a -5% casting time reduction (which is nothing) than this.
    With all due respect, I think you're being short-sighted here. First of all, a potential Quick Magic effect on Drains, Aspirs, Dread Spikes, and Absorb-TP is already very useful. I feel like a lot of DRK's problems with casting (on the dark magic side) come from recasts. For example, the Drain line of spells seems to have been specifically balanced by having ridiculous recasts. They're good spells, but they're hardly available. To be able to cast Drains back-to-back (occasionally) would help the fact that the spell has grown to have very little impact (especially every 60 seconds).

Also keep in mind that this is suggested separately from any boost to our overall casting ability. Magic Attack is not going to effect anything except for elemental spells, and no one is saying that those can't be made useful as well. I think it's a lot more worthwhile to focus on our dark magic though, which Quick Magic would help out-of-the-box. The trait is begging to be on DRK and PLD.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selzak; 12-09-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast