Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rorald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Simple suggestion to losing hate as pld cure the dd especially the 1 with most hate, then provoke/flash or whatever ability like sentinel. Hate does reset alot on certain monsters but it's not hard to get it back.
    (0)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorald View Post
    Simple suggestion to losing hate as pld cure the dd especially the 1 with most hate, then provoke/flash or whatever ability like sentinel. Hate does reset alot on certain monsters but it's not hard to get it back.
    The problem is that once you all reach the cap, the mob is going to be spinning like a top as it faces each person who has capped hate.

Once this happens, PLD practically becomes a burden on the party because not only are you not fully tanking the mob, but you also aren't dealing any good damage.

Damage mitigation and survivability have never been the issue. PLD is honestly not broken. The issue has been that PLD don't have the damage output to make them appealing for a larger group. Unless your DD are willing to hold back, you aren't going to be a successful tank, through no fault of your own.

My suggestion is to follow the voidwatch trend. Keep introducing mobs and NMs that will utterly destroy any DD that tries to tank it, and MAKE people hold back so that PLD can do it's job.
    (2)

Player
    That would have been the case, then SE screwed even that up by giving an alternative, and refreshing temps on weakness procs.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    That would have been the case, then SE screwed even that up by giving an alternative, and refreshing temps on weakness procs.
    Pretty much. I "tank" Voidwatch NMs on COR half the time since job doesn't really matter when you're riding >9,000 temps and Fanatic's.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    My suggestion is to follow the voidwatch trend. Keep introducing mobs and NMs that will utterly destroy any DD that tries to tank it, and MAKE people hold back so that PLD can do it's job.
    like the good old sky days i'm up for it!
    (1)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Monsters being cheap is fine because the computer is a cheating bastard.

I don't think I should have to explain why your idea is kinda.. broken if a Pld was able to never lose hate ever.
    Perhaps not 'Never lose hate' but some sort of resistance or immunity to hate reset would actually prove useful against newer mobs that like to be a dick.
    (0)

Character
    Rorald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Pld Can do good numbers with excaliber and Almace if you have the right gear swaps. I see many pld weaponskill without gear swapping doing crap damage and losing hate instantly to a dd. I myself and Awsome have never had too many issues with losing hate. When we do, it is only for like 2-3 seconds then mob is back on us. Then again we played pld for like 8-9+ years and know the in and out of the job, not to mention Aegis and Ochain make the fights extremely easy.
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorald View Post
    Pld Can do good numbers with excaliber and Almace if you have the right gear swaps. I see many pld weaponskill without gear swapping doing crap damage and losing hate instantly to a dd. I myself and Awsome have never had too many issues with losing hate. When we do, it is only for like 2-3 seconds then mob is back on us. Then again we played pld for like 8-9+ years and know the in and out of the job, not to mention Aegis and Ochain make the fights extremely easy.

i was with you till you said excalibur
    (1)

Excal really isn't that bad, to be honest. It never was. KOR is just shit. Vorpal spamming can still be pretty solid and the add effects add up.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    i know, just having a go at Rorald, he's actually one of the best plds across all servers.
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast