Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ApocalypseNow View Post
    Also building a -md set, not sure how much -md I can get on my war, if someone has an item build I would love to see it. Please make the set items that are resonable to get.
    Dark rings with -6 MDT each on them from konschtat [A]. Merman's earrings -2 each. Twilight torque for -5. These are for all jobs.

War can then use nierenshutz for -3, combining to give you -24% MDT, added to shellra V's -27%, you're capped. War can also use askar feet for the last 2%.

Now for magic def bonus. Lamia mantle +1 for 4, then pretty much just the Iron Ram set and replace hands with medb's gauntlets.
    (0)

Player
    Don't bother gearing for MDB imo, the amount you get in gear is not worth it. You'd be better off using merman's mittens/colossus mantle and putting haste/pdt in the other slots.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Don't bother gearing for MDB imo, the amount you get in gear is not worth it. You'd be better off using merman's mittens/colossus mantle and putting haste/pdt in the other slots.
    Gear swap for casts?
    (0)

Player
    MDB gear isn't worth the -invo for small improvements even for the gear swap, you're better off keeping in haste gear. Exceptions are shadow ring and Nocturnus mail.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    MDB gear isn't worth the -invo for small improvements even for the gear swap, you're better off keeping in haste gear. Exceptions are shadow ring and Nocturnus mail.
    Fair enough. Commenting on your gear suggestion: The rings/earrings don't offer as good DD stats as hands and backpiece slots. Also, the belt and neck are both -dt, adding to your -pdt build (and you can also get -pdt on the same dark rings). There's no point losing Atheling mantle and w/e war's use on hands when you can cap -mdt elsewhere.
    (0)

Player
    I forgot Tjukurrpa exists as well honestly, why do I keep thinking Merman's in the first place. You can cap haste in MDT set without the hands slot if you really wanted to, or just ignore the decimal percentage haste blitz gives.

EDIT: I suppose the exception is if Restraint is up.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think you all may be missing the point.

Leaving aside whether anything insightful comes up in OF threads, if I post in a discussion of SAM or DNC tanking, I am interested in discussing SAM or DNC tanking. I am not interested in hearing about how NIN or MNK is a better tank, because for one thing I already know that, and for another I could read or start a thread on NIN or MNK tanking if I wanted to discuss those, and finally NIN or MNK being better doesn't have anything to do with a discussion of how SAM or DNC might best use the tools inherent to those jobs.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2