Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Honeybunney
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95

Avatar mini-fork teleport for level 20 battel winners

Could you develop a quest that will provide a avatar warp item to replace the mini forks.
    The players that win the level 20 avatar battles are denied a quick warp to the crystals unlike players that had high level friends to get their avatars. This would eliminate the access inequity Perhaps a scenario in which after a set number of battles a player earns the new item. A Magian trial would be nice - the summoner teleport fork that's a main weapon that takes you straight to the crystal once a day.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    It would be easier to just invalidate mini forks once you got the avatar. That would eliminate the unfair advantage of a quick warp to a place you might visit once a year and that can be reached and solod effortlessly by any high-level job anyway... Considering it's a type of exploit, albeit a minor one, removing it altogether might be best.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Honeybunney
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Why make it more difficult to assist new summoners get their avatars.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Well when you look at it, the mini-tuning fork warp was not to intended to be an "easy" warp to the cloisters as you choose, yet it's something we SMN take advantage over. For those that complete the mini-trials to gain their avatars, congrats in your effort but are now expected to run to the cloisters as anyone else on any other job will.

Yet if anything, it would be nice to be able to repeat these mini-trials instead of making them on shot. It's a valuable lesson though that I learned when I first started playing that seems to be Summoner 101.... Do NOT complete the mini-trial fights.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Nothing changes for new summoners. If they are soloing the fight, they can't be assisted. If they aren't soloing, they aren't a 'new summoner' and doing it with a few people on lvl 95 on any job, which can get to any cloister without much trouble.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Because the teleport was designed to help new summoners get their avatars themselves without help, not as a means of free teleport to those areas whenever you want. The fact that you can't teleport after completing the quest is testament to this.
    (1)

Character
    Kennx
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Couldn't they fix this like they do with Assault mission or whatever... dont let them leave the avatar battle ground.... By checking the crystal the can either fight the Avatar or warp back to NPC who starts the mission.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kennx; 11-09-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Character
    Bloodbeat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So what you're suggesting would be to mark mini trials as complete upon the successful completion of the uncapped avatar quests?
    I mean, I can't see the majority of SMNs agreeing with this. They may find it easier to swallow if maybe you could get an NPC warp to each cloister once per tally. I'm not sure how you'd implement that though.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodbeat View Post
    So what you're suggesting would be to mark mini trials as complete upon the successful completion of the uncapped avatar quests?
    I mean, I can't see the majority of SMNs agreeing with this. They may find it easier to swallow if maybe you could get an NPC warp to each cloister once per tally. I'm not sure how you'd implement that though.
    You are telling me the majority of the SMNs is visiting every cloister on a daily/weekly basis? As opposed to once every 2 years?

I think the rest of the playerbase would find it easier to swallow if the mini-forks teleported you straight into the battlefield, and upon exit drop you back at the taru in the town. That way, you can use the mini-forks as many times as you want, without abusing them for other purposes.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    There's very few reasons for anyone to keep going back to cloisters.
    Avatar acquisition. Evoker's ring quest. Waking the Beast quest.

I guess from the standpoint of helping others leech the wind at low levels to get them, but I'm pretty impartial to that. I had ls friends during my early days as smn who were willing to make that run to each cloister because they didn't want to do it on SMN. (RDM/NIN solo or duo with another LS mate was just as effective back then.)
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast