Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Magian Trial +Dmg Occ. Attck Twice Scythe :)

I'm a casual player; not in a full time or even part time event linkshell... I recently completed my PUP Relic +2 augmented gear...since I tend to use Pup/thf in dynamis CoP zones to make money (I generally get about 1mil per day from a solo run)... I use the gil to fund my personal solo adventures...which have been as of yet:

Getting PUP relic +2 to full augmentation (which I just recently completed) and I'm VERY VERY happy with the set. Now I'm completing BST relic +2, (not augmented yet)... I'm 4/5 +2 monster just waiting to get the +1 monster trousers from the NPC this upcoming sunday to finish those to +2, then I'll work on augmenting them via Dynamis, but to the purpose of this post:

I've always been interested in the Magian Scythe (+dmg, Occ attck twice)... but have been a little hesitant to take on Verthrandi... I've seen no testimonies about successful solos' and most people don't do Urd/Skuld runs, even with shouts... so I decided: I'm gonna solo the entire trial from beginning to end.

As I write this I'm not quite finished but this is my current progress:

Trial 512: Barbastelle x3 (completed)
    Trial 513: Ah Puch x3 (completed)
    Trial 514: Donggu x3 (completed)
    Trial 520: Arcana x400 (249 remaining)
    Trial 521: Hippogryphs x300 (300 remaining)
    Trial 522: Trade.Eye of Verthandi x10 (8/10 storage)
    Trial 1456: Trade.Manananggal's Necklet x10 (10/10 storage)
    Trial 1466: Trade.Mictlantecuhtli's Habit x20 (20/20 storage)
    Trial 2042: Trade.Daybreak Souls x30 (30/30 storage)
    Trial 2445: Trade.Increscent Shade x50 (50/50 storage)
    Trial 2878: Trade.Silver Mirror x150 (150/150 storage)
    Trial 3341: Trade.Riftsand x150 (150/150 storage)

I'm excited because I didn't expect this trial to be as easy as it has been so far. I wanted share this experience since many may think some of these weapons are outside their grasp. This is proof that the magian scythe +dmg path occ attack twice can be effectively solo'd and within a fair reasonable period of time. I started this path about a week ago..and I'm almost done.. solo using a combination of PUP and BST.

^.^/ Just need to wrap of the last few Eyes, then it's just getting the rest of the kills which are easy prey.

I have 4 mains I focus on... PUP, BST, SCH and DRK (as FYI)... I'm 5/5 Entropy, not Resolution... I'm impartial to the scythe weapon on my DRK. That's the reason why I'm focusing on getting the weapon completed.

DRK is a fun job to me; and I've always adored it's concept. During VW runs I generally go Scholar or switch out to PUP (there's no shortage of DDs).
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Ok. dfgsfgddfgs
    (2)

I've heard from a few different people that the proc% on the OAT Scythe is rather low. I went with the Dbl Atk scythe path for that reason.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Cool story bro.
    (1)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Proc rate is fine 45%ish i rememebr the post that parsed it you prolly got it confused with oa2-4 which 3 and 4 rates are low.

Anyway as a weapon it's prolly the best Scythe after Mythic and Relic and works pretty much like the OAT greatsword.

As a scythe it's great and when i was using it (before i had 95 ragna) it seemed to be on par with 90 cala or close enough for it not to matter (outside VW and Abyssea) saying that 99 Oat GSD is better ect ect.
    (1)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    you prolly got it confused with oa2-4 which 3 and 4 rates are low
    Indeed I did.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    I'm a casual player; not in a full time or even part time event linkshell... I recently completed my PUP Relic +2 augmented gear...since I tend to use Pup/thf in dynamis CoP zones to make money (I generally get about 1mil per day from a solo run)... I use the gil to fund my personal solo adventures...which have been as of yet:

Getting PUP relic +2 to full augmentation (which I just recently completed) and I'm VERY VERY happy with the set. Now I'm completing BST relic +2, (not augmented yet)... I'm 4/5 +2 monster just waiting to get the +1 monster trousers from the NPC this upcoming sunday to finish those to +2, then I'll work on augmenting them via Dynamis, but to the purpose of this post:

I've always been interested in the Magian Scythe (+dmg, Occ attck twice)... but have been a little hesitant to take on Verthrandi... I've seen no testimonies about successful solos' and most people don't do Urd/Skuld runs, even with shouts... so I decided: I'm gonna solo the entire trial from beginning to end.

As I write this I'm not quite finished but this is my current progress:

Trial 512: Barbastelle x3 (completed)
    Trial 513: Ah Puch x3 (completed)
    Trial 514: Donggu x3 (completed)
    Trial 520: Arcana x400 (249 remaining)
    Trial 521: Hippogryphs x300 (300 remaining)
    Trial 522: Trade.Eye of Verthandi x10 (8/10 storage)
    Trial 1456: Trade.Manananggal's Necklet x10 (10/10 storage)
    Trial 1466: Trade.Mictlantecuhtli's Habit x20 (20/20 storage)
    Trial 2042: Trade.Daybreak Souls x30 (30/30 storage)
    Trial 2445: Trade.Increscent Shade x50 (50/50 storage)
    Trial 2878: Trade.Silver Mirror x150 (150/150 storage)
    Trial 3341: Trade.Riftsand x150 (150/150 storage)

I'm excited because I didn't expect this trial to be as easy as it has been so far. I wanted share this experience since many may think some of these weapons are outside their grasp. This is proof that the magian scythe +dmg path occ attack twice can be effectively solo'd and within a fair reasonable period of time. I started this path about a week ago..and I'm almost done.. solo using a combination of PUP and BST.

^.^/ Just need to wrap of the last few Eyes, then it's just getting the rest of the kills which are easy prey.

I have 4 mains I focus on... PUP, BST, SCH and DRK (as FYI)... I'm 5/5 Entropy, not Resolution... I'm impartial to the scythe weapon on my DRK. That's the reason why I'm focusing on getting the weapon completed.

DRK is a fun job to me; and I've always adored it's concept. During VW runs I generally go Scholar or switch out to PUP (there's no shortage of DDs).
    oat scythe with a solid entropy build is very good.

oat gsword with 5/5 resolution pulls ahead in damage

both are solid choices, covered by other peeps, if you don't wish to do relic
    (0)