Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Ooo... those weaponskills look pretty. I'm sure we'll see skills for the other weapons as well (hint, hint). Since I'm levelling Thief and Dancer, the dagger skill is of particular interest. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
    (0)

Could this be the new WS for DNC to make ternary flourish useful?
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    New animation + worse WS?

Empyrean/Relic WS + old tired crap animation?

. . .Seems like something should be switched.

I hope these WS's blow relic and empyrean out of the water, and I have both.
    (2)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    GK looks like a 1hit (OR 8 hit with 3 higher ftp hits?! Doubt. Probably just a new Gekko.)
    Archery looks like a 4hit (or 4x dmg like sidewinder)
    Scythe looks like a 1hit (entropy? attack or defense down. Hopefully something more interesting like increased damage dealt on the target by all physical damage!)
    Dagger looks like a 1hit

Ofcourse these could just be the 'ftp hit' and could have follow up hits or hits before this animation.

I've always thought that FFXI had the best animations for their abilities, particularly WS's. Glad to see these meet expectations! Let's just hope damage isn't silly or useless.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    My dream would be that to have QUESTS, with characters, text to read, maybe some cutscenes as well.
    I mean, we're talking about the hyper mega uber FINAL weapon skill, we won't get any other after these.

What leads you to this conclusion? Just because we'll hit the new "permanent" cap doesn't mean they can't continue to give us new spells, JA, and WS as time goes on.
    (0)

Character
    Halycon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Here's to hoping the scythe WS is good. ._.;
    (4)

So what 1500 items will I need to collect to unlock these WS?

@Halycon.
    *slaps* are you awake yet? No?
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    I hope these WS's blow relic and empyrean out of the water, and I have both.
    I dunno, as I explained before I think it's a bit of a blind alley.
    If they make them too weak/useless, then what's the point? Nobody (almost) would care, and it would feel like a waste honestly.
    If they make them too strong it might make some relics/mythics/empys feel like a waste, we would be back to the old level 75 situation of many of those weapons, where wielders were using WS to pop aftermath, and then spamming another "normal" WS.

They need to make these WS strong but not too much. That's that they need to do, probably, but it won't be an easy task, and it will make the gap between "relic/mythic/empy" and "normal weapons" more narrow than it is now. This will make some of us happy... and then some other unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    What leads you to this conclusion? Just because we'll hit the new "permanent" cap doesn't mean they can't continue to give us new spells, JA, and WS as time goes on.
    They are called "final WS" in the jp text, and they were called this way even when presented long time ago.
    Of course, the fact that they are making them with "final" in mind now, doesn't mean they'll change their thoughts in, say, 5 months. Nobody can tell of course
    But as of now, as far as we know, they are planning those with the concept "final" in mind. D:
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    I am back from a nice Thanksgiving break where I ate way too much, and I have some goodies for you all!

I have a couple of images of some of the new weapon skills that will be implemented. They look pretty impressive if I do say so myself Once all the testing has been finalized, we’ll be putting them onto the test server for you all to try out.

Without further ado...

Great Katana:
    Tachi Shoha

Attachment 1001

Archery:
    Apex Arrow

Attachment 1002

Scythe:
    Entropy

Attachment 1003

Dagger:
    Exenterator

Attachment 1004

*Please note that the English weapon skill names have not yet been finalized and are subject to change.
    can you guys please post a video of these? dosent have to be a perfect video or anything.. id love to see the full animations
    (0)

Character
    Halycon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    @Elexia One can hope can they not? :<
    (0)

Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast