Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Character
    Veratos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    My heart goes out to everyone in Japan, I wish there was more I could personally do to assist and help with the relief efforts but all I can do for now is pray for everyone in the affected areas, I was also surprised FFXI wasn't closed down sooner so I say well done to SE for managing to keep everything running as long as they did and hopefully we will once again be able to join our friends from around the world and share adventures in Vana'diel.

And I also agree that all the players that seem to think servers should stay up should go play WoW or something. Heartless people are not welcome imo.

Good luck to SE, their families and everyone affected by these events.
    (0)

First off as with most people around the world our hearts and prayers are with the people of Japan during this horrible tragedy.

Having said that I think SE should use this week off for more then saving energy. I have a couple ideas on how they could contribute more to helping the people below. If you read these and agree please say so or list other things you think and maybe SE will follow thru with one of them.

1) Allow people the option to opt into paying the service fees, the proceeds would then go to families of the deceased and displaced.

2) Have an in game item for sale (either set price or a donation of at least X amount of dollars) This item would have no stats just show some sort of dedication to those effected by the disaster. Again all proceeds would then go to families of the deceased and displaced.

Either one or two would be great but would be even better if SE would match proceeds raised.

Thats all I have.

Again our hearts and prayers are with you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mattis; 03-13-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Typing errors

My heart goes out to Japan. I can understand all FFXI and FFXIV members are feeling the same towards this devistation.

I know its wrong to advertise (reading T&C) but please everyone try help to get Japan back up and donate as little as you can to the following website: http://www.redcross.org.uk/Donate-No...Tsunami-Appeal

I can asure you, this is 100% safe and secure. This is not a fraud activity.

http://www.redcross.org.uk/Donate-No...Tsunami-Appeal

I only have found the donations that are taking place in the UK. I have no idea about else where, please google and find the most safe & secure website.

Thank you SE!

Yours Truly

Shaj - Bahamut
    (0)

WOW what a douche...

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrion View Post
    This will upset a lot of people and i am one of them, hope your feed back center is ready to work double over time.. and i hope when a quake hits North America you shut down the game again just to see the response from are friends over the ocean
    Plus 1,000,000,000 Dick points to this guy...

My condolences to the people of Japan...
    (0)

Character
    Shinshi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbrion View Post
    This will upset a lot of people and i am one of them, hope your feed back center is ready to work double over time.. and i hope when a quake hits North America you shut down the game again just to see the response from are friends over the ocean
    I'm just stunned by this insensitive post....

Also SE did not shut down the servers because japan got hit by an earthquake alone as you indicate. Neither would they if America got hit by one.
    The notes say it as well as the news, the servers were shut down to save electricity necessary to operate hospitals and such.
    11 of about 50 nuclear power plants in Japan shut down during the quake, and a power plant can´t just be activated within a few secons through a switch.
    The major operator Tepco announced to be only able to supply 31 mil kW of electricity as oposed to usually 41 mil kW.
    That´s roughly a 25% loss, and even the japanese gouvernment asked of companies to SAVE POWER whereever possible.

People are dying in Japan and if the supplied electricity can contribute to help even one person over there, it´s already well worth it!
    (0)

that SE should compensate us as the players in some way shape or form.
    WHY?!

now if SE were to donate.... lets say.... a substantial ammount of money (substantial ammount meaning at least 5% of the costs to repair the damage done to japan), then i would totaly be ok with letting my scrip fees go to them without getting service, as it would be helping (so verry slightly, but still helping) japan get back on its feet.
    OMG you are soooooo stupid if SE payed that much they would go bankrupt... TWICE...

5) what se will cop-out and do: An apology letter. (highly possible).
    Your Asking a victim of a disaster to take responsibility... dick...

Think before you talk. ill forgive you tho cause this is more ignorance than ill-will.
    (0)

Character
    Ereilavak
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    My prayers are with you all japanese friends,i would really like to help in some ways so i'm asking: Is it possible to use the april fee for helping the people?Can Square enix make it real?If not please,all the people here with a heart would really like to know how they can help even with a small act.

Thank you and hold on.
    (0)

Character
    Kiltra
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    My condolences to all the people in Japan who have suffered this horrible Quake, truly very tragic, i don't know how people can make such horrible comments like what "Umbrion" posted, like what others have said imagine if that had happened to your area, would you still be making stupid comments like that? I highly doubt that.

Kilcullen, EU player.
    (0)

by the way I am quite sure that this disaster will be so expensive... that many companies might just shut down or at the very least be forced to cancel or indefinitely postpone project they were working on... (i.e. anime and video game companies among others.) Japan will probably have to borrow money from other countries such as China. the disaster will cost Billlions and billions and the local economy will flop. japanese people will be spending a lot less money on things like anime and video games so all such companies will be hurting cause they prepare for international sales based of local sales most of the time... if any one cant sympathize with japan an and the companies based there, they can just go crawl into a hole and die.
    (0)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    My thoughts, prayers and best wishes go out to the people of Japan. As much as we love FFXI its a game, I am happy to not play for however long is needed so the people of Japan have enough power. I have lived through 2 natural disasters, an earthquake and a f4 tornado in which 250 houses in my town were destroyed, including my sisters. It make you value life and appreciate what matters, I will support SE no matter how long the servers are down. I would be happy to donate my April membership fee to the earthquake fund, but I am sure that would be complicated. I will look for the red cross links being posted.
    (0)
    Last edited by Siiri; 03-13-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: typo

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast