Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The developers have no true concept how to make the players happy if they won't add a simple spell such as Shell V to the Paladin's white magic list.

Square Enix Final Fantasy XI Development Team, give me some solid feedback. Give me five solid reasons why you cannot and will not give them this spell.
    (1)

Player
    1. Pld doesn't need it
    2. Bring an actual healer if Pld needs it
    3. If fighting something you don't need an actual healer for, Pld doesn't need it
    4. See number 1
    5. Did I mention Pld doesn't need it already?
    (5)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Its up there with giving everyone but whm higher cure spells despite the fact cure iv gives a disproportionately low cure at this point in time.
    If it wasn't for my whm account I couldnt tank anything on pld because cure iv would never keep me alive after I take a monster's weapon skill...
    (1)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Player
    That sounds like a personal problem and not a Paladin one imo.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Thala View Post
    This isn't exactly the most devastating news. I don't remember the last time I had PLD in a party with a job that didn't have Shell V. But...why? I can't come up with any logical or balancing reason as to why PLD should not get the spell at 99...
    Capping MDT with an Aegis and Shell V, stupid, but this is probably SE's logic.
    (0)

Player
    You could do that without Shell V with Aegis.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Capping MDT with an Aegis and Shell V, stupid, but this is probably SE's logic.
    Aegis actually ignores (and is independent of) the MDT cap if I'm not mistaken.
    (0)

Player
    I'm fairly certain he's aware of that; what I was referring to is capping Magic damage taken for Aegis only (you can't go to 100% and I've heard conflicting reports; it either caps at -87.5% or -90% damage taken, either one is doable by Pld with Shell IV).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvinta View Post
    The developers have no true concept how to make the players happy if they won't add a simple spell such as Shell V to the Paladin's white magic list.
    IMO there's no FULL way to make players happy....in fact i don't even know why people think that every time someone isn't happy with something that it needs to be changed...

Like others have said they don't "need" it......that's what healer jobs are for..... partially....

They tend to have their reasons behind their actions whether we agree with them or not....
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    I'm fairly certain he's aware of that; what I was referring to is capping Magic damage taken for Aegis only (you can't go to 100% and I've heard conflicting reports; it either caps at -87.5% or -90% damage taken, either one is doable by Pld with Shell IV).
    Assuming lvl 99 will be 50% on Aegis wouldn't that only make 71%? That said gear would allow it to go higher anyway.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast