Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player

Ideas for DRG updates

1) Change the formula of Elemental Breath to only factor in MAX HP, like Healing Breath instead of Current HP. It's unreasonable to keep the Wyvern at maximum HP for high Elemental breath numbers. Instead make the ACCURACY of Elemental breath depend on wyvern current HP instead of its potency.

2) Give Wyverns the same -50% PDT that Avatars have. Aren't dragon scales/skin supposed to be one of the most durable things in Fantasy games? If not that, give Wyverns like 3 or 4 tiers of Stout Servant. Avatars take 50% less physical damage but they are resummonable at a very low cost, Wyverns have low HP and are a 20 minute recast.

3) Cap the amount of HP Spirit Link uses to heal your Wyvern such that the amount of HP Spirit Link takes from the Dragoon can NEVER exceed how much the Wyvern is healed by. The current Spirit Link formula will eat 400-500 HP from the Dragoon even if the Wyvern is at 99% HP. If I want to change to Wyvern HP gear and Spirit Link 150 HP for my next Smiting Breath, I don't want to sacrifice 400-700of my own HP to heal 150 of my Wyvern's. Normally Spirit Link multiplies the amount of HP it takes and adds to the Wyvern such that if you have 2HP you can still Spirit Link for like 70-100, but it's lame if the wyvern is 999/1000 HP and you SL to heal 1 HP but lose 600 HP.

4) Make Restoring Breath targetable. It's so annoying that Restoring Breath activates on the Wyvern, then the AI heals the person in your party with the lowest Current/Max HP ratio. If I'm in a party and the RDM converts and the party gets hit with an AoE Restoring Breath will target the RDM instead of a melee. Since the RDM's out of range the skill fails and I have to wait 60 seconds. Let us target party members with it so it isn't wasted.

5) "Soothing Breath"- Commands your wyvern to remove a status ailment. Removes Poison/Blind/Paralyze on target party member.

6) During Spirit Surge, allow Spirit Jump and Soul Jump to be enhanced as if the Wyvern is still alive. Since we fuse with the wyvern, there's no reason why these two Jumps should be weaker than Jump/High jump. Also add secondary enhanced effects to these jumps during Spirit Surge. Jump adds Def Down, High Jump erases all TP and Super Jump negates 50% of the enmity of the person behind you. Add cool effects to the new Jumps too.

7) Pommel Bash- Delivers an attack that can stun the target. Requires a Polearm. Seriously the other 3 Knight classes have a 'bash' 'circle' and 'killer' 'breaker' ability but we still lack a 'bash' move that stuns.

8 ) Make another JA besides Spirit Surge that incorporates the 'Holy Crest'. Seriously the whole Holy Crest thing was a HUGE plot point in the DRG quest and it's almost completely ignored in our skill set.
    (10)

Player
    I really like these ideas. They aren't unrealistic either in my opinion, and I know I've wished for some similar updates to dragoon akin to the ones you've posted up (namely a dragoon stun ability, though I imagined it to be a type of jump personally).

What do you imagine as an ability for your 8th suggestion though?
    (0)

Burmecia | DRG | COR | SMN | NIN | PLD | SAM | BRD | RDM |

Character
    Crystalweapon
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 96
    /agree. I was actually thinking about the whole defense idea you had when I read over the other thread about aoe's wiping wyverns. These are actually really decent ideas for improving the job.
    (0)

Character
    Zigzagzig
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    /Agreed too , nice ideas there , and really hope Se will look into this.

All are usefull, and so few as been done last few years to improve our Pet, please SE <3
    (1)

Player
    For the 8th suggestion I was thinking of something like an AoE Attack Speed Boost that stacks with other haste and just provides a free 5-10% attack speed bonus without affecting TP gain like Hasso for players in range. It could last 30 seconds like Conspirator/Warcry/Blood Rage/Rampart with a 5 minute recast.
    (1)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    love the ideas and ill add a few. throw in a bad breath type attack for the wyvern, make "strafe" increase breath potency (i.e. 10%/merit, seems like a lot but your 200 flame breath would only go up to 300 with maxed merits/370 w/right gear and maybe a decent 600+ when u have DB ready). as far as accuracy goes they rarely do much more damage because of the natural weakness of the wyverns breath attack.
    and sure smiting is once a minute, but the natural delay to u and your wyvern along with it being as weak as a regular wyvern attack makes no reason to use it.
    (0)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Im also going to throw in replacing the "food effect" bonus on empyrean body armor given to wyvern. I see this as pretty lame and really never use food anymore. This is where there could be a "Wyvern HP +20%, Damage Taken -25%, Dragoon PDT -20%, Enhances Wyvern Breath (HB4,EBII)" or even adds regen 10/tic and regain 5/tic effects to wyvern

Actually gives me an idea. Wyvern could really use a regain passive trait that goes up with levels 1/tic more per 20 levels so 1/tic at lvl 1, 2 at 20, 3 at 40, 4 at 60, and 5 at 80+
    (0)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    1) This is something that not many people even acknowledge, one of those small tweaks that can make a HUGE difference.

2) DRG should be able to call their wyvern every 10 minutes. That 20 minute recast timer might have been a HUGE improvement back when it was originally their 2 hour ability. But wyvern are able to die a LOT more easily now. A DRG has to kill themselves to keep their wyvern alive so that they can utilize their new jumps AND keep up with the damage that other jobs are putting out. Without a wyvern, most DRG are useless. Especially with the new jumps.

3) That is something that I have always hated about the Spirit Link ability. I generally have to ask a mage to fully heal me so that I can Spirit Link, then get fully healed, again. Redundant much?

4) It's also an issue that if you use this and the monster dies before it gets pulled off, the ability "fizzles." Which can make or break a live or dead DRG.

5) Only downfall here is you can be paralyzed when using it, and so can your wyvern if they have paralyze on them as well. So you get to have two times to hope that it gets pulled off without being paralyzed. That could prove to be incredibly annoying.

6) That is something that they should have thought of right from the release of the new jumps. It just makes sense.

7) No, we get Leg Sweep... Yeah, I am kind of embarrassed that I said that.

8 ) What's "Holy Crest?"

I know I have heard about it for years, and there are .dat mods that people have for PC already, where you can change your wyverns color. This just makes sense. You can change the name, why not color? Make it official already, even if you have to do a stupid quest for it, I know I would. Puppetmasters can change the color/equipment of their automatons. And why is it that your wyvern never grows up, even a little? Why not make DRG transform into a dragon like creature when they use their 2 hour. They are supposed to merge together, right?

And make the 2 hour abilities last longer for DRG, if you are not going to reset the recast timer for "Call Wyvern," at least make the 2 hour a little more worth it.

Scenario: I just got into a party, one of the noobs just aggroed a bunch of mobs, I know I can take them, but I have to 2 hour to save my life.

GREAT! I survived...

Now my wyvern is gone for another 15 minutes...

Was it worth it? Yes, I didn't die. But I might as well have a 15 minute weakened status on me.

EDIT: And what is up with Healing Breath III? You learn it at level 40... And that's it. That is the best curing ability you get from your wyvern? Comparable to a Cure III, even being able to cast it repeatedly at level 90 with Restoring Breath, you gave DRG a Cure III with a 60 second recast timer at level 90. Try saying that out loud, because I know it may have sounded good on paper, but when you say it out loud, it just sounds insulting.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wolfe; 03-15-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Forgot about Healing Breath III
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

Quote Originally Posted by Anucris View Post
    Im also going to throw in replacing the "food effect" bonus on empyrean body armor given to wyvern. I see this as pretty lame and really never use food anymore. This is where there could be a "Wyvern HP +20%, Damage Taken -25%, Dragoon PDT -20%, Enhances Wyvern Breath (HB4,EBII)" or even adds regen 10/tic and regain 5/tic effects to wyvern

Actually gives me an idea. Wyvern could really use a regain passive trait that goes up with levels 1/tic more per 20 levels so 1/tic at lvl 1, 2 at 20, 3 at 40, 4 at 60, and 5 at 80+
    You don't use food? I love the adds food effect to wyvern. I use food almost all the time.
    (0)

I love your idea of soothing breath! On the other hand there could be an enfeebling breath such as malboros : Bad Breath!
    (0)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast