Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bjoern
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Staff skill and Red Mage

My friends in game have been hearing me rant on this topic for years, so here it is.
    A mage that has no staff skill? Ommited? Unreasonable?

For a long while we've relied on these weapons to boost our magical ability, but what's the hard in even a low grade skill in these, our bread and butter.....
    (0)

Are you planning on meleeing with staves or something?
    (1)

Player
    What is Rdm going to do with staff skill? Staff weaponskills are pretty much junk for damage in the first place.
    (0)

The only real advantage to giving RDM staff skill is for triggering Blue/Red WS's and thats IF SE grants us the ability to use the important ones. Besides, your swapping out staves constantly so tp build is usually non-exsistant, and most of the good staves are still subpar compared to other 2h weapons.

I suppose on the longshot chance you were tanking, using a -damage setup where you could spam Spirit Taker for MP, it might give some justification for Staff skill bearing in mind it would be a situational scenario.
    (2)
    Last edited by Swords; 03-13-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Player
    Would be awesome for tanking - oh I just made myself sad.
    (0)

Player
    tanking, you're kidding right? use 10% pdt sword and genbu's shield. It's easy to get 50% pdt with that, darksteel armor, umbra cape, and twilight torque. You actually can do damage with your sword and possibly even block a few hits. With stave you're doing jack, even if you were to get the WSs. And if you're tanking (blood tanking anyway) you'll probably be /war, /pld, or /blu and so you can do Sanguine (which can do a LOT of damage if you quickly macro in nuking type of armor). If you're /nin... you probably don't need to worry about pdt. Either way... as mentioned before, only reason rdm needs staff skill is for procing blu/red !!
    (0)

Character
    Goredeck
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't really have a problem with Red Mage having no staff skill. The only thing that really bugs me is the fact that Red Mage has magian trial for staff. Since RDM doesn't have any skill in staff I don't see the point. I would have rather seen Sword and Dagger trials for RDM. At least RDM has skill in Dagger.
    (0)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    ... the point being that the staves destroy the previous champions and enhance RDM's best assets?
    (1)
    This is Sakurawr, not Raen D:

staves enhance versatility?
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    You do know RDM is the magic swordsman, right?
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast