Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emp Axe

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    You have no cloudsplitter set and you are not paying attention.

Cloudsplitter has both str and mnd mods at a higher rate than rend's chr mod. Also the tp modifiers are higher, even though 100% is a little lower. and Cloudsplitter has Aftermath.
    1 STR/MND adds 1.5 damage to cloudsplitter. 1 CHR adds 3.3 damage to primal rend. Primal is always stronger because of it, since you would have to get your STR and MND together to more than 2.2 times larger than your CHR.

In normal melee gear (which has a lot more STR and MND than CHR, thanks to the fact that it's 2 stats vs 1) Primal Rend does more.

In MAB gear and STR/MND for Cloudsplitter and CHR for primal, Primal rend does more damage than cloudsplitter.

With elemental WS atmas, Ultimate/Lion/Blinding horn for cloudsplitter, and Ultimate/Beyond/Baying moon for primal rend, primal rend does more.

Perhaps while brewing cloudsplitter might do a little more due to 2 maxed out 999 mods compared to 1, (though with no dINT comparison, I doubt it) but killing 3 nm's at the same time with aoelian edge beats using a stronger WS anyway. In any other situation, primal rend is stronger.

And aftermath doesn't exist. Do you know how many times I've gone the entire duration without it procing a single time? 30 second duration, with only a 30% proc rate, and only on the mainhand is negligible. It doesn't even make up the lost damage from rampage, much less beat it.
    The 1200+ rampages outside abyssea are not on anything close to an even match. if you want anything EM or higher, Your rampages will not often break 800. They certainly don't AVERAGE 1200. Whereas the magical WS will be consistent.
    Yes, and your normal hits are doing far less damage as well, so the double damage procs do far less damage. The numbers remain unchanged. Rampage always win, by a mile. If cloudsplitter is winning for you, I'm going to have to say your rampage gear is terrible.

Believe me, I tried for weeks to convince myself I didn't just waste months of effort getting a farsha, but I did. There is no set up inside or outside abyssea where cloudsplitter is more useful.
    (4)
    Last edited by Louispv; 11-01-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Character
    Stabbytabby
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    May as well throw in one last try begging SE to fix my Farsha...it seems like it's sad now and with the way elemental ws are calculated there'll be minimal increase in its power compared to the other jobs' physical ws.

Add the aftermath to pet, throw on some dCHR or dINT or whatever. I know it seems to be some kind of SE 'thing' to troll BSTs, but, come on. Show some pity on a job you've seen fit to give both a feeble emp ws to and an army of feeble defense-oriented pets to.
    (1)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I have a Cloudsplitter set and truthfully Rampage is where it's at for this Axe. The only time this WS really shines is when you pop a brew.
    (2)

Character
    Lalandra
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    With friend braggin about how many coins he farms solo in Dynamis now, sounds like I should work on my Relic axe more. Though i've already started my Emp axe, so still be good even if just a offhand weapon wouldn't it?
    (0)

Character
    Vizardx
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Farsha wouldnt make a very good offhand axe, a Double attack or a 2-4 axe or even a pet or STR/ATK axe off hand would do more for u than offhanding farsha
    (0)

Basically if you don't already have a farsha don't make one, and if you fell for SE's trap and made one already just wear it around like a piece of jewelry. People will think your cool or pity you. I guess that one is kind of a double edged sword <_<.

hmm... maybe I'm being too harsh. cloudsplitter+aftermath does beat rampage one-handed. Soo if you sub non duel-welding jobs its a good weapon...

Oh god i just thought about the people that made the WOE cloudsplitter axe. SE should give them a free month as an apology to them.
    (1)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

Quote Originally Posted by Areola View Post
    Basically if you don't already have a farsha don't make one, and if you fell for SE's trap and made one already just wear it around like a piece of jewelry. People will think your cool or pity you. I guess that one is kind of a double edged sword <_<.
    This does actually strike me as a little harsh. WS aside, this is still a very good main hand axe. Worth making from scratch? Probably not. But if you do already have it there aren't many main hand axes that can stand up to this one. It's got a very high base damage, plus the str on it can benefit Rampage as well as cloudsplitter. The mnd on it can assist your rewards, during scenarios where you'd rather not dump your TP to switch to a zoraal ja.

I'm no less sad at how underwhelming the WS is. But I'm not particularly sorry for making my axe either.
    (0)

Character
    Vizardx
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    I think Farsha was built around the 2005~ BST era. where ppl subed mage jobs and used axe/shield. Farsha would be pretty nice if every BST still subed rdm and used farsha/shield. also calamity has a small point, if u get monster feet+2 and they do give 30% reward u could drop 1 zoraal ja's axe for that extra +MND
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Fact is, many of us farsha owners were hoping against hope that SE might see fit to improve this sad WS. Our hopes however were dashed, possibly forever by official word from SE that under the most silly, obscure circumstances (inside abyssea, with all 3 of our atmas aimed specifically at cloudsplitter, with 300% tp, an ascetics drink, perfect MAB build, etc, etc, that it could rake in a whopping 4k dmg, and was therefor powerful enough and in no need of improvement. So the sad truth is not only is it now a fairly useless ws, it seems like it will never see better days.
    That's a point I been making about the new ws, they actually do more damage then some empyreans and keep pace with others. It's another insult from SE, why waste your time doing nay empyreans unless you are gearing all 20 jobs and need the empyreans for jobs you can't use your 3 fully merited easy to lol get ws with merits. Not that empyreans are back breaking to get, they still require far more effort to acquire and cahnces are no perle sam bst is running around with cloud splitter, but a perle bst will out damage you with the new sympothy ws for bst if your using an empyrean with cloud splitter. It's retarded. Reward the hard workers, nah, just gve everyone a ws that out performs empyreans and call it a day. I understand, if 5 years after empyreans they want the rest to catch up, but come on, the empyreans just came out and they are being outclassed, wtf are these people in SE doing? I tought they wanted people building empyreqans as a time sink, not just saying why bother if I can casually xp my jobs and skill up and while I'm doing that save merits for ws that are just as good if not better than empyrean. The expansions came out too fast and so did the level caps come out too fast and too late, and now they blow through new contenet which makes stuff outdated the minute you aquire it. I want an add-on too, but slow it down, or release gear that isn't replaced in six months, don't have people doing empyrean magian trails get the same results as the casual player (saying, oh empyrean gets aftermath is the dumbest answer I've hear, to distinguish two ws from each other and say that aftermath seperates then is &%#), reward vs. performance, balance vs. power, where is this?
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 12-09-2011 at 05:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Vizardx
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    People should have known this was going to happen. IMO everything from 80 to 95 was all just Filler content, just like in anime's. Just something to keep u interested while they work on the real stuff. Pretty soon we are gonna go back to sidegrades and Just-A-Tad better gear once the 99 content starts getting released. Just my opinion tho.

As for Emps being Out classed you dont know what the 99 upgrade holds for emp it may have a nice WS boost hidden in there, I know I wanted to pull my hair out doing Onslaught trials because the WS was so pathetic but now at 95 its all I use outside of aby. Maybe Emps will get similar treatment.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast