Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    Cura isn't a reward for meleeing, or an encouragement, it's just stupid.
    On that note, if Afflatus Misery is really made to encourage melee (I don't think it strictly is, it is based on some weird wanna be tank mentality of getting hurt, or some wannabe Dark Knight ability of getting hurt) then the best way to augment the Cura/Banish charge would be to make it based on the last damage you dealt (including weapon skills!). This would be a lot more logical, since it would reward something White Mages might want to do (go Clubbin') instead of something White Mages generally don't want to do (get hit).

Of course, this all ignores the Sacrifice/Esuna combo, but honestly, if Esuna is all that Misery is good for, then SE might as well remove Misery and make Esuna work at full power all the time.
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Agreed - it'd be nice if SE could really have a shakeup with the stances and have them be an asset rather than an annoyance. There's so much potential to tweek things a little bit without making them overpowered.

Give Solace a real backline feel by fixing things like hMP, regen and self-target AoE (party target please...) and Misery a proper front-line application by giving it things like an incremental boost to self-target haste based on WS damage to go with Auspice or TP bonuses to MP recovery WS. Tie Cura potency into Solace stored healing power (Holy is nice but Cura would be nicer) as well as Misery stored WS damage power, remove Esuna's absurd restrictions (and make it party targettable with Solace)... these things wouldn't be broken but they would be much more fun.
    (0)

Player
    I personally use to use misery a lot, especially in salvage verse 1k needles boss when I was in the AoE fray. Incredible mp saver. But the only point of the cura was to save mp and we really dont need to anymore. The only time I find myself using misery outside of enhancing auspice is misery is the occasional accidental 1k banish II out of my ass while helping a friend with his light staff in abyssea. Personally I prefer them to wait until the dust settles on reformatting end game then have them adjust for an era that might only last until the next big end game event.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2