Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Or set it to always be off.
    You can't permanently disable it on 64-bit windows. You have to either hammer the F8 key and manually turn it off, install a boot sector program that automates this which can cause problems with system updates (which is why I stopped doing this) or put your system in Test Mode and provide a fake driver signature (this is used by developers for driver development) which puts a "Test Mode" watermark in the lower right corner of the desktop.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Either way though telling most general users to disable signed device driver is a bad idea. The general public should not do this at all.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Either way though telling most general users to disable signed device driver is a bad idea. The general public should not do this at all.
    32-bit Vista/Win7 doesn't enforce driver signing. 64-bit windows should allow you to make exceptions for specific drivers. The end result of enforced driver signatures is that only companies that can afford to pay the yearly license can make Windows drivers that work without disabling driver signature enforcement.
    (0)

Player
    FFXI prisoner of the old system...
    (0)
    SMN90 BLM90 WHM90 RDM85 ~ MNK75 PLD75
    Forum Storm FFXI : http://www.storm-linkshell.com/ffxi/index.php5
    Forum Storm FFXIV : http://stormffxiv.monalliance.net/

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Personally I use a Logitech F510 Rumblepad, Works like a charm. Tried the 360 controller but had issues with it. The F510 works just like the playstation controller, when set up properly.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I like the 360 controller because it feels well made. 3rd party controllers (mostly logitech is what i've used) feel too light and wimpy. the 360 controller has a nice heft to it. Only thing I don't like about the 360 controller is the hat switch. always seems unresponsive for me (i've tried 3 different ones)
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Personally I use a Logitech F510 Rumblepad, Works like a charm. Tried the 360 controller but had issues with it. The F510 works just like the playstation controller, when set up properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    I like the 360 controller because it feels well made. 3rd party controllers (mostly logitech is what i've used) feel too light and wimpy. the 360 controller has a nice heft to it. Only thing I don't like about the 360 controller is the hat switch. always seems unresponsive for me (i've tried 3 different ones)
    Here's what I use to play FFXI:

(0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    feel too light and wimpy. the 360 controller has a nice heft to it.
    I would rather have a controller that feels light than one that has a "nice heft" to it. I'd rather be holding a bundle of feathers in my hands than a candlepin bowling ball.

@ above: ummm.... where are the buttons?
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I would rather have a controller that feels light than one that has a "nice heft" to it. I'd rather be holding a bundle of feathers in my hands than a candlepin bowling ball.

@ above: ummm.... where are the buttons?
    I agree, But the light controllers seem to wear out. 360 controllers just last longer than Logitech etc. It's also really nice to just be able to plug it in and charge it when I'm not playing, instead of swapping out batteries. I would probably use a PS3 controller, if I had a PS3. 360 control is semi-free though seeing as I use them for the console as well.

On a side note, that JP site where I downloaded the 360 drivers seems to be down ATM. I don't really see why a company like SE couldn't build their own driver and get it signed though.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuneo View Post
    I only agree as far as FPS's go. FFXI has the most retarded keyboard controls that I've ever seen in any game.
    Try the Compact keyboard layout. It gives you controls more like other PC games (WASD move, IJKL camera).
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast