Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    It's funny to think that back in the 75 days if you wanted to be an agent of chaos you'd run into a troll besieged and nuke Garfurlur with huge nukes as often as possible to make him regain a bunch of HP and anger a bunch of people that very likely would never have killed him.

Nowadays I've seen entire linkshells try to do it just to make sure he doesn't die.
    Well, they're trying to make sure it will be up later for them to fight at Halvung. Working as intended, I suppose....
    Not that I agree with the way that part of the game is set up but we have to adapt to whatever is thrown at us, no ? Fair game in a sense ... lol
    (1)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Lotta good solutions to this problem. The whole problem is caused by the level cap increase. Back in the 75 cap days, killing the Beastman leaders was almost unheard of. I remember you'd get dozens and dozens of people chipping away at one of them but never getting the guy below 95%. The only time I ever saw Gulool Ja Ja defeated during the 75 cap days was during a fight with 700 people in the zone. Nowadays with a level 99 cap and more common relic and empyrean weapons, the Beastmen leaders only seem to survive if the rest of the army retreats before the players get a chance to kill him or her.

So definitely either make the Beastman leaders stronger in Besieged, or decouple their Besieged death from their spawn at their home, or shorten their respawn to 1 hour, or make them force spawn, or whatever. But definitely not the status quo.
    You're probably talking about NA community ? I remember the VU they were introduced ; I was looking for the KI to get to the astral candy BCNM and checked many JPs with the title on them. This was well before mythic were introduced.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Maerwynn
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spawn timer reduction for Gulool Ja Ja, Gurfurlur the Menacing, and Medusa you say? In addition to these three baddies, we are actually looking into reducing the spawn time for all HNMs! The idea is to give you all more opportunities to fight these elusive, notorious enemies.
    More than 2 years later. It's impossible to see these NMs now, especially on siren. They keep getting killed in besieged. I've been standing around in the strongholds, waiting and waiting. Asking people to not kill these NMs in besieged doesn't work. Noone works together, everyone is just out for themselves in besieged. Please address this! I want to start my Mythic and I can't because of these Titles. Untie them from besieged! They're soloable in besieged so it only takes 1 person to reset the respawn time to 72 hours. I don't know if you've ever stared at a computer screen for 72 hours or not, but it's pretty brutal. Then 2 days into the window a new besieged pops up and it gets killed again. There's nothing challenging about this part of the mythic. Luck does not = challenge. Luck based content doesn't make the game fun or challenging, it makes it annoying. You want your players to stick around? Make the game fun with challenges not luck based trial and error, please.
    (5)

Player
    Agreed we need changes to these. I am making my RDM Mythic and I can not get these NMs, we should not be restricted to a post-update rush to attempt to get them as our only possible means in which to have a good chance at it, this issue, as well as the issue of Mythics being as difficult as they are in the first place with everything else you have to do, should not be an issue at this point, it should have been resolved by now!
    (1)

The spawn system for these HNMs is tied closely to the Besieged system, so it will take a little bit of time to accomplish; however, I just wanted to give you an update that these changes are still indeed planned! We’ll make an announcement at a later time as to the specific adjustment content as well as when it will be addressed.
    (16)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Gulool Ja Ja has to be the worst, but there's a way around it that a friendly player clued me in on: If he appears in Besieged (and here's the important bit) WHETHER HE'S DEFEATED OR NOT under the current game mechanics he will appear in Mamook precisely 1 hour after Besieged ends.

Over a period of three months, myself and friends camped him (behind his door) to no avail. One day I got lucky and the Mamool Ja attacked while I was able to play [read: not at work], I beat feet to Mamook and waited. Sure enough, exactly 1 hour later, whamo! He appeared with his retainers. Finally got my last Beast King kill - his chestplate will forever remain in my Storage as a trophy of the frustration he caused.

The other two are stupidly easy to get. Gurfurlur is nearly always up, as is Medusa - at least on Ragnarok. I'm not certain if the respawn mechanic is the same for them, as they were simple to check off my kill list.

Hope this helps anyone still trapped on "An Imperial Heist" - Good luck!
    (2)
    Last edited by Bardiel; 02-08-2014 at 01:46 AM.
    Man will occasionally stumble over the Truth, but most times he will pick himself up and carry on... - Winston Churchill

Player
    So in Bahamut Gulool Ja Ja was killed about three days ago JST 2230. Besiege popped today for Mamool Ja salvages a group including myself went out to his throne room and waited. Lv.1~4 No pop Lv.5~8 No pop an hour plus after the Besiege was over and still nothing. How long was this bad code implemented and why this hasn't been fixed a while ago. It doesnt feel good to waste hours camping something isn't going to pop when its suppose to. Wish I could get back the time I wasted standing there with nothing to punch ><

Let us farm a KI or the Keys actually triggering a BCNM or something to force pop this. Just horrible! And as horrible as this may be I have to still suck it up and go back there when I can and hope the SE gods give back the life to JAJA so that I can enjoy taking it away.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    The spawn system for these HNMs is tied closely to the Besieged system, so it will take a little bit of time to accomplish; however, I just wanted to give you an update that these changes are still indeed planned! We’ll make an announcement at a later time as to the specific adjustment content as well as when it will be addressed.
    Maybe you guys are overcomplicating this? Just forget about the current spawn system, and leave it as is. On top of that, put a duplicate of each of these NMs in some other spot elsewhere in their respective zones, but make these new ones force pop. Allow killing either version to give you the title you need for your Mythic.
    (4)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Maybe you guys are overcomplicating this? Just forget about the current spawn system, and leave it as is. On top of that, put a duplicate of each of these NMs in some other spot elsewhere in their respective zones, but make these new ones force pop. Allow killing either version to give you the title you need for your Mythic.
    A very simple solution, just gotta figure out these things:

The item needed to pop them
    Where to get the item
    Where to put the pop site
    (0)

Player
    I just cant... I have ADHD only with this game. I felt like I wasted my monthly payment just waiting on Ja Ja. Now the Maintenance has restarted his respawn time. So I have to wait another 24hrs~48hrs~360hrs from maintenance just to get lucky if he would even spawn. Doesn't matter if they are closely tied to Besiege. Obviously it isn't if the NMs aren't spawning the way they need to.

Take out the old spawning protocol (lv.1~4-hour after lv.8) and just have us use the same keys we already have to farm and used them at their thorn door for a BCNM fight and call it a day. Can even adjust its lvl back to the way it was back at lv.75. You are already trying to make us run through old content again to get new gear so I have no idea whats the problem.

I am guessing that there isn't enough people complaining for things to be fixed at haste.

I will be leaving his thorn and farm his key(s) again and hope that people on Bahamut be nice enough to wait for people to zone in when it pops. Thanks again.
    (0)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast