Crafting and item drop superstitions

Something I've been wanting to know ever since SE started talking more to the community is whether or not all the methods we have for increasing crafting rates or item drops actually do anything? Even if it was just an acknowledgment that there are other factors besides skill/TH rate respectively.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm very interested in hearing an answer to that. I've never bought into the moonphase theory for drop rates/chests and while I would actually appreciate directional synthing, I'm not sure whether I should believe that that's how it works. Some of it just seems too far fetched, and it's incredibly hard and tedious (and expensive) to test anything in this regard. So hearing an official answer to finally shed some light on this would be very appreciated, now that they finally debunked so many stupid TH rumors (or allowed us to debunk them ourselves with the new messages).
    (0)

Yep, though it is wierd that every nation has those NPCs that show you which direction the colored stars are in, and yet there doesn't seem to be any real use to that.
    (0)

Character
    Liteholt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Well, maybe this is just small sample size showing, but here's my personal experience from the other day.

I needed a Beadeaux Coffer Key for my WHM AF gloves. Went down there with a THF friend of mine, and we spent close to 2 hours killing the Quadav, getting TH to proc up to 6 on most kills, and saw only a few gold beastcoins and a waterga III for our trouble.

Few days later, we went back, and noticed it was a full moon. We cleared the first room and around the Mute, and set off to the east. First quadav we pulled from around the Afflictor, bam, coffer key. So we decided to finish clearing the area, maybe get a Flood or Water IV. Next mob: Bam, another key. THF took it and popped a coffer (I was on DRK at the time, so couldn't pop it for gloves). We kept going, and got 2 more keys. So, on a full moon we had 4 keys drop in a matter of about 20 min, while a few days before we spent 2 hours getting nothing. Just my $0.02.
    (0)