Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    Last, if WHM gets Phalanx, I'd probably put the macro on the same palette as Deodorize. When I can recover the entire party's HP with one free spell or chain cast Cure V unbeknownst to the enemy, the idea of preventing ~40 damage a hit is just pointless. It's not meaningless on SCH and RDM because I can't do the other stuff. For soloing I already have Phalanx with /RDM or don't need it with /NIN.
    If preventing ~40 damage is pointless then there is no point in Meriting Shellra V. At a more realistic 30 damage absorbed, Phalanx will absorb about 3% of damage from a thousand damage hit, which is about the difference between Shell V and Shellra V 5/5.

-

This thread is just complaining about White Mages now, because one White Mage asked for Phalanx. Yes, White Mages are about sixty levels too late for the spell, and if they would have been meant to get it, they would have at 33, or would have gotten an AOE version. No, White Mages shouldn't get this spell, it doesn't fit spell progression. Not really a big debate on anything beyond this is needed. And the only reason why you'd need the spell natively is to /SCH with it. Otherwise, you are doing solo AOE kills with a Staff, and /RDM not only works fine, but provides Magic Attack Bonus for boosting Cataclysm.
    (0)
    Last edited by Economizer; 10-16-2011 at 06:01 AM. Reason: More polite wording.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    If preventing ~40 damage is pointless then there is no point in Meriting Shellra V. At a more realistic 30 damage absorbed, Phalanx will absorb about 3% of damage from a thousand damage hit, which is about the difference between Shell V and Shellra V 5/5.
    Agreed, While it may seem small it makes a huge impact.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Uh.... I haven't read all the way through, but what kind of mess would it be for WHM to get Phalanx under the assumption that every WHM is subbing /SCH to use it for the party? Your choice of subjob should not dictate what magic or abilities your main job has natively. Subjobs only there to supplement.

Edit: If it bothers you that much, sub /SMN on next level cap increase to 99/49. Get access to Noctoshield at 49 with Diabolos, as well as other AoE buffs that SCH "took" from avatars.
    (0)
    Last edited by Soranika; 10-16-2011 at 06:10 AM.
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    WHM should get every spell, it's unfair they're only healers. They should be able to nuke as hard as BLM and SCH.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5