Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Character
    Patrik
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

[dev1020] WoE (and Voidwatch drops). can we pool them?

this has been brought up by people before for voidwatch. can we have the option to put our personal "loot" into a pool for others participating to lot them? this was done in abyssea, and campaign has a loot system that would allow for everyone there to lot (needed for new WoE).

personally i love the idea based on everyone getting their own items from kills. but there are many many times you will be grouping with others that you know REALLY want an item, they always get none and you always get one or a bunch (coins being multiples).

i do a WoE now, i only need glory coins. i have gotten one so far and have gotten 7 ruin coins, and know many people on those runs that need them and are getting glory coins they are tossing. so we could just toss them into a pool, and keep what we want or need. the system still wont be perfect cause people will see items in the pool and lot for no reason, BUT its better than nothing and has no other real downsides.

obviously from a dev point of view on a fairly limiting game (coding wise) idk if there would be issues not allowing this. but i ask that SE please look into this and try to find a solution like what i said. this has been a problem since voidwatch came out, and even more so now that WoE is similar. though i also want to say thank you for a system like that, its a great concept that i really enjoy. just... let us share with others please XD
    (7)

Good idea.
    (0)

Character
    Koren
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can see the desire to want to give things you don't want or need to those that do. However, I am also a big fan of the personal reward all for yourself deal as well.

Personally, I'd rather have the system give rewards similar to the bonanza vouchers, in which you can trade it for one item from a list of items so when you do win, you can at least pick something you want. Maybe gil or exp scroll for it if there's absolutely nothing else you could possibly want to trade the voucher for.
    (1)

What would be best, I think, is the ability to add items to the pool after picking out the ones you want for yourself, and make it so that no one else is informed of what was in your box, except the items you added to the pool .
    (2)

Character
    Patrik
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    What would be best, I think, is the ability to add items to the pool after picking out the ones you want for yourself, and make it so that no one else is informed of what was in your box, except the items you added to the pool .
    pretty much my thoughts. others don't need to know what you get, just toss them what you don't want so it doesn't go to waste.

voucher system also sounds like a great idea. i just don't know if it would be too much in SEs eyes to put in. but any method of helping people get what they want and avoid what they really don't need would be a great addition really
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    SE had some responce along the lines of "this is not abyssea and is working the way we want it to," in some other thread.
    (1)

Character
    Arcas
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    At the very least make it so you can trade the coins.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcas View Post
    At the very least make it so you can trade the coins.
    Agreed.

Superfluous text.
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Not a bad idea, and workable in Voidwatch where you likely have a relationship with most of the group, but giving people the option to roll on your loot in relatively anonymous WoE runs would seriously run afoul of the Prisoner's Dilemma.

Not saying it's bad per se, but you'd have to include some sort of mechanism where somebody could only get access to the pool by ponying up his own drops, and even then you'd have to put something in to keep the pool from just being 30 silver ores. It'd be much easier to just make coins bazaarable.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Elanabelle
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Agree with the OP.

WoE and Voidwatch loot distribution needs re-vamping, and the sooner the better. The concept of individual loot for all participants is good. However, we need to be able to do one of the following to really make this a succeed:

1. Move loot to the general Treasure Pool, when desired by the individual,
    2. Trade/bazaar loot (remove the "Ex" tag), or
    3. Trade Rare/Ex loot to an NPC for "credits", which in turn can be used to purchase/acquire a different Rare/Ex loot item.

Any of these methods would be fine. Just please don't leave the system as it is right now. It's good, but still flawed, and needs improvement.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast