Character
    Humidfreak
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

BEASTMASTER PET TARGET LOCK

Please SE you die because your pet attacks a nm's pet instead of the nm fistule for instance your pet wont stick on nm so splits his pets so it takes 3x as long to solo then some idiot steals nm

/Pet <t> lock

CAN I HAVE IT
    (0)

Character
    Dethard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think they already responded that they were not planning to change the way pet hate works. But I agree with you that it is frustrating that the target you wish to lock onto goes unclaimed when your pet picks up aggro from another mob, even if you are engaged the mob can still go unclaimed briefly allowing someone to steal it.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I rather like the way pet hate works just like mobs. I don't like losing NM claims from it, but I really think thats a separate matter.

I solo'd almost all my fistule kills as well. I didn't like the few deaths I got from unfortunately timed cytokinesis, but I learned how to work around it every time. my last 12 kills I didn't die at all.

I don't have to worry about someone stealing it when I melee along w/ pet.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    They replied in an interview that pet hate is working as intended and is just another challenge of the job. Do I wish I could lock a pet on a Dynamis TE mob? Yes, but it doesn't kill me because I can't.
    (0)

Character
    Dethard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    I rather like the way pet hate works just like mobs. I don't like losing NM claims from it, but I really think thats a separate matter.

I solo'd almost all my fistule kills as well. I didn't like the few deaths I got from unfortunately timed cytokinesis, but I learned how to work around it every time. my last 12 kills I didn't die at all.

I don't have to worry about someone stealing it when I melee along w/ pet.
    don't you find that even when you melee along with your pet that the main targeted mob will change briefly with your pet hitting another mob? In that brief second your mob can be stolen if someone is spamming attacks.
    (0)

I know every good bst can live with this problem, but it doesnt change the fact that it eats horribly into our DD; causes us to be at risk of monster theft, and can be dangerous.

AND the reason they gave for not changing it was extra lame with a side of pathetic.
    (0)

Character
    Agetos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Square Enix said that making the pet stay on one mob would take away from the pet being "Wild" and made the job what it was. They said it gave the job its uniqueness in that the pet is reacting on its own to what's going on around it. So don't expect anything of the sort.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethard View Post
    don't you find that even when you melee along with your pet that the main targeted mob will change briefly with your pet hitting another mob? In that brief second your mob can be stolen if someone is spamming attacks.
    It won't. It takes several successful consecutive actions and attacks from another player to take it. If it goes yellow while I'm hitting it and my pet is hitting something else, and another player starts taking action on it, The other player will be damaging it, but they won't be able to get claim so easily. They will need to have at least 2 turns on it while I'm NOT hitting it at all. so if I get petrified and my pet stays off of the main target for several attack rounds, it might get stolen.

Frankly I've had a fight where the mob stayed yellow for 3 min while both myself and another player fought for claim. (I was actually a level 9 brd/bst for that fight.. and the NM was the beetle in ronfaur).

Also while AoE killing GoV pages in Ifrit's Cauldron the other day, I had crowds of monkeys the soem other players were trying to take. They got a few sometimes, but when whirl claws does 1000 damage on each its not easy to get hate, let alone claim. You can only take one of the targets that I am not targetting.

so you are right that it will briefly change yellow, but you are mistaken in thinking it can be taken that easily while you are melee'ing on it. If you are NOT meleeing on Fistule while pet has Fistule and 6x + pustules that its fighting, the chances of fistule getting stolen is much higher.

I never had the patience to go pet only on fistule though. Once I made sure to save tp for the rampage > snarl after each hate reset, it wasn't often a problem.

I agree that the claim loss is a problem, but I don't agree that pet target lock is the solution. I think it would lose something else that is valuable to do so.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--