Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Capnspike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90

Magic Evasion Bonus Job Trait

The one thing that's bothered me for quite some time the fact that put a thf up against any magic type mob, and the fight lasts less than 20 seconds... (ok I'm exhaggerating a tiny bit...) But honestly, we're supposed to be the king of evasion right?

Why not a job trait (or a few that stack up) Magic Evasion Bonus - gives a chance to reduce magic damage taken by 100% 50% or 25% with a modest proc rate (small chance to happen, but still a chance!)
    (1)

Character
    Latka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i think that would be awesome we should have magic evasion that gives us a good chance at evading magic damage.
    (0)

Player
    you do its called Shadow ring
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Not everyone has a Shadow Ring and it's not quite the same. Although I don't really think it's a THF's quality to "evade" magical attacks. If anything, I'd say THF is one of the least plausible jobs to evade/resist a magical attack, since they're only adept at physical dexterity/agility (not referring to the ingame stats). In my opinion it's simply one thing thieves suck at, as unfortunate as that is.
    (0)

Character
    Leebo
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
    you do its called Shadow ring
    Exactly what I thought lol.

Just bring a whm to the magic spammies D:
    (0)

Character
    Pesh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Just build an MDT set and Atma for particular fights. There are plenty of times where the mob will do a GAIV and I'll swap to MDT to be hit for 0-100 damage while others are taking 300 and up.

Twilight Torque & Augmented MDT Dark rings alone can get you a good boost toward where you need to be.

Stack elemental resistances in slots where you can't get MDT and HP in the other slots. With Thieves tanking now more than ever, you'd do well to have a decent set of gear to shave off that damage.

And don't neglect those elemental resistance atmas. If I'm doing a big NM with a particular element, I'll use resistance Atma/RR/Apoc. The amount of damage reduced far outweighs the bonus of VV for whatever fight in question.
    (0)
    Paragon of Pigtails Excellence!

Character
    Bjoern
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
    Just build an MDT set and Atma for particular fights. There are plenty of times where the mob will do a GAIV and I'll swap to MDT to be hit for 0-100 damage while others are taking 300 and up.

Twilight Torque & Augmented MDT Dark rings alone can get you a good boost toward where you need to be.

Stack elemental resistances in slots where you can't get MDT and HP in the other slots. With Thieves tanking now more than ever, you'd do well to have a decent set of gear to shave off that damage.

And don't neglect those elemental resistance atmas. If I'm doing a big NM with a particular element, I'll use resistance Atma/RR/Apoc. The amount of damage reduced far outweighs the bonus of VV for whatever fight in question.
    I really have to agree here. I'm not really geared at the moment for -mdt but it's a sound strategy.
    I mean alot of non~evasion tanking is very dependant on making your gear cover your weakness depending on your enemy's strength.
    (0)

Aside from the occasional fastcaster, I've always survived against mage mobs with the use of sleep bolts. Nearly all tier 3 or higher spells take much longer to cast than the time it takes to fire off a sleep bolt. Mind you, I'm not trying to sleep tough+ mobs either, but I don't really think a THF should be dealing with a T+ solo most the time anyway, especially a mage.
    (0)

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

Character
    Pesh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalrune View Post
    Aside from the occasional fastcaster, I've always survived against mage mobs with the use of sleep bolts.
    On a regular mob, you should attack fast enough and crit often enough to stop the cast. Problem is I'm talking about NMs which won't sleep. That's when you need an MDT set.
    (0)
    Paragon of Pigtails Excellence!

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    GIMMIE!

...If anything, I'd say THF is one of the least plausible jobs to evade/resist a magical attack...
    THF are experts at 'avoidance' why is it not plausible for them to avoid magic damage as well as physical? Magic evasion is already a trait within the game & out of all the melee imo it'd be most appropriate to give it to THF.

Gear will always be of the utmost importance for any situation and yes there is a lot more MDT & MDB gear more readily available these days but I want a trait to! Greedy? What of it?!

Correct me if I'm wrong & I very well could be but I think THF is the melee with the least HP & magic attacks usually being one of the heaviest AoE damage types if SE wants THF up on the front line stabbing NMs with their daggers to proc TH (which without giving us subtle blow I think is unlikely to happen in a lot of situations) they'll have to give us something, even if they make an ability to increase magic evasion that'd be handy.
    (0)
    Last edited by Strife; 03-15-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast