Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I'd love to see this happen even if it's through Synergy.

Preferably I'd just like to see the staves from Trials of the Magians combine. As some people said trade Indra's Staff + Vayu's Staff + some addition trophy items from NMs = Transfixion Staff. Then you could combine Transfixion Staff + Fusion Staff + Trophy items = Light Staff and then Light staff + Dark staff + trophy items = Prismatic Staff. Seriously SE make this happen it's a huge time sink but people would love to do it and it still forces everyone to complete all the different staves.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Ignoring the drama, a few thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Why does RDM not have native staff skill?
    The best reason I can think for this is that SE had a mix of wanting RDM to melee with a Sword/Dagger, and that they thought Red Mage with Spirit Taker would be too powerful.

-

I think that if SE does make universal Staves - aside from merging the Affinity staves of the same element like they should - it will involve getting some more universal staff to merge them to.

For example, getting Nirvana is hard, and although getting all the avatar perp staves might be hard, I don't think SE should just let people merge them without a base. Bahamut's Staff or the Astral Signa would be a good base for this.

For magic damage, they should make the Mythics for Black Mage and Scholar have various amounts of affinity on them. But also, SE should allow someone to merge all the trial staves onto a Dorje, or some similar staff.

Getting a universal anything in this game has always been hard unless it doesn't give a lot of power, partially because inventory is also a resource in this game we have to manage. An item that does more is worth more then other items, undoubtedly, even if it just matches what a handful of items do. Perhaps the base items to do these things should be easier to get then I suggest, but ultimately, there will be some sort of quest to bind or upgrade anything in the manner people want, it would be pretty unreasonable to expect otherwise.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]
    You and the 6 people who like your post might not, but you don't speak for every user on this forum any more than I speak for SE. You obviously didn't figure out yet that it was merely my opinion of what I think SE is seeing.

I will post on this forum all I want and you can't do anything about it. No one likes a flamer or a troll any more than they like someone in my position.

[Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]
    I'm not using it as a crutch. I'm saying it in the effort of allowing people to understand me better. I did not and will not use it as an excuse.

You know what? You don't need to double post about how much you hate me and have your 6 friends like both posts. If you really hate me that much, why don't you just use that convinent ignore list feature? Never see a post you don't like again. Something tells me you don't because you'd rather spend your time flaming me, but maybe you'll prove me wrong.

At least the majority of users here are levelheaded enough not to atttack people on a personal level.
    (1)
    Last edited by Baccanale; 09-15-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Quoting content that was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    At least the majority of users here are levelheaded enough not to atttack people on a personal level.
    And your solution is to attack him and six others on a personal level? Nice work.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    And your solution is to attack him and six others on a personal level? Nice work.
    Except that's not what I did, because I didn't name him or anyone else. Do you really need to keep picking my words apart?

You might also specify exactly where I made a personal attack that specifically named a certain user, and how I could express that statement differently?
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-15-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Player
    Except that's not what I did, because I didn't name him or anyone else.
    You and the 6 people who like your post might not, but you don't speak for every user on this forum any more than I speak for SE. You obviously didn't figure out yet that it was merely my opinion of what I think SE is seeing.

I will post on this forum all I want and you can't do anything about it. No one likes a flamer or a troll any more than they like someone in my position.

I'm not using it as a crutch. I'm saying it in the effort of allowing people to understand me better. I did not and will not use it as an excuse.

You know what? You don't need to double post about how much you hate me and have your 6 friends like both posts. If you really hate me that much, why don't you just use that convinent ignore list feature? Never see a post you don't like again. Something tells me you don't because you'd rather spend your time flaming me, but maybe you'll prove me wrong.

You quoted him. You responded with the word "You" in several instances. You refer to the six people who liked his post in two instances. But I guess since you didn't name him, so that means you weren't talking to him. Btw, this post isn't referring to your post; it's about Rearden's post. You can tell by the way I specifically name him.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    1st highlight is not a personal attack, nor is any instance of the word 'you'. I can see how the last sentence can be interpreted that way, but I was merely stating the impression I got from his posts and invited him to show me that it wasn't the impression I should have gotten.

-edit-

This is really getting to the point of absurdity. I'm not going to keep going on with this. If you have some problem with me, you've got an ignore list and you should use it. Failure to utilize it would mean you want to see my posts for whatever reason.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-15-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Player
    1st highlight is not a personal attack, nor is any instance of the word 'you'. I can see how the last sentence can be interpreted that way, but I was merely stating the impression I got from his posts and invited him to show me that it wasn't the impression I should have gotten.
    You're a dumbass; prove me wrong.

^ That wasn't a personal attack btw. It's just my impression and I invite you to show me that's the impression I shouldn't have gotten.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    You're a dumbass; prove me wrong.

^ That wasn't a personal attack btw. It's just my impression and I invite you to show me that's the impression I shouldn't have gotten.
    Invitation accepted Just look any post of mine in the 10 top most threads in general right now as of the time of this post.

And I'lm just going to allow you to decide for yourself. I'm not going to respond to any more posts in this thread.
    (1)

10. 09-15-2011 02:08 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Player
    Invitation accepted Just look any post of mine in the 10 top most threads in general right now as of the time of this post.

And I'lm just going to allow you to decide for yourself. I'm not going to respond to any more posts in this thread.
    Well my thread is number one and most of the posts here lead me to stick with my earlier conclusion. Thanks for accepting the opportunity to be assessed though.
    (1)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast