Thread: Samurai Archers

Threaded View

Character
    Hyden
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I wouldn't mind seeing some adjustments to SAM's archery/ranged attack skills either.

It's a little ridiculous that SAM can use a relic weapon it only has C+ skill in. Seriously, SAM has higher skill in polearm and no access to the relic. It's pretty silly to not at least make archery B- (or higher!).

SE is obviously trying to throw SAM archers a bone w/ the Unkai Kote, but one piece of gear doesn't really cut it.

I really like the OP's suggestions for additions to Hasso/Siegan. I don't think mutually exclusive benefits to ranged attacks would be too much ask for really.

Overwhelm: Is there any good reason this doesn't work on ranged WSs? "Grants a damage bonus to weapons skill performed face-to-face with an enemy" seems like it should.

Velocity Shot: they could at least give us access to Velocity Shot when /RNG. I don't use /RNG often with Yoichi, but I think giving us Velocity Shot as a SAM JA might not really fit.

And while I'm talking about Yoichi, the new TP boost SAM JA is kinda a kick-in-the-nuts to relic users. I know they said it'd at least save us a hit towards next WS, but all it's really doing is boosting Masamune again. Extending aftermath for Amano/Yoichi just isn't quite as cool :/
    (3)
    Last edited by Hyden; 09-18-2011 at 09:48 PM.