Thread: Samurai Archers

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    Oh thanks for the info Hiko. The second link hits on a rather staggering factor I stupidly never thought of, and that is my distance from the target. Naturally, taking the time to run out 10 paces and back just for the WS is a waste of time. Goes without saying. But it mentions simply standing at max melee range so you do attack constantly but still receive a portion of the ranged effect has a smaller, yet substantial effect on the over-all damage. I'll have to ensure I note that point.

One thing I've noticed though, is that each of these posts give reference to the Amano+Yoichi combo. I feel like I'm missing a crucial factor here. To me, the OA2-4 Magian GK is vastly superior in terms of WS frequency. So much so, that if I pause for even a few seconds I could find myself at 150+TP (Sometimes do anyway, going from 80% into a 4 hit). In my mind, I think that if the above players used a OA2-4 Magian GK over Amano, the damage from the added Namas Arrows would override the melee damage from Amano. Again, that is how my mind sees it and numbers are not necessarily my strong-suit.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Player
    So far as I know the reason for them using Amano in the situation in question is because it is Legion, where you need the extra accuracy from it to make sure you are hitting hit rate cap. I think the 2~4 is probably better in cases where you are simply using only Namas, and have no need for the accuracy, however I could easily be wrong.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    So far as I know the reason for them using Amano in the situation in question is because it is Legion, where you need the extra accuracy from it to make sure you are hitting hit rate cap. I think the 2~4 is probably better in cases where you are simply using only Namas, and have no need for the accuracy, however I could easily be wrong.
    yes it's written somewhere in the thread that he need amano acc, and that using accu food instead of RCB would hurt namas too much
    (0)
    Last edited by hiko; 02-24-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Hey all you Archers out there, we got a present~ (as did everyone else that can use a bow though).

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/21309/chapuli-arrow
    +7 damage compared to Antlion Arrow, and +5 RACC instead of RATT. Less RATT, but more accuracy that we don't need elsewhere.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Noticed looking through some of the stat mod adjustments SE is doing soon, Ranged weapons are included. RATT will be boosted to a 75% STR mod, which we do really well at. RACC is naturally agi based, as are most WS, so we won't become supremely awesome through this, but we should see a pretty good damage boost through this adjustment along with the single wielders.
    (0)

Character
    Hyden
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If they really end up letting us unlock Empy WS's, they should really just let SAM have Jishnu's while they're at it
    (0)

Only if they give thieves wildfire!
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10