Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai Archers

I've always wondered why Samurai never got access to Archery Trials and mentioned in a past thread. It would seem only right that Samurai get to build a Bateleur or any on the other Magian Bows.

Your proposal has a lot of good things going for it, and I'm sure no Ranger would complain about SAM getting Archery skill raised to B-/B+. As for weapon skills, I'd probably leave some, like Sidewinder and Arching Arrow, as exclusive to Ranger--they are the experts, after all.
    (1)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    I've always wondered why Samurai never got access to Archery Trials and mentioned in a past thread. It would seem only right that Samurai get to build a Bateleur or any on the other Magian Bows.

Your proposal has a lot of good things going for it, and I'm sure no Ranger would complain about SAM getting Archery skill raised to B-/B+. As for weapon skills, I'd probably leave some, like Sidewinder and Arching Arrow, as exclusive to Ranger--they are the experts, after all.
    Well, we already have sidewinder which was our bread and butter /rng ws. Leaving some exclusive WS is expected, but at least 1 blue proccing WS would be greatly appreciated, expanding on our rather limited proccing role within abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Speaking of our limited proccing role in abyssea we can't forget that WAR or other jobs that /sam will be able to use one of the event Great Katanas along with some decent boosting in Great Katana skill to proc with Samurai weapon skills. Not to take everyone too off topic from the idea of Archery on Samurai but it is a bit of an issue regarding proccing and Samurai. That being said some Archery proccing weapon skills would be amazing.

Also thank you Delvish for sharing your armor setup with us all. I think it helps everyone in the thread along with SE get an idea of how much help Samurai needs in fixing Archery on Samurai.
    (0)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandheer View Post
    Also thank you Delvish for sharing your armor setup with us all. I think it helps everyone in the thread along with SE get an idea of how much help Samurai needs in fixing Archery on Samurai.
    No problem. As you can see, with augments, RAcc is comparatively easy to obtain. However, RAtt is
    half of that. In recent updates we have been getting more and more RAtt gear, so we just need to continue along this path. Refuge Arrow opened up a WS for us that we didn't have to rely on mass amounts of RAcc just to be able to hit (still missed half the time).

Another note about my gear set: I've been trying to stack up on STp to allow myself the greatest amount of tp per hit. In future updates once we reach 99 and we no longer receive STp bonuses through JT and merits, then I can begin work on trimming out a TP build like we had back at 75.
    (0)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Another note about my gear set: I've been trying to stack up on STp to allow myself the greatest amount of tp per hit. In future updates once we reach 99 and we no longer receive STp bonuses through JT and merits, then I can begin work on trimming out a TP build like we had back at 75.
    Do you have a link to that information Delvish, or anyone else reading this actually. Thats news to me so I'd love the link/links where SE announces their future plans like that. O.o
    (0)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandheer View Post
    Do you have a link to that information Delvish, or anyone else reading this actually. Thats news to me so I'd love the link/links where SE announces their future plans like that. O.o
    Oh, that is all just speculation. We keep getting new gear and job adjustments too rapidly to make looking for the best of the best set a valid option. The key to proper wsing is ensuring just enough STp to reach 100% on X-hit build without going over and filling the rest with haste, DA, and now zanshin. I just assume the possibility of a new job trait or merit system so no real link.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
    SAM had some decent /shooting gear back at 75 but most of it was mini-expansion augmented gear. Only problem I had was deciding which augments to go with. TP vs WS, Racc vs Ratk vs Snapshot, etc. Zha'Go's Barbut and Buccaneer's Belt deserve a mention too. It would be nice to see SAM added to some of the upcoming RNG gear perhaps.

I think the only actual Racc/Ratk upgrades SAM has gotten since 75 are like Missile Boots, Unkai Kote +2 and Clearview Earring (maybe Terebellum Mantle too actually). Stuff like Libeccio Mantle and Impulse Belt woulda been really nice. :/
    moondoe-mantle nice mix of racc/ratt
    (0)

Character
    Hyden
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yar! Picked one for of those up the other day ^^ Been nice for RNG during VW too (screw you Tiamat!)
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    If you all follow the Dev comments, you probably noticed today the post about how they do business. I want to thank you all for making this thread and idea so potentially important in comparison to the many other threads within the SAM subforum.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Hyden
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Got a lil bored and started looking at different jobs skill caps. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe SAM's archery is the lowest ranked of all jobs that can use a relic weapon. Even BLM gets a B- in staff and it's not a "melee" job lol.

I can see people saying that being able to use 2 relics at once with i higher rating would be too OP, but some jobs already have this option: PLD sword(A+)/shield(A+), RDM sword(B)/dagger(B), etc. Other jobs have access to 2 relic weapons as well even if the can't equip them both at the same time: PLD Sword(A+)/GS(B), WAR GA(A+)/GS(B+), DRK Scythe(A+)/GS(A-).

I really don't see making SAM more level with these jobs would break the game. Making SAM's archery at least B+/B seems to only make sense when comparing it to similar DD classes like WAR and DRK.

Edit: Looking back, I see Hiko and Asraa already touched on this, but I'm reiterating it with respect to jobs with relics.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hyden; 10-02-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast