Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    Because all we need in XI is more zerging everything into the ground.
    Actually what you would see is more folks having fun on jobs they enjoy. For example, I would love to spend purposeful time in Abyssea on my smm having much more fun then whm which is a chore. As it is folks just level jobs to zerg on and use those instead of playing something they enjoy. Whats so very wrong with with the desire to really have fun using a character you like playing on a video game? I believe the main purpose of playing any game is fun and relaxing. I have always felt all jobs should have a purpose in the majority of content in a game.

Why do so many folks advocate punishing oneself on a video game by being compelled to play a job you don't enjoy as a means to an end? I understand that it is ultimately the decision of the game designers but if we advocate for this it is will just encourage them to not seek ways to involve more jobs. How come we can't at least have a balance of procs between fun and chore type jobs? That seems more reasonable to me.

Disclaimer: I believe to op is suggesting making existing procs available to to more jobs not add new procs to the game itself.
    (3)
    Last edited by Neonii; 09-05-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Actually, I expect SE to figure out how. They're the developers.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    If you switch Abyssea to an any job can proc then speed will determine who becomes preferable. Jobs with the best tp gain, fastest casting, most instant job abilities, will be preferred. Until an intelligent proc system that will assess your parties jobs and provide a proc for each member and also provide a higher chance at a seal/item for that member if he is successful, we are stuck with there always being some job preferences.
    A solution like that won't make the proc system better than it is now. It'll just open up for even more soloing/duoing since you'll be guaranteed to be able to proc. Who wants to share drops if you don't need to, right?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonii View Post
    Actually what you would see is more folks having fun on jobs they enjoy. For example, I would love to spend purposeful time in Abyssea on my smm having much more fun then whm which is a chore. As it is folks just level jobs to zerg on and use those instead of playing something they enjoy. Whats so very wrong with with the desire to really have fun using a character you like playing on a video game? I believe the main purpose of playing any game is fun and relaxing. I have always felt all jobs should have a purpose in the majority of content in a game.

Why do so many folks advocate punishing oneself on a video game by being compelled to play a job you don't enjoy as a means to an end? I understand that it is ultimately the decision of the game designers but if we advocate for this it is will just encourage them to not seek ways to involve more jobs. How come we can't at least have a balance of procs between fun and chore type jobs? That seems more reasonable to me.

Disclaimer: I believe to op is suggesting making existing procs available to to more jobs not add new procs to the game itself.
    The only way to promote job variety is to create different events where different jobs shine. Abyssea currently promotes job set X because the proc system is in place, monsters are easy enough to undermine support lines and brews make anything more than a party excess baggage.

Do I like it? Not all the time. Do I see why SE created procs? Yes.

Zerging stuff into the ground is part of what set XI into a nosedive in the first place. Things like B2 that were designed to be inclusive to multiple classes were turned into mindless stun and gun fests yet it seems some haven't learned their lessons. Those who are ignorant of the past are doomed to repeat it etc etc.

I said it before and i'll say it again - if SE leaves Voidwatch at the current difficulty level, the jobs currently "shunned" in Abyssea will return to the field of play and we'll have "balance".
    (0)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    The only way to promote job variety is to create different events where different jobs shine. Abyssea currently promotes job set X because the proc system is in place, monsters are easy enough to undermine support lines and brews make anything more than a party excess baggage.

Do I like it? Not all the time. Do I see why SE created procs? Yes.

Zerging stuff into the ground is part of what set XI into a nosedive in the first place. Things like B2 that were designed to be inclusive to multiple classes were turned into mindless stun and gun fests yet it seems some haven't learned their lessons. Those who are ignorant of the past are doomed to repeat it etc etc.

I said it before and i'll say it again - if SE leaves Voidwatch at the current difficulty level, the jobs currently "shunned" in Abyssea will return to the field of play and we'll have "balance".
    I guess my first mmorpg ruined other games for me. That game in particular allowed one job per character and designed super fun content to include all the jobs. Unfortunately, for me it set the bar as to what a fun factor should be in an online game. Since you had one job per character you were free to focus on making your main great it was more quality vs. quantity. I have told myself to get over it. But I can't help but wish I could focus on a main in ffx1 and make it the job I spoil and play on a regular basis.

I love smn and find it awesome fun. I work two jobs and value my online time. I just don't have the quality time to complete several mains. Its a fact of life in ffx1 and if since I choose to play it I have accepted it. I wonder if some of the complaints I read all the time about people who don't know their job is because we don't really have a main. Well I guess you can have a main but be prepared to be shut out of content. I would love for my smn to be able to proc blue. I still don't have my smn belt after soloing that nm like 17 times. I try to get folks to help and there is always some excuse. I don't thing wanting procs on mains is unreasonable.

Just for the record I did level a whm that I am asked to play all the time. I won't even pretend I find it anywhere near as fun as smn.

One last thing If Voidwatch is the answer to the unbalanced Abyssea it needs to provide equal armor/weapons for those jobs returning to the "Field of Play".
    (1)
    Last edited by Neonii; 09-06-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Zerging stuff into the ground is part of what set XI into a nosedive in the first place.
    Abyssea did nothing to solve that. Now it's just "wait for proc, then zerg into ground."
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Abyssea did nothing to solve that. Now it's just "wait for proc, then zerg into ground."
    From some of the battles ive witnessed, procs can cause wipes. See: brewed Carabosse fail.

And yes, Abyssea in its current state has become a zergfest due to the overkill on buffs but it doesn't mean SE didn't create procs to slow down the DD throw that was all the rage before Abyssea.

It's the same reason I imagine Dynamis and future content will also have procs.
    (1)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

From some of the battles ive witnessed, procs can cause wipes. See: brewed Carabosse fail.
    Failing to a level 80 abyssea mob when your 10 levels above it WITH A BREW isnt fail its a shitty player i mean christ 9999hp for 3mins and insane damage cara should be dead before it has a chance to 2 hour and even if it does 2 hour it should still be dead in 1min or less.
    (0)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    So much wrong with that statement lol.
    (0)

Player
    Suggestion: get rid of procing altogether.
    (2)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast