Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Body WS Gear

Koga Chainmail is absolutely terrible armor whose only proper place is on a Storage Slip.

I don't give a crap if people want to mess around with obviously bad gear, knowing that it is bad, because they're solo and like2style. But I won't be so lenient on you if you seriously come in here and try to tell people that Koga Chainmail outperforms Loki's Kaftan, on anything, ever.

Koga Chainmail is worthless. If you think it's better than even an NQ Haubergeon, you're wrong.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Koga Chainmail is absolutely terrible armor whose only proper place is on a Storage Slip.

I don't give a crap if people want to mess around with obviously bad gear, knowing that it is bad, because they're solo and like2style. But I won't be so lenient on you if you seriously come in here and try to tell people that Koga Chainmail outperforms Loki's Kaftan, on anything, ever.

Koga Chainmail is worthless. If you think it's better than even an NQ Haubergeon, you're wrong.
    Settle down man, such strong wordage is completely unnecessary. I choose to TP and ws in koga for the simple fact I like it, it has good acc and att stats (not blade: jin material however due to lacking str/dex modifiers). If you had read my entire post you would have seen where I mentioned there are better pieces than that for ws. It's a personal preference. Nowhere in my post did I ever say "koga chainmail is what you should use". I just use it because I prefer it's appearance over anything else.

Now if the guy who posted under me is having issues doing more dmg with loki's than koga he might be missing a str or dex modifier somewhere. I would suggest some of the following items to help him boost his blade: jin modifiers with his loki's.

1: neck > chivalrous chain str +5 acc +5 store TP+1
    2. rings > raja's ring (pretty much non negotiable on this)
    Choice of flame ring: strength +5, spiral ring: str +5 vit +5 int +5, or Airy Ring: Dex +5 Chr +5

All three of the above items play into the blade: Jin dmg modifier.
    (0)
    Last edited by Anethia; 09-30-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I would never recommend Chivalrous Chain for Jin, ever. Rancor Collar all day every day.
    (0)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Quote Originally Posted by Anethia View Post
    Settle down man, such strong wordage is completely unnecessary. I choose to TP and ws in koga for the simple fact I like it, it has good acc and att stats (not blade: jin material however due to lacking str/dex modifiers). If you had read my entire post you would have seen where I mentioned there are better pieces than that for ws. It's a personal preference. Nowhere in my post did I ever say "koga chainmail is what you should use". I just use it because I prefer it's appearance over anything else.

Now if the guy who posted under me is having issues doing more dmg with loki's than koga he might be missing a str or dex modifier somewhere. I would suggest some of the following items to help him boost his blade: jin modifiers with his loki's.

1: neck > chivalrous chain str +5 acc +5 store TP+1
    2. rings > raja's ring (pretty much non negotiable on this)
    Choice of flame ring: strength +5, spiral ring: str +5 vit +5 int +5, or Airy Ring: Dex +5 Chr +5

All three of the above items play into the blade: Jin dmg modifier.
    And you can see quite clearly that I wasn't talking about you. In fact, I specifically said that I really don't care if you use crappy armor on a personal level. My problem was solely with the poster below you trying to intimate that Koga was actually better than Loki's, which is absurd and flat out wrong.

Also, Rancor Collar =/. Chiv chain is Str+3, not Str+5, and is also garbage (sea gorgets are better). Also, if he's doing "more damage" with Koga than Loki's, then it's obvious that his Attack is terrible, not his WSC =/ it's completely backwards. The correct solution is use Loki's and eat food.
    (2)

And you can see quite clearly that I wasn't talking about you. In fact, I specifically said that I really don't care if you use crappy armor on a personal level. My problem was solely with the poster below you trying to intimate that Koga was actually better than Loki's, which is absurd and flat out wrong.

Also, Rancor Collar =/. Chiv chain is Str+3, not Str+5, and is also garbage (sea gorgets are better). Also, if he's doing "more damage" with Koga than Loki's, then it's obvious that his Attack is terrible, not his WSC =/ it's completely backwards. The correct solution is use Loki's and eat food.
    Sorry, just felt like a personal attack. However, even though it wasn't directed at me it still would have been better to offer suggestions in lue of basically calling him a moron.

I do agree that rancor collar is pretty much a no as a blade: Jin modifier. However, chivalrous chain, I apologize I got the stats wrong, I was posting via iPhone at work and didn't take time to look up the stats. But calling it garbage is again nothing more than leetist opinion. Chivalrous chain works into the modifier no matter how you look at it. It's fairly cheap and easy to obtain, and not everyone is going to waste their time to obtain sea gorgets. With that being said chivalrous chain is a perfectly good substitution.

And lastly the solution for attack deficiency is not "use loki's and eat food". If his attack is that low the problem is under level'd combat skill. Thus he needs to skill up katana to raise his attack.
    (0)

You can have capped skill and low Attack...

In fact, you almost always do if you're on Ninja in the first place and not fighting something ridiculously weak.

Sea Gorgets are almost free, and are extremely useful to have. They aren't all best in slot for everything any more, but they're always extremely solid options. A sea gorget will lose to Rancor Collar, but it will destroy a Chiv Chain easily.

Heck, a Spike Necklace is better for Blade: Jin than a Chivalrous Chain =/.
    (2)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Koga Chainmail is worthless.
    Hey it was nice for pulling DI!
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Chiv chain has been complete crap since level 33. Yes, it was bad before you could even equip it, because peacock charm is at level 33. This is using it as a TP piece, which was it's design intent.

Talking about WSing in it? Are you insane? Rancor collar, breeze gorget, spike neckace, etc, completely destroy this piece of equipment. Chiv chain is just as useless as Koga chainmail.
    (0)

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I wouldn't say Koga Chainmail is totally useless, I'd place it between NQ Hauby and HQ Hauby, but this is what I did back at 75 when Haub +1 was 3-4mil, Usukane body was out of reach, and accuracy for Jin was still very important. I can't really assume how accessible gear is to anyone, but couple Koga body and Ninja Tekko +1 and you've got a decent setup for Blade: Jin for those two slots. Hauby +1 still tops that, but back at 75 Chainmail had better output for me than NQ hauby if you want to nitpick the little things. This honestly was a difference of 100-200 damage for Jin. But if you're looking for updated gear, you should be working to get an Iga body upgraded; it's not an upgraded Koga chainmail, its a whole different breed of body piece that's more along the lines of a Haubergeon +2 or +3. Its first upgrade to +1 blows Usukane body out of the water and on top of that you have crit rate which you lose out on in the process of updating gear and weapons from 75 to 90 or 95, i.e. Senjuinriko.

As for Neck gear, there's nothing wrong with a Chiv chain as a place to start, but don't be lazy, go out and get a sea gorget, if you can't afford a Rancor Collar. Ovni is easily soloable and has a very high drop rate for organs. It's not like back at 75 when going out to do something alone was difficult.

Edit: Loki's is great, but consider this: Crit damage is great until you don't crit, where you should consider having a nice balance between rate and damage, so look at consistency vs. potential. I only use Loki's for Blade: Hi currently. Everything else (Good ol Blade: Jin) I want the Accuracy, Attack and STR/DEX modifiers with a 5% Crit rate bonus.
    (0)
    Last edited by ThaiChi; 10-03-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Character
    Caesaris
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Here are my Body Choices...

NQ AF = Great for speed... used mostly for skillup, farming, and killing things EP or lower.
    Assault Jerkin = A great piece of gear... 4 years ago.
    Koga Relic = Looks badass, but gets swallowed by Iga Ninji +1/+2
    Iga Ninji +1 = My main TP/WS body of choice. Looks good, and hits hard.
    Kirin's Osode = Another great piece... 3 years ago. I got my Osode for BST years ago, but the modifiers are good for Ninja WS's too.

I don't know what my current Attack is or how close that is to being capped, but I bet if i played around, I could find out definitively which body is best for my Blade Jin setup... Osode or Ninji +1. I think this is also determined by the level of mob i'm WS'ing on. I'm thinking - More Attack for high level mobs... - More STR/DEX for the lower level mobs? Or do i have that reversed?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast