Character
    Dmer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Boost spells at 95

I just did some testing on the test server with boost spells at level 95.

With light arts, capped enhancing merits and every piece of gear that has enhancing skill on it that WHM can wear (other than the Ix'MNK cape which has always managed to elude me) I had 460 enhancing skill.

Boost spells all increased the attribute by +21.

Maybe by 99 cap if they add another piece of enhancing skill gear, or let us merit it higher we can cap that out at +25.
    (2)
    99: WHM | RDM | SCH | SMN | BLM | BRD | BLU | DNC | BST | MNK
    90: PLD | WAR | SAM

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    inb4 SCH Stormsurge gnashing of teeth, this forum or there.

Still, nice little AOE buff, that, since don't we get Boost-STR this update?
    (0)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    inb4 SCH Stormsurge gnashing of teeth, this forum or there.
    *shrug* It's kinda sucked ever since abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    From my understanding both Boost and Gain -Stat spells use the same formula. With Gain-Stat it's +5 up till 300 Enh magic, then +1 for every 10 after. 460 Enhancing magic would be +21, so you should be able to plan it out from there.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    From my understanding both Boost and Gain -Stat spells use the same formula. With Gain-Stat it's +5 up till 300 Enh magic, then +1 for every 10 after. 460 Enhancing magic would be +21, so you should be able to plan it out from there.
    Isn't that what he reported as having his enhancing magic skill at?
    (1)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yep and that's the reason I used 460 for the math. I'm fairly certain the formula's are the same for both, which means Boost-STR and DEX will be a very nice addition to WHM.
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ank View Post
    *shrug* It's kinda sucked ever since abyssea.
    Yep. On the plus side, I like being able to give different stats to different people on SCH, whereas on WHM you're either stuck with the same one for everyone or running around trying to hit groups like a BRD.

I fully expect Stormsurge to be buffed for level 99, either with pending merit changes, new merits or a simple JT/JA for double weather and Stormsurge effects. I don't mind WHM and RDM values being a bit higher because of the limitations of self target and party target. I'd take 25 for Boost/Gain and 15-20 for Stormsurge.
    (0)

Player
    Between this and the move away from Abyssea such that base stats matter, I guess I have to fine-tune my macros for Boost spells and put the better ones in a more accessible place on my palette.

I am both happy and sad. I like having more useful spells, but dislike the battle that will ensue once I start moving macros around.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmer View Post
    Maybe by 99 cap if they add another piece of enhancing skill gear, or let us merit it higher we can cap that out at +25.
    A piece of gear would need to have somewhere between 7 and 11 skill over whatever's normally in that slot to knock it up to +25 (I'm coming out with maxed skill at 99 being either 489 or 493, after merits and every piece of gear).
    (0)