Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Defender

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Defender really doesn't need to be adjusted... It's decent as it is..
    (0)

Character
    Kyrial
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Haha, agree that you aren't an Abyssea era WAR. Let me guess, Ridill is still the best?
    No, I'm not part of the hardcore endgame crowd either. Always been a Great Axe WAR. I'm just one of the people whose play experience doesn't revolve around leveling/meritting and NMs. If anything, it revolves around quests and missions, and when I don't have any of those I feel like doing, I tend to work on capping skills, making magian weapons, crafting, or collecting things like maps, abyssites, useless atmas, etc.
    (0)
    All Missions Complete
    Captain, Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮
    Unique quests completed: 1063
    Records of Eminence completed: 801

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I could describe myself the same way. I'm less than 100 from capping out all WAR 90 skills and 7 Atma from Savior. Investing that much time in quests and stuff while not spending 3 hours or less to cap your merits the right way is a little much though. For GAxe WARs, 5 Berserk/5 DA has been the best combination literally forever.
    (0)

Character
    Kyrial
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    WAR is not my only job, though. I also have SAM, BLU, WHM, and BLM at 90, and THF at 77 (I abandoned THF, but some merits did go into it before I abandoned it).
    (0)
    All Missions Complete

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm DNC, WAR, BLM, RDM, BST, SMN, (and level 82 BRD and 75 RNG)

The things I choose to do just happen to generate xp. I capped my merits for all of my jobs (including re-meritting things) while I was level 80 just doing things like farming Dark Rings or skilling up. It's not hard to cap merits when NMs drop 5k xp and normal monsters net 1k xp per kill (including Ops).

If it's a priority thing that's fine, but 5 Berserk and 5 DA is what you would do if you wanted to be the best.
    (0)

Defender sucks because of diminishing returns on def when you get big def-values. Maybe instead, it should give a bit of -PDT%
    (0)

Character
    Kyrial
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    To be honest, I'd be more interested in the atk- than the def+. Like I said, I just want it for skilling up. XD

And no, I don't care about being the best. As long as I'm not doing a bad job, I'm fine. My merits are far from being capped (well, not far, but there's still plenty I could spend I guess), simply because I don't do as much that generates exp. My skilling up has almost all been done outside Abyssea, I've only farmed Dark Rings once (not for very long either), I don't fight NMs very often (just when I catch a shout for seals or abyssites/atma that I want), and I almost never join PTs for exp/cruor anymore once I have my jobs capped again, since it's boring as hell to me.
    (0)
    All Missions Complete

Windurst is my home but other nations are also Rank 10
    Character
    Crazze
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post

So you just gain a 4% overall difference, meaning even at 800 Attack, would only net you an additional ~30 Attack, averaged over time. But occasionally, you will have a lot less attack on the abilities and weapon skills that matter, WSs loaded with Warcry or Blood Rage, self-skillchaining with Sekkanoki and closing with a Warrior's Charge WS. That alone would probably be enough to make up for the entire 4% Attack increase, not to mention Warcry and Blood Rage last enough to get several WS in.
    If you are using Warrior's Charge for WS's then I am actually fairly sure you don't know what you are doing. Warrior's Charge gives better damage output if used to gain tp faster to do an additional WS not using it during a WS and getting a few extra damage from it.
    (0)
    90 Jobs THF BLM RNG SAM RDM WAR

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Using Warrior's Charge alone with the inherent JA delay will prevent you from doing an extra swing with a little haste (gear cap + spell is probably enough), losing one hit to (maybe) gain another. Remember that a good WAR has almost 30% Double Attack rate in their TP set anyway, which makes it useful only in 70% of all cases, the rest of the time you're just wasting it.

Theoretically, this would also apply to WS, but with Warrior's Charge up, you can ignore DA equip for WS and focus on ATT/STR. I doubt you'd change your melee gear mid TPing just cause WC is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazze View Post
    [..] and getting a few extra damage from it.
    You can get over 3k damage from it on WS, and on average you prolly get over 1k inside Abyssea.

You say I don't know what I'm doing, math says you don't know what you're doing. And if you get owned by math, better not flame about others.
    (0)

Player
    Why would you ignore DA equip on a WS when you can DA more than once. Unless you're using a 1 hit WS, but then why are you using a one hit for damage at all. (Skilling up doesn't count)
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 03-13-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast