Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
    Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    saevel Sometimes you make me want to hop to your server for a bit and see how you get it done.

Maybe I should make a mule that hops servers and takes a look at various RDMs in the game and chronicle how they play. I bet there's a different style for every one.
    (1)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    That could be cool, hell even a interview, screenshot, and make a cool little webpage for it, vanity shots and all.
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I won't get too grandiose about it but I think it's a good idea to do once in a while. A full comparison on what each player enjoys the most about it, and how they work with the difficulties both mechanical and social, surrounding the practice.

If it goes well, might make it a regular thing.

Well, as regular as I can get anyways.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    I won't get too grandiose about it but I think it's a good idea to do once in a while. A full comparison on what each player enjoys the most about it, and how they work with the difficulties both mechanical and social, surrounding the practice.
    "Well, sometimes a friend comes over while I'm playing Final Fantasy XI...I try to obscure my computer screen with my torso and tell him or her that I'm watching fetish videos of a lady in a latex clown suit smothering kittens with a pillow taped to her shoes. After that, the friend usually doesn't look at the screen closely enough to find out that I'm actually playing an MMORPG. In this way, my dorky secret remains safe."

Oh, I guess you mean social within FFXI...
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    saevel Sometimes you make me want to hop to your server for a bit and see how you get it done.

Maybe I should make a mule that hops servers and takes a look at various RDMs in the game and chronicle how they play. I bet there's a different style for every one.
    Depends what your current end game affiliation / LS is. Are you in one?

Currently I'm in Avalon
    http://avalon.guildwork.com/
    http://www.ffxiah.com/linkshell/Lakshmi/KnightofAvalon

We're very member focused, if a member wants some piece of gear we'll find a way to get it for them. It's how I got full +2 Emp armor on most of my jobs as well as getting my Almace. Whenever a member joins they get Main / Sub jobs (LS picks main based on need, you pick sub based on desire) and then you pick an Emp weapon you want. Anyhow because we're not a H2H Blue only LS we use two PLD's as our tanking team, so our tactics are different then all the (MNK + WHM + THF ONRY) groups out there. Inside abyssea I'm almost always BLU, sometimes WAR (if we need red !!) or if we're set for jobs then I'll just come whatever. Outside abyssea is where I'm almost always RDM, usually /DRK for stun. My job outside is to support the two tanks and healer, keep the BLM's alive whenever possible, do battle raise's, Keep Slow II / Dia III on the NM, and then deal damage in whatever form is best at that time. Sometimes this involved me nuking from afar, and sometimes its me rushing in with all the other melee's and lighting a NM up. In all situations I have to judge when it's prudent to do each action and keep things moving forward. Saboteur Dia III has become a favorite for VWNM's, after white proc you have a good chunk of time and the more damage that is dealt the biggest boost you get to spectral alignment. Within one to two procs we can cap alignment in all categories and that's when the kill order is usually given, unless it's an incredibly dangerous NM.
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Depends what your current end game affiliation / LS is. Are you in one?
    Nothing dedicated, just a social that does events and helps with gear.

I haven't had the playtime for it to be a wise choice to get knee deep in a dedicated 'endgame' LS for quite a long time ,as my living arrangements had gone through a lot of chances over the years.

Currently I'm employed in the evenings except Friday and Saturday which are long day mornings. Kinda kills my availability.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Nothing dedicated, just a social that does events and helps with gear.

I haven't had the playtime for it to be a wise choice to get knee deep in a dedicated 'endgame' LS for quite a long time ,as my living arrangements had gone through a lot of chances over the years.

Currently I'm employed in the evenings except Friday and Saturday which are long day mornings. Kinda kills my availability.
    I'm in a similar situation. I have a full time day, 10am to 7pm KST from mon to fri. Along with a social life to maintain, friends and a serious relationship with my GF. The real kicker for me is because I'm in South Korea, my play times are completely out of whack with the rest of the English speaking population. I abhorred "end game" for years and mostly did things with friends who were in the same TZ as me, eventually most of the quit. Thankfully Avalon is a EU mostly shell, events are at 3am my time, which if I'm careful with my sleep schedule I can make.
    (0)

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31