Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm just so incredibly disappointed, I have no idea what to say.

I hit the ability and then if I get hit for 25dmg thats it for an entire 3 minutes?

....Wtf?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    I'm just so incredibly disappointed, I have no idea what to say.

I hit the ability and then if I get hit for 25dmg thats it for an entire 3 minutes?

....Wtf?
    Except that the buff only lasts for one minute, apparently. You have 3 minutes to get hit.

Sometimes it takes time for a mob to get through all of your Tactical Parries, you know.

I have a question for the dev team:
    If you're making a party for any given situation, and you have a choice of every job (i.e. there are 6-18 of each job lined up and ready for you to pick them), why would you choose DRK? Unless you want a good Arcana-intimidator, does DRK bring anything unique to the table? Does it do anything better than any other job can? Does it strike some balance by doing something almost as well as another job, while negating a weakness associated with another job that does it better?

You should be able to answer that question for every job, and you should sincerely ask it each time updates roll around.

Pretend like you have to play DRK- What have you really gained overall by switching to the offense-oriented magic hybrid of WAR instead of just staying on WAR? Is it worth it with the way those things work? Pretend like you have to play RNG- what should your money buy you? Pretend like you have to play PLD- why aren't you switching to NIN? Pretend like you have to play THF- what should you be able to do?

...Is it really that difficult to do this?
    (6)
    Last edited by Selzak; 09-03-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    DRK has no natural evasion and no natural damage mitigation.

Why the hell do I have three minutes to get hit once?

Do they actually think we parry, due to the useless job trait they gave us?

I'm having a hard time believing ANYONE is this stupid.
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    They couldve just gave us Drain III or Dread Spikes II I wouldve be extremely happy with that
    (2)

Character
    Armangetto
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    They need to change it to where you take multiple hits during the absorb phase to hit a dmg cap. While during the boost phase is a set dmg % boost . LIke 20 to 30%. Also they need to change the timers around. The absorb phase should be 1 min/1 min 30 sec, while the dmg boost should be 2 to 3 mins.

Or leave Scarlet Delirium as is but swap the timers, 1 min for absorb phase and 3 mins for dmg boost phase. Either option should fix Scarlet Delirium Imo.

This ANY one hit during the absorb phase for 3 mins is just fucking stupid.
    (4)
    Last edited by Armangetto; 09-03-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    "Scarlet Delirium" features the previously unused ability of turning received damage into a benefit, so we understand that players will take some time to adjust to its effects.

I think it is sad they don't even know their own game.
    (3)
    Last edited by Urteil; 09-03-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    I think it is sad they don't even know their own game.
    I think they meant it's unique that it's the only ability that "benefits" from getting hit with an area of effect attack, unlike counter, retaliation, spike spells etc. At least as far as I'm aware.

Does that make it useful and DRK a desirable party member? Don't hold your breath dev team.
    (0)

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Madawc View Post
    If SE had some brains they would make this a Job TRAIT which procs if you lose more then 50% of your HP. Like NINs Migawari: "severely damaging attacks."
    The way you writing this implying that Migawari is a job trait. I hope you know it's a spell that works for 1 attack and has a 2 min recast?

My idea for Scarlet Delirium is to make absorb phase a 1 minute long and bonus phase should start exactly after absorb phase not after 1st attack you get. Bonus should be based on highest attack you got in the absorb phase so for example:

1. you turn it on
    2. You get some hit for 20, 100, 30 ,50, 90 and 40 sec into absorb mode mob did some TP attack for 1000 damage.
    3. After 60 sec absorb mode it check highest recorded damage in this case 1000 and make a bonus based on that

This or like someone wrote make the bonus phase 3min with absorb phase of 60 sec. For now this ability should be used just before some high damaging AoE or TP move so I have no idea why SE made it 3min absorb when they want us to use just before the attack lol. Seriously Camate please ask development team about this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atoreis; 09-03-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Character
    Madawc
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Yes I know Migawari is a spell, I was pointing to its use. It procs only when a certain amount of damage is dealt. I suggest SD to be made in to a JOB TRAIT which procs if more then 50% of your HP is lost. This proc last for 1min and next proc must wait atleast 3min.

Or the Job Trait could just accumulate damage taken and decay over time. Like a buffer, you fill the buffer up with damage taken and it bleeds off to zero. DmgUp% is proportional to the buffer. Lowering the cap from 49.9% to 30% would be reasonable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Madawc; 09-03-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    They couldve just gave us Drain III or Dread Spikes II I wouldve be extremely happy with that
    I would like to think dark knight gets to actually be a zerg damage job again before they jacked up everyone else. I am fine with defensive spells/abilities but their power should come first and foremost as they are suppose to excel at damage over warrior. I am just going to keep on playing warrior till SE understands what the first development team did about dark knight.
    (1)

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast