Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Familiar

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemuthxero View Post
    What is this "Charm" that you speak of?
    Yeah seriously, I used to have a ton of fun soloing lv 90ish stuff as RDM75/BST37 back in the day, like certain Sky NM's, Hakutaku, WotG box NM's to name a few... I miss that kind of stuff, now it's Call Beast or no Beast.
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I completely support this idea, as I never really use Charm or Familiar anymore.

Some new modifications to the Beastmaster ability "Familiar" are needed, indeed.
    Perhaps allow monsters within Abyssea to be Charmable even?

I like the ideas that have been submitted to alter Familiar. Perhaps an alternate idea could be that Familiar creates a actual Familiar of the current Monster or Notorious Monster you are fighting? Would be interesting to see a MiniFafnir when used on Fafnir or Nidhogg, etc. or a MiniAdamantoise when used on Adamantoise or Aspidochelone, etc.. Well, you get the idea...

I do hope that Familiar gets some form of adjustment to make it worth using again.
    (0)

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I liked the original posters idea

you have to remember a lot of these "bsts" now a days have no clue what charm is or how to charm. I actually had bsts tell me that bsts no longer charm in the game. the minute they can use jugs they do that

lol

then again I watched and most of these "bsts" go to Abyssea to level their bst

about 5-6 years ago I got bst to 75. when I returned a few months ago after 20 months break i leveled 75-90 outside of Abyssea solo so i could learn the new skills.

I really like the idea of your skills you posted and the tweaks. You didn't go the wrong way with charmed pets it's just most of theses bst now a days have issues with charming and probably would be confused with a 2hr that benefited a charmed pet lol

But good idea i really liked it
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Player
    4. Give the pet 300% tp.
    ^ This.
    +50% Max HP.
    +10% Haste.
    +10-20% Attack.
    +10-20% Defense.
    100 TP Bonus on Sic and Ready commands
    Pet foods have double their effect on Familiar'd pet.
    And 300% TP when ability is first used.

That is a 2 hour.
    (0)

Player
    A lot of great ideas. Familiar definately needs to get an upgrade. I was thinking that maybe it should be made to allow another pet to be summoned at the same time. It would be like that Yaguo NM or Mithra in campaign. When executing BST JA's it would just apply to both pets performing same actions i.e. Sic/Ready. With Snarl just have it split the enmity between the 2 pets etc. 3 pets seems kind of broken, but I think 2 would be fine.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Yopop View Post
    I liked the original posters idea

you have to remember a lot of these "bsts" now a days have no clue what charm is or how to charm.
    Hey! I just broke 51 (for the first time ever) on bst, and I did it outside of Abyssea - I've actually never been to Abyssea except to unlock maws and start stones collecting. I see a lot of beasts out when I am exping, we are one of the few jobs that people actually seem to level on the outside.

On topic: Familiar is still awesome on the outside. Although of course I wouldn't be against my favourite job getting a buffed... but familiar is still better than azure lore (lol). I think that familiar only really sucks in abyssea and once you hit 90 - for someone like me, it is still the cats pajamas. I think having really difficult to charm mobs in abyssea would do enough to make familiar better.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 03-29-2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: added moar!

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    for a jug, all familiar does is give pet more hp
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2